2017 NHL Offseason

Re: 2017 NHL Offseason

Postby BigEd76 » Sun May 28, 2017 5:54 pm

Leafs/Caps at Navy's football stadium on March 3rd
User avatar
BigEd76
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 93870
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:13 pm
Location: 40.155/-74.829

Re: 2017 NHL Offseason

Postby BigEd76 » Tue May 30, 2017 1:35 pm

Winnipeg's "MTS Centre" is now "Bell MTS Place" since Montreal already has "Bell Centre". The NHL now has Bell Centre, Bell MTS Place, Rogers Arena, Rogers Place, TD Garden and TD Ameritrade Center.
User avatar
BigEd76
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 93870
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:13 pm
Location: 40.155/-74.829

Re: 2017 NHL Offseason

Postby 702 » Wed May 31, 2017 12:56 pm

First Knights rumblings..

#Hawks would allow VGK to take D Trevor van Riemsdyk in draft, on consideration that @GoldenKnights also take Marcus Kruger in trade. #TSN
User avatar
702
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 22927
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:41 pm
Location: Vegas

Re: 2017 NHL Offseason

Postby BigEd76 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:06 pm

NHL/Adidas is doing leaks of all the jerseys today. Here's the Vegas one:

Image
User avatar
BigEd76
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 93870
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:13 pm
Location: 40.155/-74.829

Re: 2017 NHL Offseason

Postby 702 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:35 pm

I can't find a picture of it at the moment but it's going to have raised accent dots around the V of the helmet. It's the logo they showed opening night but it disappeared after.


Happy they went with the gun metal grey instead of the actual grey. Also using Vegas gold instead of mustard yellow.
User avatar
702
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 22927
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:41 pm
Location: Vegas

Re: 2017 NHL Offseason

Postby 702 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:41 pm

It'll also have the flowery #$!&@ on the side embroidered in black.
Image
User avatar
702
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 22927
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:41 pm
Location: Vegas

Re: 2017 NHL Offseason

Postby ReadingPhilly » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:25 pm

User avatar
ReadingPhilly
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way
 
Posts: 47913
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:32 pm

Re: 2017 NHL Offseason

Postby Girooski » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:55 am

702 wrote:I can't find a picture of it at the moment but it's going to have raised accent dots around the V of the helmet. It's the logo they showed opening night but it disappeared after.


Happy they went with the gun metal grey instead of the actual grey. Also using Vegas gold instead of mustard yellow.
so how is this going to work, are you a fan of both teams now? And does your allegiance flip flop to whichever team is doing better at that time?

Asking for a friend that lives outside of LA, home of the most frontrunner fans.
Girooski
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:10 am

Re: 2017 NHL Offseason

Postby PTOITWCFTPP » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:02 am

What happens when Vegas plays the Flyers? Who do you root for now?
I know everything about Sixers.

My word means more than a paper.

"Joel, you've been a bit of a social media star the last few years." Embiid nods confidently
User avatar
PTOITWCFTPP
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way
 
Posts: 45418
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:57 pm

Re: 2017 NHL Offseason

Postby heyeaglefn » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:10 am

I imagine you can root for both teams since they will only play twice and possibly in the cup finals at some point. When they play each other maybe root for the home team or the team doing better at that point, I don't know.
User avatar
heyeaglefn
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor
 
Posts: 9923
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: 2017 NHL Offseason

Postby 702 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:50 am

Girooski wrote:
702 wrote:I can't find a picture of it at the moment but it's going to have raised accent dots around the V of the helmet. It's the logo they showed opening night but it disappeared after.


Happy they went with the gun metal grey instead of the actual grey. Also using Vegas gold instead of mustard yellow.
so how is this going to work, are you a fan of both teams now? And does your allegiance flip flop to whichever team is doing better at that time?

Asking for a friend that lives outside of LA, home of the most frontrunner fans.



Girooski wrote:Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:47 am
So next year when las vegas has a team, who are you rooting for?

Just wondering because you know i live in a city full of "frontrunner" fans as you stated.



New material please.
User avatar
702
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 22927
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:41 pm
Location: Vegas

Re: 2017 NHL Offseason

Postby 702 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:52 am

PTOITWCFTPP wrote:What happens when Vegas plays the Flyers? Who do you root for now?

Flyers for 82 games, Vegas for 80.
User avatar
702
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 22927
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:41 pm
Location: Vegas

Re: 2017 NHL Offseason

Postby 702 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:59 am

I'll be at the awards/expansion draft next week. It's still a mystery how they'll announce trades and such during the expansion portion.
User avatar
702
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 22927
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:41 pm
Location: Vegas

Re: 2017 NHL Offseason

Postby Girooski » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:12 pm

702 wrote:
Girooski wrote:
702 wrote:I can't find a picture of it at the moment but it's going to have raised accent dots around the V of the helmet. It's the logo they showed opening night but it disappeared after.


Happy they went with the gun metal grey instead of the actual grey. Also using Vegas gold instead of mustard yellow.
so how is this going to work, are you a fan of both teams now? And does your allegiance flip flop to whichever team is doing better at that time?

Asking for a friend that lives outside of LA, home of the most frontrunner fans.



Girooski wrote:Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:47 am
So next year when las vegas has a team, who are you rooting for?

Just wondering because you know i live in a city full of "frontrunner" fans as you stated.



New material please.

Well maybe if you answered me the first time i would duh!
Girooski
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:10 am

Re: 2017 NHL Offseason

Postby Girooski » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:17 pm

702 wrote:
PTOITWCFTPP wrote:What happens when Vegas plays the Flyers? Who do you root for now?

Flyers for 82 games, Vegas for 80.
so by some miracle if vegas wins the cup you'll be repping them right?

So we just got the chargers (actually gonna go to 2-3 games including the eagles game) and by some miracle they win it all i can rep them too right? Or will i be a frontrunner?
Girooski
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:10 am

Re: 2017 NHL Offseason

Postby 702 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:25 pm

You're trolling, why would I care to answer?...but anyways...

I honestly don't own a piece of Knights gear. Probably the only thing I'll have is the STH jersey they are giving out to those who have full packages and even then i'm selling hopefully 70% of the tickets. I'd be happy they won but you wouldn't see me running the streets naked. Too much time invested in Philadelphia.
(I'll be at that Eagles game, staying in Redondo)
User avatar
702
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 22927
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:41 pm
Location: Vegas

Re: 2017 NHL Offseason

Postby BigEd76 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:39 am

Buyout season!

-- Rangers bought out Dan Girardi
-- Colorado bought out alternate captain Francois Beauchemin
User avatar
BigEd76
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 93870
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:13 pm
Location: 40.155/-74.829

Re: 2017 NHL Offseason

Postby BigEd76 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:38 pm

-- Sharks assistant (and former enforcer) Bob Boughner is the new Panthers head coach

-- Predators assistant Phil Housley will be the new head coach of the Sabres. (Total coincidence, but almost 27 years ago to the day (6/16/1990), Buffalo traded him away to Winnipeg)
User avatar
BigEd76
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 93870
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:13 pm
Location: 40.155/-74.829

Re: 2017 NHL Offseason

Postby BigEd76 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:12 pm

TRADE:

Montreal gets: Drouin + 2018 cond 6th
Tampa gets: Sergachev + 2018 cond 2nd
User avatar
BigEd76
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 93870
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:13 pm
Location: 40.155/-74.829

Re: 2017 NHL Offseason

Postby heyeaglefn » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:54 pm

Pierre LeBrun‏Verified account @PierreVLeBrun 5m5 minutes ago
More
Six years, $33 million for Drouin in Montreal
User avatar
heyeaglefn
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor
 
Posts: 9923
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:21 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Back She Goes!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests