Sixers Thread IV: Buyouts and Cocaine

Sixers Thread IV: Buyouts and Cocaine

Postby Trent Steele » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:42 pm

I agree with AZ. Keep the Bulls pick. Trade the 1st. Bring me your Rosses
I know what you're asking yourself and the answer is yes. I have a nick name for my penis. Its called the Octagon, but I also nick named my testes - my left one is James Westfall and my right one is Doctor Kenneth Noisewater.
Trent Steele
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Re: Sixers Thread IV: Buyouts and Cocaine

Postby Trent Steele » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:43 pm

Also, invest in more blow for the team
I know what you're asking yourself and the answer is yes. I have a nick name for my penis. Its called the Octagon, but I also nick named my testes - my left one is James Westfall and my right one is Doctor Kenneth Noisewater.
Trent Steele
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Napalm » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:51 pm

there's something special about January Sixers basketball. If it's not the best record, it's close to the best since Embiids debut season
Napalm
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!

Postby Trent Steele » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:00 pm

Memphis taking offfers on Conley and Gasol. Not a fit here. But go get me Green please.
Trent Steele
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby heyeaglefn » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:02 pm

Keep the picks to get guys that help next year. Just hit buyout market again. I'd rather trade Fultz at this point if they've given up on him.
heyeaglefn
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Trent Steele » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:07 pm

1 in 3 chance the 1st ends up being Landry Shamet. 2 in 3 chance it ends up being Furkan or TLC. Play the odds please
Trent Steele
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby heyeaglefn » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:09 pm

I'm not saying keep the pick to use it at the draft I'm saying use it during the draft for next year or for a bigger package than a guy like Ross who is probably marginally better than a guy on the buyout market.
heyeaglefn
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby MoBettle » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:12 pm

Well how much does getting Terrence Ross instead of riding with Brewer or whoever really increase your finals odds?
Two days later I get a text back that says I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat.
MoBettle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby heyeaglefn » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:18 pm

I think buyout market versus Ross are the same odds to be honest.
heyeaglefn
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby MoBettle » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:22 pm

I agree!

Also Memphis is ready to firesale, ffs Boston is getting another sweet pick down the road. http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2582 ... ike-conley

Fultz/Chandler/Patton/Korkmaz for Conley works in the trade checker... I guess you have to do that with the Miami pick if they are willing to deal?
Two days later I get a text back that says I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat.
MoBettle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby MoBettle » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:24 pm

Conley is $32,511,623/$34,504,132 after this year. He has an option for the final year.
MoBettle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Napalm » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:36 pm

i'm good on Conley and he's not gonna be relegated to a bench option either. Would be too much to integrate along with Butler and i'm not moving Ben JJ or Butler. Theoretically, you can slide Simmons to PF and stagger the minutes so Conley/Embiid and Ben/Butler pair off in the rotation, but I like where things are headed right now and I'd like to see Ben ascend. Luckily I think Brand is going to approach this conservatively. Butler was the target, now it's filling in around the edges
Napalm

Postby joe table » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:46 pm

Ross has been awesome this year. Most efficient P&R ball handler in league iirc. Obviously can space floor. We can bank I think on getting a backup big in buyout market but not a player of his scoring ability
joe table
Plays the Game the Right Way

Postby MoBettle » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:57 pm

IDK if Brewer will ever have that sort of impact again but at the very least this should hopefully mark the end of JJ ever having to be in on an end of game possession that we need a stop again. Simmons/Brewer/Butler/Chandler/Embiid.
MoBettle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Gimpy » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:05 pm

Got a special season Brewing here. I’m okay with using the first, but I wonder if the long term plan involves adding guys now that can be here next season or retaining that flexibility for this summer.
Gimpy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby mcare89 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:13 pm

The more and more I think about it I kinda like the Conley idea. It's risky, to be sure, because that's your big free agent signing, but not as risky as one would think given that free agency is also pretty risky. It's not like the Sixers have an incredible track record of luring free agents, that was the entire impetus for the Butler trade. Conley isn't the optimal fit, but nobody is given the structure of a team around Simmons. Conley's pretty close though. A good shooter off the catch, a good guard defender, someone who can create his own shot off the dribble, aren't these all the things we've been clamoring for in that spot?

Simmons-Conley-Redick-Butler-Embiid would be a ridiculous crunch time five. That team competes for the Eastern title this year.
mcare89
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby joe table » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:41 pm

Can’t get there on Conley
joe table

Postby JFLNYC » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:54 pm

joe table wrote:Ross has been awesome this year. Most efficient P&R ball handler in league iirc. Obviously can space floor. We can bank I think on getting a backup big in buyout market but not a player of his scoring ability

Maybe he can teach BB the P&R.
Jamie

"A man who tells lies . . . merely hides the truth. But a man who tells half-lies has forgotten where he put it."
JFLNYC
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Trent Steele » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:30 pm

I'm not sure about Conley, but if you do it, you should trade Fultz. There's no need for Fultz here with two more years of Conley.
Trent Steele
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby mcare89 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:30 pm

Trent Steele wrote:I'm not sure about Conley, but if you do it, you should trade Fultz. There's no need for Fultz here with two more years of Conley.

You'd pretty much have to in order for salary to match.
mcare89
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Next

Return to Back She Goes!