2017 NBA Offseason

Re: 2017 NBA Offseason

Postby pacino » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:49 am

Rumor that Butler wants to go to Cleveland
A Ben Simmons Fan
User avatar
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP
 
Posts: 70440
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:37 pm
Location: Lost in Bry-Bry's collar

Re: 2017 NBA Offseason

Postby Gimpy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:11 pm

Apparently Phoenix was going to give up #4 for Love and Griffin was looking to parlay that pick into Butler (or potentially George).
User avatar
Gimpy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 12447
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:11 pm

Re: 2017 NBA Offseason

Postby Grotewold » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:16 pm

Please please let Porzingis be Ainge's reason for our deal but not happen
At that point, neither myself nor any of the coaches had heard from Jackrabbit
User avatar
Grotewold
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 45365
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:40 am

Re: 2017 NBA Offseason

Postby PSUPhilliesPhan » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:25 pm

Gimpy wrote:Apparently Phoenix was going to give up #4 for Love and Griffin was looking to parlay that pick into Butler (or potentially George).


LOL Suns, if true. Classic GM trying to save his job by getting the #8 seed in playoffs. Just took 2 19-year-old PF's last year. I'd try to extort Bender.
User avatar
PSUPhilliesPhan
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 4994
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:27 pm
Location: South Philly by a block

Re: 2017 NBA Offseason

Postby azrider » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:35 pm

I would move Simmons for Porzingis straight up.
User avatar
azrider
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor
 
Posts: 5668
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:09 pm
Location: snottsdale, arizona

Re: 2017 NBA Offseason

Postby Napalm » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:38 pm

i'd think about but then probably not. that's some fancy pants maneuvering
User avatar
Napalm
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 53655
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: 2017 NBA Offseason

Postby heyeaglefn » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:58 pm

I wonder if 3 and Saric would have gotten it done with Okafor too.
User avatar
heyeaglefn
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 11638
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: 2017 NBA Offseason

Postby Grotewold » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:13 pm

heyeaglefn wrote:I wonder if 3 and Saric would have gotten it done with Okafor too.


Reports are the Knicks love Jackson, but you'd have to think they'd love Fultz, too, with the triangle. So I think the Celtics could have still trumped us.

Please just keep him Knicks
At that point, neither myself nor any of the coaches had heard from Jackrabbit
User avatar
Grotewold
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 45365
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:40 am

Re: 2017 NBA Offseason

Postby heyeaglefn » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:15 pm

Grotewold wrote:
heyeaglefn wrote:I wonder if 3 and Saric would have gotten it done with Okafor too.


Reports are the Knicks love Jackson, but you'd have to think they'd love Fultz, too, with the triangle. So I think the Celtics could have still trumped us.

Please just keep him Knicks

I was seeing 5 and 10 from Kings being floated around on Internet. Knicks would have 5 8 and 10 then.
User avatar
heyeaglefn
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 11638
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: 2017 NBA Offseason

Postby Grotewold » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:17 pm

I don't think that's enough. You need a virtually sure thing star to trade Porzingis. So the Celtics could still be in business if the Jackson interest is true
At that point, neither myself nor any of the coaches had heard from Jackrabbit
User avatar
Grotewold
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 45365
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:40 am

Re: 2017 NBA Offseason

Postby heyeaglefn » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:18 pm

Grotewold wrote:I don't think that's enough. You need a virtually sure thing star to trade Porzingis. So the Celtics could still be in business if the Jackson interest is true

The Kings have enough young guys they could throw in like Cauley-Stein or something to top it off.
User avatar
heyeaglefn
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 11638
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: 2017 NBA Offseason

Postby Grotewold » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:23 pm

heyeaglefn wrote:
Grotewold wrote:I don't think that's enough. You need a virtually sure thing star to trade Porzingis. So the Celtics could still be in business if the Jackson interest is true

The Kings have enough young guys they could throw in like Cauley-Stein or something to top it off.


Who knows what the Knicks are thinking but I would be shocked if he's traded for relatively middling picks and players. The Celtics could blow that offer out.
At that point, neither myself nor any of the coaches had heard from Jackrabbit
User avatar
Grotewold
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 45365
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:40 am

Re: 2017 NBA Offseason

Postby slugsrbad » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:28 pm

heyeaglefn wrote:
Grotewold wrote:
heyeaglefn wrote:I wonder if 3 and Saric would have gotten it done with Okafor too.


Reports are the Knicks love Jackson, but you'd have to think they'd love Fultz, too, with the triangle. So I think the Celtics could have still trumped us.

Please just keep him Knicks

I was seeing 5 and 10 from Kings being floated around on Internet. Knicks would have 5 8 and 10 then.


I'm pretty sure that would leave them with only 5.
Quick Google shows that GoGo is wrong with regards to the Kiwi and the Banana.

Doll Is Mine wrote:This Ellen DeGeneres look alike on ESPN is annoying. Who the hell is he?
User avatar
slugsrbad
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 22326
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:52 pm

Re: 2017 NBA Offseason

Postby heyeaglefn » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:30 pm

Grotewold wrote:
heyeaglefn wrote:
Grotewold wrote:I don't think that's enough. You need a virtually sure thing star to trade Porzingis. So the Celtics could still be in business if the Jackson interest is true

The Kings have enough young guys they could throw in like Cauley-Stein or something to top it off.


Who knows what the Knicks are thinking but I would be shocked if he's traded for relatively middling picks and players. The Celtics could blow that offer out.

Yeah Celtics could, but you wonder if Phil is from the mentality of let's trade this guy out West so we don't have to see him even if it is a lesser deal.
User avatar
heyeaglefn
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 11638
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: 2017 NBA Offseason

Postby MoBettle » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:38 pm

I think this is Phil playing some dumb game and he's not actually seriously considering trading him.
Two days later I get a text back that says I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat.
User avatar
MoBettle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 14799
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:45 am
Location: All the way up.

Re: 2017 NBA Offseason

Postby jamiethekiller » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:52 pm

porzy doesnt' fit the triangle
User avatar
jamiethekiller
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 23997
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:31 am

Re: 2017 NBA Offseason

Postby pacino » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:55 pm

the triangle doesn't fit the nba
A Ben Simmons Fan
User avatar
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP
 
Posts: 70440
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:37 pm
Location: Lost in Bry-Bry's collar

Re: 2017 NBA Offseason

Postby heyeaglefn » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:00 pm

He blew off exit meetings, they haven't talked to him, I think they could actually move him for a boatload of young assets. He is only 21 which makes it tough to let him go but they should be able to get a premium return and begin a tank phase.
User avatar
heyeaglefn
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 11638
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: 2017 NBA Offseason

Postby Grotewold » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:02 pm

Mannix and Lowe saying price "extremely high"; sense is Knicks may not be serious
At that point, neither myself nor any of the coaches had heard from Jackrabbit
User avatar
Grotewold
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 45365
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:40 am

Re: 2017 NBA Offseason

Postby heyeaglefn » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:52 pm

I am thinking we get the Lakers pick if this happens, right? PG13 has to be good enough to get them to the 6-10 worst record?

Marc Stein‏Verified account
@ESPNSteinLine
Following
More
League sources tell @RamonaShelburne and me: The Pacers and Lakers have engaged on Paul George trade talks in advance of Thursday's draft.
User avatar
heyeaglefn
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 11638
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:21 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Back She Goes!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cartersDad26 and 19 guests