o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o 9/18

Postby TenuredVulture » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:59 am

I know I'm in a small minority here, but for me, beating the Braves is about 2 times more fun that beating the Mets.
Be Bold!
TenuredVulture
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!

Postby Doll Is Mine » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:01 pm

TenuredVulture wrote:I know I'm in a small minority here, but for me, beating the Braves is about 2 times more fun that beating the Mets.

This season, it certainly is.
Doll Is Mine
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way

Postby TenuredVulture » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:07 pm

Doll Is Mine wrote:
TenuredVulture wrote:I know I'm in a small minority here, but for me, beating the Braves is about 2 times more fun that beating the Mets.

This season, it certainly is.

All things being equal, I still get more joy from beating the Braves than any other team, though the wins over the Mets in September in 2008 and 2007 were of course especially sweet. But that had at least as much to do with the fact that we were overtaking a team ahead of in the standings as the fact that it was the Mets.
Be Bold!
TenuredVulture

Postby dajafi » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:17 pm

TenuredVulture wrote:I know I'm in a small minority here, but for me, beating the Braves is about 12 times more fun that beating the Mets.

FYP
dajafi
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP

Postby Bakestar » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:34 pm

Last series, over on TGP, a Braves fan tried to justify that the Tomahawk Chop wasn't offensively racist because Deion Sanders brought it over from Florida State. Somehow, in that person's mind, something can't be "racist" if it somehow gets the stamp of approval from some minority, even if he's not the same ethnicity as the potential offendee. I was speechless.
Foreskin stupid
Bakestar
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Phan In Phlorida » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:08 pm

Due to locale, I'm guessing there's more Braves fans than Mets fans in Arkansas for you to tease.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Phan In Phlorida
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby TenuredVulture » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:44 pm

Phan In Phlorida wrote:

Due to locale, I'm guessing there's more Braves fans than Mets fans in Arkansas for you to tease.

Traditionally, folks here are Cardinals fans. There are Ranger fans and some Astros fans as well. Braves would come next.

My Braves hatred goes way back before I moved here though.
Be Bold!
TenuredVulture

Previous

Return to 2009 Game Threads