6%
6. Someone else
65%

Total votes : 17

Re: Phils manager

Postby Brantt » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:17 pm

pacino wrote:
Brantt wrote:
azrider wrote:this kapler situation is gaining a little steam out here in az. the police are reopening this as well as some other government agencies. sounds like gabe was the point man on this and he "encouraged" the victim not to pursue any legal measures. don't discount the implications this could have on his career.

Someone better counsel him to fight for himself and under no circumstances apologize for anything or his career will be over.

It's all about how he handles it at this point.

What if he actually did something wrong? The reporting is not good and he doesn't appear to deny anything.

If there is proof he did something criminally wrong then he should be fired. I have seen nothing close to that.
"I don't think we're too far apart, Tom Brady and myself." - Matt McGloin
Brantt
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor

Postby pacino » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:18 pm

Brantt wrote:
pacino wrote:
Brantt wrote:
azrider wrote:this kapler situation is gaining a little steam out here in az. the police are reopening this as well as some other government agencies. sounds like gabe was the point man on this and he "encouraged" the victim not to pursue any legal measures. don't discount the implications this could have on his career.

Someone better counsel him to fight for himself and under no circumstances apologize for anything or his career will be over.

What if he actually did something wrong? The reporting is not good and he doesn't appear to deny anything.

If there is proof he did something criminally wrong then he should be fired. I have seen nothing close to that.

This is not at all what you stated or implied

And someone can certainly be fired for something not technically illegal
thephan wrote:pacino's posting is one of the more important things revealed in weeks.
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP

Postby Brantt » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:30 pm

pacino wrote:
Brantt wrote:
pacino wrote:
Brantt wrote:

This is not at all what you stated or implied

And someone can certainly be fired for something not technically illegal

LMAO.

Whatever dude. I stated my position clearly. I don't think he did #$!&@ and now they are going to try to railroad him just like so many others in today's society. If it turns out he did something illegal, fire him. If he didn't do anything illegal, move on.
"I don't think we're too far apart, Tom Brady and myself." - Matt McGloin
Brantt
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor

Postby BatFlipsFTW » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:51 pm

Could the higher ups at the Dodgers possibly behind trying to sweep it under the rug and using Kap as the fall guy?
"I've always thought that the six months during the baseball season there was something in the day that wasn't there the other six months in winter. It was not that you had to listen to the game, but that you could, if you needed it."
BatFlipsFTW
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby azrider » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:51 pm

the victim was a minor, the victim was under the supervision of child protective services and IF a conspiracy took place to not report a crime against the minor in a timely fashion to local authorities, he's probably in some trouble.

arizona statute 13-3620

Any person who reasonably believes that a minor is or has been the victim of physical injury, abuse, child abuse, a reportable offense or neglect that appears to have been inflicted on the minor by other than accidental means or that is not explained by the available medical history as being accidental in nature or who reasonably believes there has been a denial or deprivation of necessary medical treatment or surgical care or nourishment with the intent to cause or allow the death of an infant who is protected under section 36-2281 shall immediately report or cause reports to be made of this information to a peace officer, to the department of child safety or to a tribal law enforcement or social services agency for any Indian minor who resides on an Indian reservation, except if the report concerns a person who does not have care, custody or control of the minor, the report shall be made to a peace officer only.

if the victim was not under the supervision of child protective services, this probably goes away, but they have been under quite a bit of scrutiny out here for the lack of care for children under their supervision. they are going to do a full investigation to basically clear themselves of any wrongdoing.
azrider
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor

Postby azrider » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:56 pm

BatFlipsFTW wrote:Could the higher ups at the Dodgers possibly behind trying to sweep it under the rug and using Kap as the fall guy?

if it is documented and acknowledged that he had received the proper training by the dodgers organization how to handle a situation as such, in accordance to the statutes of the state of arizona and he failed to abide by the proper legal procedures, the answer is yes. i doubt that is the case though.
azrider
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor

Postby Slowhand » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:33 pm

Seems like quite a bit was done through email between Kapler and the grandmother, which have been turned over to the police when the investigation began. The grandmother should also have copies. If he knew about a sexual assault at the time then I would guess they’d be mentioned in those emails along with the other details. I doubt the grandmother would fail to put that in there if she knew about it. If there’s nothing in those emails about it, it would go a long way in corroborating Kapler’s side of the story saying he was not made aware of any sexual assault. Hopefully he also has a paper trail of some sort in reporting it internally.
How dare you interrupt my Lime Rickey!
Slowhand
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby lethal » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:33 pm

Which of these guys was cut in April and played one more season in the minors before retiring? I only found 1 that matched that description.

https://www.truebluela.com/2015/3/17/82 ... ing-roster
lethal
BSG MVP / ninja
BSG MVP / ninja

Postby my cousin mose » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:31 pm

What in the actual #$!&@ re: this thread title and its misleading ass opening statement
You merely adopted your mothers basement, I was born there - MoBettle
my cousin mose
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby joboggi » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:41 pm

I like to leave things for people to find. If you looked, you would find this.
joboggi
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby my cousin mose » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:50 pm

Reading the tea leaves here, my sources tell me this paves the way for the Phillies to acquire Trout, Kevin Bass and Tim Salmon
my cousin mose
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Bucky » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:52 pm

you did that on porpoise
Bucky
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby my cousin mose » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:53 pm

Had a whale of a time doing it too!
my cousin mose
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Slowhand » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:55 pm

Holy mackerel, you guys are angling for the worst jokes.
How dare you interrupt my Lime Rickey!
Slowhand
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby my cousin mose » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:00 pm

walleye oughta...
my cousin mose
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Bucky » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:01 pm

abalone, you're just being shellfish
Bucky
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Uncle Milty » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:01 pm

Yeah! Clam up crab.
Drunk and stupid is no way to be remembered but it is an easy way to forget.

But I took them away from all that. Now they work for me.
Uncle Milty
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Bucky » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:01 pm

Bucky
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby swishnicholson » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:03 pm

Bucky wrote:you did that on porpoise

Maybe just for the halibut.
Which part? And who are you?
swishnicholson
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby my cousin mose » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:13 pm

Thats one of the two best jokes I've heard. Cant remember the otter one though :/
my cousin mose
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

PreviousNext

Return to Back She Goes!