Monty kills the Halladay hard on

Postby dajafi » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:16 pm

Warszawa wrote:I hope Ricciardi has fun explaining to Jays fans why, in the end, they only ended up getting 2 draft picks for Halladay

I have to admit there's a part of me that would looooove to see this. But there are two problems: one, he'd be gone by the time it happened, so it would be the new GM waving buh-bye as Halladay signs with the Cardinals/Red Sox/whoever; and two, the odds are much, much better that he'd go in some Santana-like deal, where the trading team gets bent over, rather than yield "only" the picks. In which case the fear is that he'd go to the Mets or some other direct competitor.

So let's just trade for him, huh?
dajafi
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP

Postby Wolfgang622 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:18 pm

Woody wrote:1. Choose the rotation you'd rather have in a playoff series:

A) Halladay, Hamels, Blanton, Happ
B) Hamels, Blanton, Happ, Moyer
C) It doesn't matter, just get any four pitchers because they're all just a crapshoot not likely to make a difference
D) trout

Ah, succinctly put. The answer is "A." Any other answer lands you in a mental institution.
"I'm in a bar with the games sound turned off and that Cespedes home run still sounded like inevitability."

-swish
Wolfgang622
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way

Postby WilliamC » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:19 pm

I was thinking about looking into a Blue Jays message board to see what they or he was saying but I guess that doesn't really matter.
Do it again!
WilliamC
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Woody » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:20 pm

WilliamC wrote:I was thinking about looking into a Blue Jays message board to see what they or he was saying but I guess that doesn't really matter.

they have a BSG equivalent, www.lookslikeahomer,eh?.com
you sure do seem to have a lot of time on your hands to be on this forum? Do you have a job? Are you a shut-in?
Woody
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Trent Steele » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:20 pm

ZO ZONE

But not including Drabek doesn't mean a deal can't be made. It just means the rest of the package changes, which Ken Rosenthal also writes.

No Drabek almost certainly would mean J.A. Happ is included. It also might mean the Phillies have to include Brown or Knapp. Maybe both.

Could the Blue Jays walk away from an offer of Happ, Knapp, Brown or Michael Taylor and another prospect like Jason Donald? That is a pretty serious package. Brown and Taylor are two of the top 25 prospects in baseball according to Baseball America. Knapp is in the top 50. Happ is a National League Rookie of the Year candidate.

And if the Blue Jays can't trade Halladay before the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline, they will have to trade him in the off-season or next season before the trade deadline. And the longer they wait, the less in return they receive because the team trading for him will have him for less time.

No Drabek, no Halladay?

It's possible, but I believe if the Phillies insist on keeping Drabek, they still have enough talent to make a deal happen. They just might have to give up more talent overall than if Drabek had been included.

And do I make this trade with the Phillies running away with the NL East? Absolutely. Sure, the Phillies can win the NL East without Halladay. But can they win the World Series? That's the question people should be asking.

I know what you're asking yourself and the answer is yes. I have a nick name for my penis. Its called the Octagon, but I also nick named my testes - my left one is James Westfall and my right one is Doctor Kenneth Noisewater.
Trent Steele
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby phatj » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:21 pm

Holy #$!&@ @ this thread. Go away for a weekend and look what happens.
they were a chick hanging out with her friends at a bar, the Phillies would be the 320 lb chick with a nose wart and a dick - Trent Steele
phatj

Postby Trent Steele » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:21 pm

Happ, Knapp, Marson, Donald and I'm jizzing in yo face
I know what you're asking yourself and the answer is yes. I have a nick name for my penis. Its called the Octagon, but I also nick named my testes - my left one is James Westfall and my right one is Doctor Kenneth Noisewater.
Trent Steele
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Monkeyboy » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:21 pm

I would love to get Halladay, in case you all missed it the first 5 times I said it.

I just don't want to give up 2 of our big 3 or weaken the big club by losing Happ.

The pressure is all on Toronto. J.P is feeling the heat and I think he needs to make a move this year. The fact that he set the deadline at July 28th tells me he doesn't want to have to accept a last minute crappy deal. He wouldn't be worried about it if he was sitting in a position of strength. He's backed into a corner and he may have even been mandated to make a move by the owners.

The Abreu deal comes to mind: One real suitor and a team that has to make a move.
Agnostic dyslexic insomniacs lay awake all night wondering if there is a Dog.
Monkeyboy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby jerseyhoya » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:23 pm

phatj wrote:Holy $#@! @ this thread. Go away for a weekend and look what happens.

Haha, this is the third.
jerseyhoya
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Monkeyboy » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:24 pm

C) It doesn't matter, just get any four pitchers because they're all just a crapshoot not likely to make a difference
D) trout

I know you think you're being funny with choice "C", as if that's my position. I guess I could take your position and amplify it to the point of absurdity to make my point, if I was so inclined.

I would prefer "A," as would anyone with a brain. I just might not be willing to pay the price for it.
Agnostic dyslexic insomniacs lay awake all night wondering if there is a Dog.
Monkeyboy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby jerseyhoya » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:25 pm

WilliamC wrote:I was thinking about looking into a Blue Jays message board to see what they or he was saying but I guess that doesn't really matter.

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=ml-bluejays&tid=61405

joboogz beat you to the punch
jerseyhoya
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Phan In Phlorida » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:25 pm

D) trout

Halladay, Pedro, Hamels, Pedro
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Phan In Phlorida
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Woody » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:25 pm

But you don't even know what the price is yet. All you have is kenrosenthisms and heman tweets
you sure do seem to have a lot of time on your hands to be on this forum? Do you have a job? Are you a shut-in?
Woody
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby The Dude » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:26 pm

MB, you never answered the second part of my post: if you don't make a move like this now, when do you ever? Just say all these prospects pan out, and they're in a position to make a run. they're probably going to need some kind of pitcher. So what will you do then?
BSG HOF '25
The Dude
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Trent Steele » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:26 pm

Heyman will be on WFAN at 4:05 to talk Halladay
Trent Steele
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby jamiethekiller » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:27 pm

jerseyhoya wrote:

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx.tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=ml-bluejays&tid=61405

gold jerry, gold
jamiethekiller
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby WilliamC » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:27 pm

jerseyhoya wrote:

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx.tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=ml-bluejays&tid=61405

OH MY GOD
Do it again!
WilliamC
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Eem » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:27 pm

Is it odd that we have known about Kendrick's scratch for a couple hours but don't know the reasoning yet?
Bed and bath i love this places
Eem
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Philly the Kid » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:28 pm

This is Doc Halladay folks...

Make the deal Rooooben. There is a really good chance they could be in and win the WS again this year. I think that's enough reason right there. I know there is long term competitiveness, costs... blah blah... but Drabek could get hurt or not pan out, Brown could tease and never become an AS. It doesn't really matter. I can't think about the 2012 Phillies, when the 09 and 10 are likely WS contenders and viable favorites with Doc Halladay spear-heading a very VERY iffffy starting rotation. Doc Halladay is what we hoped Myers would grow in to. He's the kind of guy we haven't had since Schilling or Carlton even... what are we doing playing both sides.

I don't care who's penis is larger with this GM posturing.

Make the deal, because once its made. We focus on winning. And we focus on WS. Not on some prospect who might or might not become a topo 5 in MLB pitcher or an outfielder that might be who? Bonds? Griffey? Sheffield? Are Brown and Taylor , the next Bonds and Winfield? Really? And guess what -- I don't care...

Bonds won ZERO WS.

We have a configuration that hits a lot of homeruns and scores a lot of runs. Can really put the offensive heat on... where we've been shakey for years -- going back to Rolen/Burrell and Abreu/Thome -- is starting pitching. We don't even know what Hamels is right now or the rest of the year or next year?

This really is a no-brainer. Opportunity to get a proven stud with no major injury question for 2 pennant runs. Just get it done!
Philly the Kid
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Phan In Phlorida » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:28 pm

milton bernard thompson wrote:somebody doesn't know what small sample size means

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Phan In Phlorida
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

PreviousNext

Return to All things Halladay