09/29/09: We. Got. This.

Postby Houshphandzadeh » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:15 am

I would love to get revenge on some bitch ass purple rockies
Houshphandzadeh
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby 1 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:54 am

Houshphandzadeh wrote:I would love to get revenge on some bitch ass purple rockies

ROCKtober ™
Fine. You wanna act like you're two? I'll act like I'm one.
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP

Postby Bakestar » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:54 am

bleh wrote:Image

So with runners on, the league is basically Hanley Ramirez against Brad Lidge this season.
Foreskin stupid
Bakestar
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby jerseyhoya » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:05 am

Mountainphan wrote:
jerseyhoya wrote:
swishnicholson wrote:Every likely NL playoff team is 5-5 in its last ten games except the Rockies, who are 6-4.

We'd play the Rockies if the playoffs started today.

They're way hotter than us.

Doomed.

Don't be fooled by the Rockies. They recently lost 2 out of 3 to the Padres at home and really aren't on the kind of roll they were on two years ago. Also, Jason Marquis has turned into Jason Marquis and their top starter (Jimenez) is not pitching well.

Their other big winner, Jorge de la Rosa, is a five-run inning waiting to happen.

To be fair I was being really sarcastic, but whatever, I agree
jerseyhoya
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Grotewold » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:05 am

Also the Rockies haven't beaten a left handed starter since Mel Allen was in short pants
Grotewold
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby td11 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:06 am

bleh wrote:Image

that scalded my eyeballz
td11
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way

Postby drsmooth » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:06 am

Grotewold wrote:Also the Rockies haven't beaten a left handed starter since Mel Allen was in short pants

you could make money with an image of this
Yes, but in a double utley you can put your utley on top they other guy's utley, and you're the winner. (Swish)
drsmooth
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Mountainphan » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:11 am

jerseyhoya wrote:
Mountainphan wrote:
jerseyhoya wrote:
swishnicholson wrote:Every likely NL playoff team is 5-5 in its last ten games except the Rockies, who are 6-4.

Doomed.

Don't be fooled by the Rockies. They recently lost 2 out of 3 to the Padres at home and really aren't on the kind of roll they were on two years ago. Also, Jason Marquis has turned into Jason Marquis and their top starter (Jimenez) is not pitching well.

Their other big winner, Jorge de la Rosa, is a five-run inning waiting to happen.

Gotcha - but just in case you weren't or there are others who are overly concerned with the Rox.
Mountainphan
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby Mountainphan » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:22 am

Grotewold wrote:Also the Rockies haven't beaten a left handed starter since Mel Allen was in short pants

When your big hitters are mostly lefthanded (but not as good as the Phillies lefthanders), this actually isn't too hyperbolic.

-Helton
-Hawpe
-S. Smith
-Stewart
-Fowler (swithc but plays more against righties)
-Gonzalez
-Giambi (as main pinch hitter)

This leaves Spilborghs, Barmes, Tulo, Torreabla/Iannetta and Atkins (pinch hitter) as your main righties, which isn't exactly murderers' row.
Mountainphan
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby dajafi » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:26 am

Mountainphan wrote:
jerseyhoya wrote:
Mountainphan wrote:
jerseyhoya wrote:

Doomed.

Gotcha - but just in case you weren't or there are others who are overly concerned with the Rox.

Really? I thought everyone was terrified of the Giants with their starting pitching.

The Rockies were the opponent I wanted all along... which admittedly usually doesn't work out very well. But on the numbers and intangibles both, I like our chances against them.
dajafi
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP

Postby Mountainphan » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:12 pm

dajafi wrote:
Mountainphan wrote:
jerseyhoya wrote:
Mountainphan wrote:
jerseyhoya wrote:

Doomed.

Really? I thought everyone was terrified of the Giants with their starting pitching.

The Rockies were the opponent I wanted all along... which admittedly usually doesn't work out very well. But on the numbers and intangibles both, I like our chances against them.

There will always be one person who finds a reason to fear one of the other playoff teams. That said, I agree that the Giants seemed to be producing more of the fear factor thanks to their starting pitching than most other teams.

I agree that I'd rather face the Rockies than the Giants.
Mountainphan
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby lethal » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:20 pm

I'd rather face any WC team than the Dodgers too. We still have to finish ahead of the Cards.
lethal
BSG MVP / ninja
BSG MVP / ninja

Postby HillMD » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:23 pm

If we face the Rockies, I think Charlie uses Happ instead of Pedro because of his shutout against them earlier this year. I don't like that idea.
HillMD
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor

Postby Mountainphan » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:27 pm

Dodgers may be the least scary team in the NL playoff picture right now.
Mountainphan
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby Bucky » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:31 pm

thank neptune it's not the gnats because lincycum would beat us 3-0 all by hisself just like eddie feigner
Bucky
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby smitty » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:10 pm

I wish the Phillies could play the Giants. They pretty much stink except for some really good pitching. And the Phils' starters aren't really terrible. Starting pitchers often don't go really far in the playoffs (all high stress innings) and the Giants bullpen isn't great -- some pitchers having good years for them -- similar to the Rays bullpen last season.

Although it the Giants could add Eddie Feigner that would be different.
Teams lie, sometimes for good reasons, sometimes for bad. They do it to get an advantage while they look at the trade market or just because they can

--Will Carroll
smitty
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Bakestar » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:13 pm

lethal wrote:I'd rather face any WC team than the Dodgers too. We still have to finish ahead of the Cards.

Phillies are, for all practical purposes, two games ahead of the Cardinals right now (one game in the standings, plus the Phillies own the head-to-head tiebreaker).
Foreskin stupid
Bakestar
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Previous

Return to 2009 Game Threads