2018-19 Minor League Offseason/Affiliate Changes

Re: 2018-19 Minor League Offseason/Affiliate Changes

Postby ReadingPhilly » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:14 pm

looks like all the staffs are set.

lehigh - gary jones returns as manager. greg legg moves up from reading to be bench coach. steve schrenk moves up from reading to be pc. darryl robinson (houston aaa hc) is the hc.

reading - shawn williams moves up from clearwater to be manager. aaron fultz moves up from clearwater to be pc. kevin riggs returns as hc. nelson prada who was in the org will be a coach.

clearwater - marty molloy moves up from lakewood to be manager. brad bergesen returns as pc. tyler henson moves up from lakewood to be hc. ruben gotay is back as coach.

lakewood - mike micucci (mariners coordinator of instruction) will be manager. matt hockenberry moves up from gcl to be pc. christian marrero will be hc.

williamsport - pat borders is back as manager. hector berrios returns as pc. joel mckeithan (driveline) will be hc.

gcl east will be roly de armas again and gcl west will be milver reyes.

juan castro! joins the org as a minor-league infield coordinator.
User avatar
ReadingPhilly
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 54476
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:32 pm

Re: 2018-19 Minor League Offseason/Affiliate Changes

Postby Uncle Milty » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:21 am

Uncle Milty wrote:Bring back the Boll Weevils!

It's happening! Not really but a rebranding is coming. Intimidators was a terrible name. https://www.milb.com/kannapolis/news/ka ... -303581616
Drunk and stupid is no way to be remembered but it is an easy way to forget.

But I took them away from all that. Now they work for me.
User avatar
Uncle Milty
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 21224
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:10 pm
Location: Wardrobe by Botany 500

Re: 2018-19 Minor League Offseason/Affiliate Changes

Postby Bucky » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:50 am

ReadingPhilly wrote:arrivederci! ventola is leaving reading.




thought i wandered into the restaurant threat
User avatar
Bucky
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 50423
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:24 pm
Location: You_Still_Have_To_Visit_Us

Re: 2018-19 Minor League Offseason/Affiliate Changes

Postby pacino » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:49 am

aaron fultz moves up from clearwater to be pc.


does he have TOC as well
thephan wrote:pacino's posting is one of the more important things revealed in weeks.
User avatar
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP
 
Posts: 74149
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:37 pm
Location: Outside Fultz's Gym Looking For Clues

Re: 2018-19 Minor League Offseason/Affiliate Changes

Postby 1 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:56 am

1 wrote:The R-Phils will be the R-Phils again on Thursdays this season

Every recent press release has included an R-Phils logo. This is weird.
Fine. You wanna act like you're two? I'll act like I'm one.
User avatar
1
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP
 
Posts: 49632
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:55 pm
Location: (sending check)

Re: 2018-19 Minor League Offseason/Affiliate Changes

Postby Monkeyboy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:51 am

ReadingPhilly wrote:looks like all the staffs are set.

lehigh - gary jones returns as manager. greg legg moves up from reading to be bench coach. steve schrenk moves up from reading to be pc. darryl robinson (houston aaa hc) is the hc.

reading - shawn williams moves up from clearwater to be manager. aaron fultz moves up from clearwater to be pc. kevin riggs returns as hc. nelson prada who was in the org will be a coach.

clearwater - marty molloy moves up from lakewood to be manager. brad bergesen returns as pc. tyler henson moves up from lakewood to be hc. ruben gotay is back as coach.

lakewood - mike micucci (mariners coordinator of instruction) will be manager. matt hockenberry moves up from gcl to be pc. christian marrero will be hc.

williamsport - pat borders is back as manager. hector berrios returns as pc. joel mckeithan (driveline) will be hc.

gcl east will be roly de armas again and gcl west will be milver reyes.

juan castro! joins the org as a minor-league infield coordinator.


we had kind of a bad year last year in terms of prospect progress. Is it weird that many or most of these players will have the same manager as they move up? I would think a different voice might be good for them even if it's just a mental thing.
Agnostic dyslexic insomniacs lay awake all night wondering if there is a Dog.
User avatar
Monkeyboy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 24587
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:01 pm
Location: Music City

Re: 2018-19 Minor League Offseason/Affiliate Changes

Postby my cousin mose » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:17 am

roly de armas sounds like a deodorant/ antiperspirant
You merely adopted your mothers basement, I was born there - MoBettle
User avatar
my cousin mose
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 10862
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:42 pm
Location: I don't care where, just far away

Re: 2018-19 Minor League Offseason/Affiliate Changes

Postby ReadingPhilly » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:28 am

Monkeyboy wrote:
ReadingPhilly wrote:looks like all the staffs are set.

lehigh - gary jones returns as manager. greg legg moves up from reading to be bench coach. steve schrenk moves up from reading to be pc. darryl robinson (houston aaa hc) is the hc.

reading - shawn williams moves up from clearwater to be manager. aaron fultz moves up from clearwater to be pc. kevin riggs returns as hc. nelson prada who was in the org will be a coach.

clearwater - marty molloy moves up from lakewood to be manager. brad bergesen returns as pc. tyler henson moves up from lakewood to be hc. ruben gotay is back as coach.

lakewood - mike micucci (mariners coordinator of instruction) will be manager. matt hockenberry moves up from gcl to be pc. christian marrero will be hc.

williamsport - pat borders is back as manager. hector berrios returns as pc. joel mckeithan (driveline) will be hc.

gcl east will be roly de armas again and gcl west will be milver reyes.

juan castro! joins the org as a minor-league infield coordinator.


we had kind of a bad year last year in terms of prospect progress. Is it weird that many or most of these players will have the same manager as they move up? I would think a different voice might be good for them even if it's just a mental thing.


I’d think the organizational changes would have more impact on that than playing for the same manager.
User avatar
ReadingPhilly
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 54476
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:32 pm

Re: 2018-19 Minor League Offseason/Affiliate Changes

Postby Phred » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:02 pm

juan castro! joins the org as a minor-league infield coordinator.


How can he do this and run for the democratic presidential nomination at the same time?!?!
Phred
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 4183
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:41 pm

Re: 2018-19 Minor League Offseason/Affiliate Changes

Postby smitty » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:03 pm

What the hell does an infield coordinator do?
Teams lie, sometimes for good reasons, sometimes for bad. They do it to get an advantage while they look at the trade market or just because they can

--Will Carroll
User avatar
smitty
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 44366
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:00 am
Location: Federal Way, WA --Spursville

Re: 2018-19 Minor League Offseason/Affiliate Changes

Postby Monkeyboy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:57 pm

He coordinates the infield, of course.
Agnostic dyslexic insomniacs lay awake all night wondering if there is a Dog.
User avatar
Monkeyboy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 24587
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:01 pm
Location: Music City

Re: 2018-19 Minor League Offseason/Affiliate Changes

Postby Wheels Tupay » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:17 pm

Phred wrote:
juan castro! joins the org as a minor-league infield coordinator.


How can he do this and run for the democratic presidential nomination at the same time?!?!


Because everyone likes him
"That’s the Southwest Philly floater, man.
Now imagine that everything you ever imagined... is possible. - Hinkieology
#TeamKap
User avatar
Wheels Tupay
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way
 
Posts: 26067
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:35 pm
Location: Keepin' it Gritty.

Re: 2018-19 Minor League Offseason/Affiliate Changes

Postby phorever » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:16 am

top 100(-sh) prospect rankings from the athletic (sickles) and fangraphs are now out, completing the set of this year's rankings from the most distinguished ('prime') prospect ranking sites. when i put everything together, using my own (complicated and somewhat arbitrary) system for assigning ranks to prospects left off one of the lists and for weighting the rankings from "prime", 'amateur-ish' and 'mostly for fantasy' lists, the phils have 5 prospects in the consensus top 150 (it was 6 before sixto was traded). this implies being in the middle of the pack as a whole system, which agrees with the rankings of systems that have come out so far.
my weighted-average ranks:
26 sixto
78 bohm
96 medina
113 l.garcia
124 s.howard
150ish haseley
haseley might slip out of the top 150 when fangraphs and sickles publish their extended lists. at the moment, it's only the fantasy sites that have him in the top 150 more often than not. his fangraphs "fv" score projects to somewhere in the 145-200 range based on their 2018 rankings.
the only other rankings i expect/hope to add are those of 2080baseball, bleacherreport, and the fangraphs katoh system.
BRING HOME THE GOAT!
phorever
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 3498
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:25 am
Location: the netherlands

Re: 2018-19 Minor League Offseason/Affiliate Changes

Postby Uncle Milty » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:38 am

Nothing about your compilation but I think people are crazy low on Haseley
Drunk and stupid is no way to be remembered but it is an easy way to forget.

But I took them away from all that. Now they work for me.
User avatar
Uncle Milty
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 21224
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:10 pm
Location: Wardrobe by Botany 500

Re: 2018-19 Minor League Offseason/Affiliate Changes

Postby BigEd76 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:49 pm

ol friend Lou Marson is the new manager of the Angels' AAA team at Salt Lake, promoted from AA Mobile
User avatar
BigEd76
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 100946
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:13 pm
Location: 40.155/-74.829

Re: 2018-19 Minor League Offseason/Affiliate Changes

Postby Uncle Milty » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:53 pm

The catcher bias continues
Drunk and stupid is no way to be remembered but it is an easy way to forget.

But I took them away from all that. Now they work for me.
User avatar
Uncle Milty
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 21224
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:10 pm
Location: Wardrobe by Botany 500

Re: 2018-19 Minor League Offseason/Affiliate Changes

Postby kruker » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:31 pm

BigEd76 wrote:ol friend Lou Marson is the new manager of the Angels' AAA team at Salt Lake, promoted from AA Mobile

Good for Lou. Had no idea he was a manager already. Really thought he was going to be a solid player for us.
"Everybody's a critic. This wasn't an aesthetic endeavor."
User avatar
kruker
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 17165
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: Bucks/NYC

Previous

Return to Back She Goes!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: etched Chaos and 11 guests