09-30-09 GDT: party time

Postby Coste2Coste » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:43 pm

Image
Image
User avatar
Coste2Coste
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 1542
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:02 pm
Location: 10-6opolis

Postby jerseyhoya » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:51 pm

About to be tied with LAD in the loss column

I hope we play a scrub lineup tomorrow, but over the weekend it would be nice to win. I mean definitely give Shane time off, and give everyone else another day or two, but winning still matters.
User avatar
jerseyhoya
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 93252
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:56 pm
Location: Southwest DC

Postby Doll Is Mine » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:57 pm

jerseyhoya wrote:About to be tied with LAD in the loss column

I hope we play a scrub lineup tomorrow, but over the weekend it would be nice to win. I mean definitely give Shane time off, and give everyone else another day or two, but winning still matters.


Judging from tonight's events, I'd say that Werth will be sitting tomorrow night. Utley, IMO, needs a day off as well.
User avatar
Doll Is Mine
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way
 
Posts: 27502
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:40 pm

Postby dajafi » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:59 pm

jerseyhoya wrote:About to be tied with LAD in the loss column

I hope we play a scrub lineup tomorrow, but over the weekend it would be nice to win. I mean definitely give Shane time off, and give everyone else another day or two, but winning still matters.


I'd go full-scrub tomorrow, and work in 2-3 of the regulars probably for each of the Marlins games. Howard and Ibanez seem fine; the others all could use some rest, and more ABs will be good for Francisco, Dobbs and Stairs.

Maybe the more interesting question is on the pitching side. You want to win these games I agree, but I probably wouldn't let Lee go more than six innings tomorrow unless his pitch count is super-low. Same with Cupcakes, Hamels and Happ--with Happ, given his innings bump this year and how hard he worked Tuesday night, I'd probably have the pitch count around 60.

Then there's the bullpen. Hopefully we can get a sense of how ready and effective Myers, Park and Romero are; figuring that out to me is worth the risk of losing one or two of the remaining games.

(I also think the Cardinals might bounce LA in the first round anyway, in which case we'd likely have home-field if we get past Colorado.)
User avatar
dajafi
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP
 
Posts: 24567
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:03 pm
Location: Brooklyn

Postby jerseyhoya » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:02 am

Yeah the pitching decisions will definitely be interesting. Is there anyone on the 40 man that could come up for a cameo and eat a couple of innings?
User avatar
jerseyhoya
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 93252
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:56 pm
Location: Southwest DC

Postby Bucky » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:03 am

I think I'd sit Chase until Sunday.
User avatar
Bucky
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 50393
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:24 pm
Location: You_Still_Have_To_Visit_Us

Postby Doll Is Mine » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:04 am

jerseyhoya wrote:Yeah the pitching decisions will definitely be interesting. Is there anyone on the 40 man that could come up for a cameo and eat a couple of innings?


Drew Carpenter
User avatar
Doll Is Mine
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way
 
Posts: 27502
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:40 pm

Postby Bucky » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:08 am

this is too timely to go in random thoughts.

EMS has just been dispatched to somewhere in towamencin for an 89 year old guy who just fell from a ladder on the 2nd floor while cleaning his gutters.

Yeah, right now.
User avatar
Bucky
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 50393
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:24 pm
Location: You_Still_Have_To_Visit_Us

Postby Ace Rothstein » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:10 am

Bucky wrote:this is too timely to go in random thoughts.

EMS has just been dispatched to somewhere in towamencin for an 89 year old guy who just fell from a ladder on the 2nd floor while cleaning his gutters.

Yeah, right now.


waiting for the phillies to clinch , talk about loyalty
User avatar
Ace Rothstein
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 84268
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:06 am
Location: Tangiers Sportsbook

Postby jerseyhoya » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:11 am

Doll Is Mine wrote:
jerseyhoya wrote:Yeah the pitching decisions will definitely be interesting. Is there anyone on the 40 man that could come up for a cameo and eat a couple of innings?


Drew Carpenter


Good call. Is he healthy? He should start one of these games we have left.
User avatar
jerseyhoya
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 93252
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:56 pm
Location: Southwest DC

Postby TheDude24 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:12 am

Image

Yeeeeaaahhh!!
User avatar
TheDude24
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 2786
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:54 am
Location: Media, PA

Postby SK790 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:14 am

jerseyhoya wrote:
Doll Is Mine wrote:
jerseyhoya wrote:Yeah the pitching decisions will definitely be interesting. Is there anyone on the 40 man that could come up for a cameo and eat a couple of innings?


Drew Carpenter


Good call. Is he healthy? He should start one of these games we have left.


Pretty sure he's healthy, he pitched for Lakewood in their playoffs.
jamiethekiller wrote:also, you're being about 10x worse than Cballs ever is in the PSU thread.
User avatar
SK790
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way
 
Posts: 33008
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:12 pm
Location: time is money; money is power; power is pizza; pizza is knowledge

Postby Wizlah » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:28 am

Woke up and read the good news. Fumbling for a tshirt, pulled out my roots 'things fall apart' one. Suitably attired, I descend to smell the coffee and savour victory.
WFO-That face implies the bottle is destined for something nonstandard.
Woddy:to smash in her old face
WFO-You went to a dark place there friend.
---
JT - I've arguably been to a worse wedding. There was a cash bar
User avatar
Wizlah
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 13003
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:50 am
Location: Lost in law, god help me.

Postby 1 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:46 am

Image
Fine. You wanna act like you're two? I'll act like I'm one.
User avatar
1
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP
 
Posts: 49629
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:55 pm
Location: (sending check)

Postby lethal » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:54 am

The lineup tonight has to be something like

Bako, Tracy, Cairo, Bruntlett, Dobbs, Mayberry, Francisco and Stairs.
User avatar
lethal
BSG MVP / ninja
BSG MVP / ninja
 
Posts: 10345
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: zOMGWTFBBQ?

Postby jamiethekiller » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:08 am

lethal wrote:The lineup tonight has to be something like

Bako, Tracy, Cairo, Bruntlett, Dobbs, Mayberry, Francisco and Stairs.


i said the same thing last night to a friend. shouldn't be a starter in the bunch other than cliff lee. and we still win a blowout.
User avatar
jamiethekiller
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 24745
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:31 am

Postby Wolfgang622 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:33 am

jamiethekiller wrote:
lethal wrote:The lineup tonight has to be something like

Bako, Tracy, Cairo, Bruntlett, Dobbs, Mayberry, Francisco and Stairs.


i said the same thing last night to a friend. shouldn't be a starter in the bunch other than cliff lee. and we still win a blowout.


It's their chance to prove themselves and win a mini-division over the next four games by clinching HFA.
"I'm in a bar with the games sound turned off and that Cespedes home run still sounded like inevitability."

-swish
User avatar
Wolfgang622
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way
 
Posts: 26096
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:11 pm
Location: Baseball Heaven

Postby TenuredVulture » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:27 am

mozartpc27 wrote:
jamiethekiller wrote:
lethal wrote:The lineup tonight has to be something like

Bako, Tracy, Cairo, Bruntlett, Dobbs, Mayberry, Francisco and Stairs.


i said the same thing last night to a friend. shouldn't be a starter in the bunch other than cliff lee. and we still win a blowout.


It's their chance to prove themselves and win a mini-division over the next four games by clinching HFA.


And let's not forget the 3rd order wins race.
Be Bold!
User avatar
TenuredVulture
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 50895
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:16 pm
Location: Magnolia, AR

Postby bleh » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:03 am

Charlie said he wasn't going to rest them all at once, so it will probably only be like Utley and Ibanez out or something like that.
User avatar
bleh
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 10203
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:06 pm
Location: South Jersey Likes:1,000,000,000

Postby Barry Jive » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:51 am

I know they don't really do this in baseball, but they should take a nod from college football and take out all the starters (in CFB it's usually the seniors on Senior Day) at once. Maybe on Sunday, play all the starters for a few innings, then let them go out in the field for a pitch in the 4th. Then bring them all out and send out the reserves.
no offense but you are everything that's wrong with America
User avatar
Barry Jive
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way
 
Posts: 37856
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:53 pm
Location: I'm Doug, solamente Doug.

PreviousNext

Return to 2009 Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron