Sports Media II: Knobler, Windhorst, Cooney and all ur faves

Re: Sports Media II: Knobler, Windhorst, Cooney and all ur f

Postby momadance » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:23 pm

Yet Sal Pal lives on.
kwyjibo.
User avatar
momadance
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 16621
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:52 pm
Location: high gear of your soul

Re: Sports Media II: Knobler, Windhorst, Cooney and all ur f

Postby BigEd76 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:08 pm

and Screamin' A
User avatar
BigEd76
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 93143
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:13 pm
Location: 40.155/-74.829

Re: Sports Media II: Knobler, Windhorst, Cooney and all ur f

Postby PSUsarge » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:44 pm

97.5's big topic today is their petition to keep the NFL draft in Philly.
User avatar
PSUsarge
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 4474
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: 215

Re: Sports Media II: Knobler, Windhorst, Cooney and all ur f

Postby pacino » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:46 pm

the location of a draft you can watch on television is the #1 topic! so glad i don't listen to sports radio
I confess that I have never seen Markelle Fultz play a basketball game and I was not at his 76ers workout Saturday in Camden
User avatar
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP
 
Posts: 66219
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:37 pm

Re: Sports Media II: Knobler, Windhorst, Cooney and all ur f

Postby mtcal » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:47 pm

pacino wrote:the location of a draft you can watch on television is the #1 topic! so glad i don't listen to sports radio


let's give them some credit, they were also complaining about embiid potentially playing in a soccer match.
Not everything I think is something I should say.
User avatar
mtcal
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 1911
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:12 pm

Re: Sports Media II: Knobler, Windhorst, Cooney and all ur f

Postby PSUsarge » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:04 pm

does embiid playing soccer make him less of a "philly guy" to you? your calls next, 215-293-0975
User avatar
PSUsarge
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 4474
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: 215

Re: Sports Media II: Knobler, Windhorst, Cooney and all ur f

Postby MoBettle » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:49 pm

That's a violation
Two days later I get a text back that says I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat.
User avatar
MoBettle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 13168
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:45 am

Re: Sports Media II: Knobler, Windhorst, Cooney and all ur f

Postby momadance » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:53 pm

MoBettle wrote:Yo cuz. That's a violation, bro


fyp
kwyjibo.
User avatar
momadance
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 16621
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:52 pm
Location: high gear of your soul

Re: Sports Media II: Knobler, Windhorst, Cooney and all ur f

Postby MoBettle » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:07 pm

Ah dood. GET OUTTA HEEAH!
Two days later I get a text back that says I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat.
User avatar
MoBettle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 13168
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:45 am

Re: Sports Media II: Knobler, Windhorst, Cooney and all ur f

Postby PSUsarge » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:13 pm

Mike Miss just admitted their show topic - "where do you rank the eagles?" - completely fell flat and that they were unable to get Matt Klentak as an interview. So they tried to change gears on a few different subjects and now have G-Cobb coming on to talk about OTAs. Woof.
User avatar
PSUsarge
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 4474
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: 215

Re: Sports Media II: Knobler, Windhorst, Cooney and all ur f

Postby mtcal » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:20 pm

PSUsarge wrote:Mike Miss just admitted their show topic - "where do you rank the eagles?" - completely fell flat and that they were unable to get Matt Klentak as an interview. So they tried to change gears on a few different subjects and now have G-Cobb coming on to talk about OTAs. Woof.


he really needs to hang it up
Not everything I think is something I should say.
User avatar
mtcal
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 1911
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:12 pm

Re: Sports Media II: Knobler, Windhorst, Cooney and all ur f

Postby Brantt » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:23 pm

mtcal wrote:
PSUsarge wrote:Mike Miss just admitted their show topic - "where do you rank the eagles?" - completely fell flat and that they were unable to get Matt Klentak as an interview. So they tried to change gears on a few different subjects and now have G-Cobb coming on to talk about OTAs. Woof.


he really needs to hang it up


I feel like sports radio as a whole in Philadelphia is done.

Gargano has been pouting and putting in minimal effort for weeks since his girlfriend was let go.
"I don't think we're too far apart, Tom Brady and myself." - Matt McGloin
Brantt
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor
 
Posts: 6818
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:38 pm

Re: Sports Media II: Knobler, Windhorst, Cooney and all ur f

Postby mtcal » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:26 pm

Brantt wrote:
mtcal wrote:
PSUsarge wrote:Mike Miss just admitted their show topic - "where do you rank the eagles?" - completely fell flat and that they were unable to get Matt Klentak as an interview. So they tried to change gears on a few different subjects and now have G-Cobb coming on to talk about OTAs. Woof.


he really needs to hang it up


I feel like sports radio as a whole in Philadelphia is done.

Gargano has been pouting and putting in minimal effort for weeks since his girlfriend was let go.


this is pretty accurate. i mean, they'll still have their listenerbase but if you go show by show, there's just not that much good sports talk going on except when someone like bodner calls in
Not everything I think is something I should say.
User avatar
mtcal
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 1911
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:12 pm

Re: Sports Media II: Knobler, Windhorst, Cooney and all ur f

Postby pacino » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:27 pm

mtcal wrote:
Brantt wrote:
mtcal wrote:
PSUsarge wrote:Mike Miss just admitted their show topic - "where do you rank the eagles?" - completely fell flat and that they were unable to get Matt Klentak as an interview. So they tried to change gears on a few different subjects and now have G-Cobb coming on to talk about OTAs. Woof.


he really needs to hang it up


I feel like sports radio as a whole in Philadelphia is done.

Gargano has been pouting and putting in minimal effort for weeks since his girlfriend was let go.


this is pretty accurate. i mean, they'll still have their listenerbase but if you go show by show, there's just not that much good sports talk going on except when someone like bodner calls in

which you get much more of on his very own podcast

radio's dead
I confess that I have never seen Markelle Fultz play a basketball game and I was not at his 76ers workout Saturday in Camden
User avatar
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP
 
Posts: 66219
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:37 pm

Re: Sports Media II: Knobler, Windhorst, Cooney and all ur f

Postby Grotewold » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:54 pm

It's the impossible task of filling 16-24 hours with sprots talk with the teams in the doldrums. Plus a lot of former listeners finding much better content through podcasts.

Say what you want about Spike but putting Bleeding Green Nation segments on WIP is really smart. They should do that for Sixers Beat and Felske Files and whatever the Flyers equivalent is. It'll take the knuckle draggers a few years to get used to actual knowledge and not calling in (as much, at least), but that's where it's going imo
User avatar
Grotewold
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 43676
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:40 am

Re: Sports Media II: Knobler, Windhorst, Cooney and all ur f

Postby mtcal » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:13 pm

Grotewold wrote:It's the impossible task of filling 16-24 hours with sprots talk with the teams in the doldrums. Plus a lot of former listeners finding much better content through podcasts.

Say what you want about Spike but putting Bleeding Green Nation segments on WIP is really smart. They should do that for Sixers Beat and Felske Files and whatever the Flyers equivalent is. It'll take the knuckle draggers a few years to get used to actual knowledge and not calling in (as much, at least), but that's where it's going imo


i think spike is the most intelligent guy out of all of them, and wish he had a regular show rather than running it.
Not everything I think is something I should say.
User avatar
mtcal
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 1911
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:12 pm

Re: Sports Media II: Knobler, Windhorst, Cooney and all ur f

Postby The B1G Piece » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:05 am

mtcal wrote:
PSUsarge wrote:Mike Miss just admitted their show topic - "where do you rank the eagles?" - completely fell flat and that they were unable to get Matt Klentak as an interview. So they tried to change gears on a few different subjects and now have G-Cobb coming on to talk about OTAs. Woof.


he really needs to hang it up

His producer is lousy.
User avatar
The B1G Piece
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 10109
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 1:11 pm
Location: Tucson

Re: Sports Media II: Knobler, Windhorst, Cooney and all ur f

Postby Grotewold » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:38 pm

Image

Philly.com NBA/Sixers writer, who remains adamant
User avatar
Grotewold
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 43676
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:40 am

Re: Sports Media II: Knobler, Windhorst, Cooney and all ur f

Postby pacino » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:05 pm

@NBASarah 2h2 hours ago
More
I don't have an opinion on the picks that haven't happened or panned out yet.
'@NBASarah 2h2 hours ago
More
I mean, if they draft terribly it could go bad, or at least not get better. But I agree, looks like they came out on top for now


SERIOUSLY?

this is the level of NBA analysis the Inky hired?

i bet she chases inside straights
I confess that I have never seen Markelle Fultz play a basketball game and I was not at his 76ers workout Saturday in Camden
User avatar
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP
 
Posts: 66219
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:37 pm

Re: Sports Media II: Knobler, Windhorst, Cooney and all ur f

Postby Barry Jive » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:20 pm

it looks like she's an internal hire which makes sense since their staff is dwindling in numbers. they're probably not looking for Bodneresque expertise from their beat reporters
no offense but you are everything that's wrong with America
Barry Jive
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way
 
Posts: 37320
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:53 pm
Location: I'm Doug, solamente Doug.

PreviousNext

Return to Back She Goes!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], slugsrbad and 12 guests