My bizarre Roy Halladay obsession

Postby ek » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:22 pm

haha that was humerous
User avatar
ek
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way
 
Posts: 32929
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:30 pm
Location: Climbing Franklin's Tower

Postby CFP » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:23 pm

Grotewold wrote:
mozartpc27 wrote:I've pretty much thought this was a done deal since I read that quote from Salisbury yesterday about how the Phillies/Amaro are deadly serious and that when the time comes for Toronto to want to talk turkey they should call the Phillies. I know this is getting done.


Only problem there is Salisbury is about as plugged in as a hairbrush


Inky Profile:
Jim Salisbury grew up in New England, hoping to be the next Bobby Orr or Carl Yastrzemski. He became neither. So now he writes about sports, particularly baseball. He graduated from Providence College in 1987, the year the Friars went to the Final Four. "I didn't come to see you, I came to see Billy Donovan," Salisbury's brother told him on graduation day. He's been at the Inquirer since late 1996 and likes to grow tomatoes and butternut squash in his free time.
User avatar
CFP
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 24302
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:01 pm
Location: ZiPS in your FIP

Postby VFB » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:24 pm

BigEd76 wrote:
21McBride wrote:who the hell is she anyway?


Yankee fan

Rebecca Glass is a graduate student at Stanford University
User avatar
VFB
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 16541
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:27 pm
Location: SAFE AND SECURE AT SECOND BASE

Postby 1 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:24 pm

one thing's for sure. as soon as Roy gets is a phillies, he needs to record an ID for mlb home plate to replace ruben and his "cirrus" one.
Fine. You wanna act like you're two? I'll act like I'm one.
User avatar
1
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP
 
Posts: 48924
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:55 pm
Location: (sending check)

Postby Wolfgang622 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:24 pm

CFP wrote:
Grotewold wrote:
mozartpc27 wrote:I've pretty much thought this was a done deal since I read that quote from Salisbury yesterday about how the Phillies/Amaro are deadly serious and that when the time comes for Toronto to want to talk turkey they should call the Phillies. I know this is getting done.


Only problem there is Salisbury is about as plugged in as a hairbrush


Inky Profile:
Jim Salisbury grew up in New England, hoping to be the next Bobby Orr or Carl Yastrzemski. He became neither. So now he writes about sports, particularly baseball. He graduated from Providence College in 1987, the year the Friars went to the Final Four. "I didn't come to see you, I came to see Billy Donovan," Salisbury's brother told him on graduation day. He's been at the Inquirer since late 1996 and likes to grow tomatoes and butternut squash in his free time.


Just because the man is terribly, terribly lame doesn't mean he can't hear some things. Don't destroy my happy place: I love it here.
"I'm in a bar with the games sound turned off and that Cespedes home run still sounded like inevitability."

-swish
User avatar
Wolfgang622
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way
 
Posts: 25274
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:11 pm
Location: Baseball Heaven

Postby Wolfgang622 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:25 pm

VFB wrote:
BigEd76 wrote:
21McBride wrote:who the hell is she anyway?


Yankee fan

Rebecca Glass is a graduate student at Stanford University


She must know RUBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I'm in a bar with the games sound turned off and that Cespedes home run still sounded like inevitability."

-swish
User avatar
Wolfgang622
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way
 
Posts: 25274
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:11 pm
Location: Baseball Heaven

Postby Bob Loblaw » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:27 pm

I find it odd that not one rumor has leaked as to who the Phils are offering to Toronto.

...or for that matter, who ANYONE is offering to Toronto.
Last edited by Bob Loblaw on Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We're gonna win!" - Jimmy Dugan
User avatar
Bob Loblaw
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor
 
Posts: 5909
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:14 am
Location: Tampa, Florida

Postby FTN » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:27 pm

CFP wrote:Posey+Bumgarner+Alderson+Villalona for Roy. Pants back on.


No way

Why would the Giants do that? Preventing runs isnt the issue
User avatar
FTN
list sheriff
 
Posts: 47429
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:42 pm
Location: BE PEACE

Postby JFLNYC » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:27 pm

Bob Loblaw wrote:I find it odd that not one rumor has leaked as to who the Phils are offering to Toronto.


They don't want to have to deal prematurely with the fallout from you.
Jamie
User avatar
JFLNYC
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 28183
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:16 pm
Location: Location, Location!

Postby The Dude » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:27 pm

Bob Loblaw wrote:I find it odd that not one rumor has leaked as to who the Phils are offering to Toronto.

...or for that matter, who ANYONE is offering to Toronto.


b/c it's been debunked
BSG HOF '25
User avatar
The Dude
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 27134
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:04 pm
Location: 250 52nd st

Postby CFP » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:27 pm

Only kidding. I know the Giants wouldn't do that.
User avatar
CFP
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 24302
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:01 pm
Location: ZiPS in your FIP

Postby ek » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:28 pm

seth everett just said that the angels could pick up wells contract
User avatar
ek
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way
 
Posts: 32929
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:30 pm
Location: Climbing Franklin's Tower

Postby FTN » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:28 pm

we've got this
User avatar
FTN
list sheriff
 
Posts: 47429
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:42 pm
Location: BE PEACE

Postby Wolfgang622 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:28 pm

Man, this sucks. Roy Halladay needs to be a Phillies.
"I'm in a bar with the games sound turned off and that Cespedes home run still sounded like inevitability."

-swish
User avatar
Wolfgang622
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way
 
Posts: 25274
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:11 pm
Location: Baseball Heaven

Postby BigEd76 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:29 pm

Why are the Giants even involved? Their top 4 (assuming Johnson is healthy) is good enough to win a title already....
User avatar
BigEd76
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 96399
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:13 pm
Location: 40.155/-74.829

Postby Wolfgang622 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:29 pm

ek wrote:seth everett just said that the angels could pick up wells contract


I've always hated the Angels.
"I'm in a bar with the games sound turned off and that Cespedes home run still sounded like inevitability."

-swish
User avatar
Wolfgang622
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way
 
Posts: 25274
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:11 pm
Location: Baseball Heaven

Postby BigEd76 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:29 pm

50 pager!
User avatar
BigEd76
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 96399
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:13 pm
Location: 40.155/-74.829

Postby stevelxa476 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:30 pm

mozartpc27 wrote:
ek wrote:seth everett just said that the angels could pick up wells contract


I've always hated the Angels.


How many outfielders do they need?
Yes son. I'm the best mono-thingy guy there ever was.
User avatar
stevelxa476
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor
 
Posts: 6818
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:32 am
Location: The Legit Republic of Blanketsburg

Postby FTN » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:30 pm

mozartpc27 wrote:
ek wrote:seth everett just said that the angels could pick up wells contract


I've always hated the Angels.


I dont think there is ANY way they take that contract, even if they have the money. Its in the Zito class of bad contracts. I mean, really bad.
User avatar
FTN
list sheriff
 
Posts: 47429
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:42 pm
Location: BE PEACE

Postby 1 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:30 pm

but halladay can't possibly bunt. scoscisciacia won't play him.
Fine. You wanna act like you're two? I'll act like I'm one.
User avatar
1
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP
 
Posts: 48924
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:55 pm
Location: (sending check)

PreviousNext

Return to All things Halladay

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest