09/10 GDT Heavy B and the Blowouts

Postby drsmooth » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:20 pm

nats had better be all fired up to kick marlin tailfins this weekend
Yes, but in a double utley you can put your utley on top they other guy's utley, and you're the winner. (Swish)
drsmooth
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Bakestar » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:21 pm

Buschwackers03 wrote:Way To Hit in The Clutch! Shoulda Pinch Hit For Howard

what
Foreskin stupid
Bakestar
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby jerseyhoya » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:25 pm

PTOITWCFTPP wrote:
swishnicholson wrote:
drsmooth wrote:
PTOITWCFTPP wrote:There were "Lets Go Phillies" chants after that Atlanta game last season, before WS Game 4. I'm assuming you had a major problem with that, right? It's the same thing......

what he means to say is that football sucks

That's probably it. I've changed my signature so people know where I'm coming from. (American football, mind you.

Okay, that's fine, but as an Eagles-Phillies-Flyers-76ers fan, i don't mind when these chants break out at games.

I dislike the chant on one level just because I hate the freaking Eagles. On another level the chant is retarded because Philadelphia's football team hasn't won a championship in half a century and Washington's football team has won several in that time span. Meanwhile our baseball team is really good and theirs sucks. Why change the subject?
jerseyhoya
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby ek » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:28 pm

Ace Rothstein wrote:
ek wrote:
philliesphhan wrote:
ek wrote:think chase should have gone to 2B on the passed ball

I thought the passed ball was during Utley's AB

it was the 2nd pitch in the howard ab

i thought that was the 1st pitch, i thought the 2nd pitch was the ball inside called a strike

yeah correct
ek
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way

Postby Bakestar » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:33 pm

EAGLES chant at anything but an Eagles game should be grounds for euthanasia. Put the Death Panels to good use.
Foreskin stupid
Bakestar
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Trent Steele » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:43 pm

Wow. I was watching the football game and completely missed this. I wish I missed reading this too.
I know what you're asking yourself and the answer is yes. I have a nick name for my penis. Its called the Octagon, but I also nick named my testes - my left one is James Westfall and my right one is Doctor Kenneth Noisewater.
Trent Steele
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby phatj » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:50 pm

PTOITWCFTPP wrote:
swishnicholson wrote:I can't imagine that Eagles fans would feel any different about "Let's Go Phillies" chants during a football game-again, unless the Phillies had actually done something worth celebrating.

There were "Lets Go Phillies" chants after that Atlanta game last season, before WS Game 4. I'm assuming you had a major problem with that, right? It's the same thing......

You don't see the difference between EAGLES chants during a Phillies game, when the Eagles season hasn't even begun, and Phillies chants during an Eagles game a few hours before the Phillies are going to play in the WORLD FREAKING SERIES?
they were a chick hanging out with her friends at a bar, the Phillies would be the 320 lb chick with a nose wart and a dick - Trent Steele
phatj

Postby BigEd76 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:02 pm

Houston got it back to 9-7, heading to the bottom of the 9th. Space cadet is in for the save...
BigEd76
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!

Postby BigEd76 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:12 pm

Lee up as the tying run w/ 1 out.........walked him

Tejada up as the winning run.....DP, Braves win
BigEd76

Postby FTN » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:18 pm

Trent Steele wrote:Wow. I was watching the football game and completely missed this. I wish I missed reading this too.

:lol:

i turned it off when it went 5-2. we were watching the game, i turned to the mlb scoreboard and saw they lost 8-7. gf's exact words "i bet you're glad you didnt see it end like that"...id have been in full meltdown mode watching howard ground into a dp.
FTN
list sheriff

Postby Phan In Phlorida » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:46 am

PTOITWCFTPP wrote:
philliesphhan wrote:EAGLES chants? Really? Just go home.

Why does that bother people?

IIRC, the Eagles chants at Phillies games started a few years before the Phils started winning and contending. A backhanded way of telling the Phillies that they suck. Disappointed in how the Phils are playing, disrespect them by chanting "let's go Eagles". It's the calling card of fair weather fans that is disrespectful to the team and to the "real" Phillies fans.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Phan In Phlorida
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby steven snell » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:22 am

After the game it appeared the Phils dugout was smiling at the almost huge comeback. Jimmah was smiling at least. Then I saw charles seem to turn around and say something. It must have been 'We lost the game boys, stop laffin'
steven snell
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby ReadingPhilly » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:23 am

steven snell wrote:After the game it appeared the Phils dugout was smiling at the almost huge comeback. Jimmah was smiling at least. Then I saw charles seem to turn around and say something. It must have been 'We lost the game boys, stop laffin'

chuck was yucking it up in the 9th inning at houston on monday. #$!&@ him.
ReadingPhilly

Postby The Marty Show » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:26 am

Phan In Phlorida wrote:
PTOITWCFTPP wrote:
philliesphhan wrote:EAGLES chants? Really? Just go home.

Why does that bother people?

IIRC, the Eagles chants at Phillies games started a few years before the Phils started winning and contending. A backhanded way of telling the Phillies that they suck. Disappointed in how the Phils are playing, disrespect them by chanting "let's go Eagles". It's the calling card of fair weather fans that is disrespectful to the team and to the "real" Phillies fans.

I should have told that to my son instead of "They're too drunk and stupid to know where they are."
Charlie: "I tell our guys, 'champions can play anywhere."
Sun's up, lights out!
The Marty Show
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby 1 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:07 am

no, it's a sign of city unity. duh.

read that.

read it again.

some people actually think that's why they do it.
Fine. You wanna act like you're two? I'll act like I'm one.
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP

Postby Bakestar » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:15 am

Unifying behind the only major sports franchise in the city not to win a championship in the last half century.
Foreskin stupid
Bakestar
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby 1 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:22 am

Bakestar wrote:Unifying behind the only major sports franchise in the city not to win a championship in the last half century.

or being loud drunk guy that gives the fanbase a bad name?

like i said, mac/ pc
Fine. You wanna act like you're two? I'll act like I'm one.
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP

Postby ReadingPhilly » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:30 am

the phils fans were doing it after the last saturday night game at citi field. it just doesn't make any sense. we are defending champons who are destroying the mets, so we'll chant about our football team in a city that won the super bowl in the last 2 years!!!!
ReadingPhilly

Postby BigEd76 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:33 am

Charlie's still angry and says the team is playing down to their competition...

"I can go tell them and all of that, but I don't know how much good it would do," Manuel said. "But at the same time, they know exactly what it takes. They kind of know how they are playing. Our offense, tonight, we came alive at the end . . . but we haven't hit for a couple weeks.

"We've got to play better. We've got to outplay people and we still have to win the games. We've got to win games. Nobody is going to give us nothing. It sits right there for us. Like I've said before, we've got the best team in this division and we've got a lead, but we've got to win. You can say anything you want to, but we've still got to win. You've got to play hard. Nobody is going to give us nothing. Every team in this division plays us hard. They won't make trades with us or nothing, they play us hard, they want to beat us. I think our players see that."
BigEd76

Postby LastTrain » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:01 am

Charlie wrote:Nobody is going to give us nothing. Every team in this division plays us hard. They won't make trades with us or nothing, they play us hard, they want to beat us. I think our players see that."

Wonder who they recently tried to get, if that's what he means. Willingham for the bench might have made plenty of sense from both sides.
LastTrain
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Previous

Return to 2009 Game Threads