Super Bowl MVP QB Nick Foles

Re: Super Bowl MVP QB Nick Foles

Postby Wolfgang622 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:53 pm

heyeaglefn wrote:@AdamSchefter: Eagles’ QB Nick Foles has a $1 million incentive if Philadelphia goes to the postseason AND he plays 33 percent of team’s plays. His bruised ribs that prevented him from finishing today’s game now mean he played 32 percent of Eagles’ plays - 1 percent short of $1 million. Ouch.

If they don’t pay him they are scum.
"I'm in a bar with the games sound turned off and that Cespedes home run still sounded like inevitability."

-swish
Wolfgang622
Plays the Game the Right Way

Re: Nick Foles

Postby Napalm » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:56 pm

joe table wrote:
joe table wrote:
momadance wrote:Image
Napalm
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!

Postby joe table » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:57 pm

Napalm wrote:
joe table wrote:
joe table wrote:
momadance wrote:Image
joe table

Postby momadance » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:39 pm

Philly the Kid wrote:
Napalm wrote:ptk, where u at my boy. it's going down and we're gonna yell timber

I think I'm over Foles. I thought he could be Flacco. But he's not. Those ridiculous moon shots where he throws way too much air. The continued passing awkwardly off his back foot, and just not getting it done when it has to be done. He doesn't have the zip on the ball or accuracy.

I don't know what they can do? I don't see how they can find a star QBof-the-future? We don't draft high enough, nor do we want to wait 2-3 years for a rookie to develop and master the system and the NFL speed, game, situations, defensive alignments.

Foles is only good enough - maybe - if you have an elite D, or a massively dominant running game. Last year we did. And thus, he was able with some babip that was favorable pull a Mark Fidryich kind of season. But this was a brutal battle and he choked liked a mo-fo. I credit him for playing hard and trying to get back up and get er done, but he doesn't have the arm. He just doesn't and he's starting to feel like a liability. I blame this loss on Foles.

Cardinals had 1 good drive, and 2 big plays. If we had Brees, Rogers, etc... we would have likely pulled this tough game out.
Titlehungry wrote:Nice celebration... whole team peed on the fans in honor or Tate's acquisition
momadance
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby joe table » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:39 pm

Respect to ptk, the take is the take
joe table

Postby Bucky » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:02 pm

hey joe, please give me five different numbers from 1 to 70 and one number from 1 to 25

tia
Bucky
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Wolfgang622 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:51 pm

Just re-read all of my old posts regarding Foles, going a-way back to the 2013 season, and dear me mine are not good or prescient in any way so I in no way exempt myself from what I am about to say, but looking back at that 2013 season what I most forgot is how much of a debate it was if Foles was or could be the "QB of the future" even while he was putting up 27/2, and how really so much of the sense that somehow he wasn't good or that it was all a mirage was really coming from the top - from Chip Kelly. Kelly never really believed in him.

Imagine if Doug had been coach THEN? Or anyone who had any sense about how to evaluate pro talent (DeSean, LeSean, Foles, etc.). I mean we may never have drafted Wentz because we never would have been in a position to because we would have been making deep playoff runs every year with Foles as QB...
"I'm in a bar with the games sound turned off and that Cespedes home run still sounded like inevitability."

-swish
Wolfgang622

Postby Gimpy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:04 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeGarafolo ... 75584?s=09

“Nick Foles today said he hopes he’s shown the rest of the NFL winning is not just about the QB. Asked him what he meant by that and how he, as a QB, helps facilitate that. This was his response. It’s a good one. Shows his understanding of, and approach to, being a leader”

Gimpy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby gr » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:48 pm

Will enjoy the 2028 season when Nick takes over for Dug as HC.
"You practicing for the Hit Parade?"
gr
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby azrider » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:56 pm

gr wrote:Will enjoy the 2028 season when Nick takes over for Dug as HC.

going to have to pull him away from eddie v's though.
azrider
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor

Postby Napalm » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:24 pm

Gimpy wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1084938547403075584?s=09

“Nick Foles today said he hopes he’s shown the rest of the NFL winning is not just about the QB. Asked him what he meant by that and how he, as a QB, helps facilitate that. This was his response. It’s a good one. Shows his understanding of, and approach to, being a leader”

this is a low key shot at Carson Wentz and also Jesus Christ himself
Napalm

Postby thephan » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:54 pm

I took it as he is going to renegotiate his deal to be cheap to stay in Philly because he's not that important.
If you got those mad internet skills like Rudy Giuliani and cannot figure out if something is true, try > clicking here < and typing in the four most relevant words from a post.
thephan
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Wolfgang622 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:52 pm

So long Nick, it was a pleasure.

-swish
Wolfgang622

Postby Eem » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:56 am

Flip to Jacksonville as OC... that becomes as obvious a Foles spot as any
Bed and bath i love this places
Eem
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby gr » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:03 pm

Eem wrote:Flip to Jacksonville as OC... that becomes as obvious a Foles spot as any

A fitting pre-retirement stop, catch some rays, see some waves, set up a hoagie shop.
"You practicing for the Hit Parade?"
gr
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby thephan » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:28 pm

The Athletic has a running interview with Joe Banner about the Birds. The latest was about Foles future. It was interesting. He thinks that it is somewhat equally likely that they pick up the option, then let him buy himself out, or just let him disappear. When the pick up the option they would shop the crap out of him. He pointed out the Franchise Tag is a bad idea because it is a $24-25M cap hit. He also said that the $2M buy out was an agent mistake.
If you got those mad internet skills like Rudy Giuliani and cannot figure out if something is true, try > clicking here < and typing in the four most relevant words from a post.
thephan
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby bleh » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:44 pm

What does he mean by it being a mistake?
bleh
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby ek » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:48 pm

gr wrote:
Eem wrote:Flip to Jacksonville as OC... that becomes as obvious a Foles spot as any

A fitting pre-retirement stop, catch some rays, see some waves, set up a hoagie shop.

hangout with ek
ek

Postby thephan » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:32 pm

bleh wrote:What does he mean by it being a mistake?

Scenario 3: Eagles pick up Foles’ option, he doesn’t void it with the $2M payback and they trade him

In this scenario, Foles’ $20 million contract for 2019 would become guaranteed on the third day of the league year (March 15).

Banner: This is certainly possible. It requires a team that’s willing to trade something of substance. It would have to be higher than the comp pick they’d get, which is likely to be at the end of the third round. And a team that is willing to give something up for somebody that is going to make $20 million for one year. Now you may say, “Well, the new team will want to negotiate an extension.” If that’s the case, Foles is better off paying the $2 million and being free to negotiate that. So although this is a possible scenario, I consider it relatively unlikely.

Kapadia: What would be the motivation for Foles to go this route? Just not having to pay back the $2 million? Is there any other motivation?

Banner: Not really. See, I view that the agent made a mistake here. If he was going to give the Eagles an option, which I don’t really understand why he did or would do, I understand he got some extra money, but it wasn’t a ton and most of it was contingent. What he should have done was force the Eagles, if they exercise the option, for the money to become guaranteed. As you know, it could become guaranteed at a later date, but it doesn’t become guaranteed when they exercise it. So that makes your question very relevant. Why would Foles leave himself in that position? And the answer is to potentially save the $2 million. But frankly, the $2 million is going to be so irrelevant in the contract that he’s going to get from somebody that I can’t imagine him allowing the Eagles to still continue to control his rights in some way.

BTW, theathletic.com is great and you should subscribe to read great stuff like this regularly.
thephan
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Phred » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:15 pm

thephan is Shiel Kapadia!
Phred
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

PreviousNext

Return to Back She Goes!