NLDS 2009 Game 1 Thread

Postby drsmooth » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:27 am

Bakestar wrote:Davey Lopes is a cotdamned genius, I'm serious.

Him & Dave McKenna, the only Rhodie genizzes evah (Farrelly Bros? Flashes in the pans)
Yes, but in a double utley you can put your utley on top they other guy's utley, and you're the winner. (Swish)
drsmooth
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby BigEd76 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:30 am

MLB Network showed exactly what Lopes saw. When Ubaldo was in the stretch and came set, the location of his front foot told the runners if he was going to throw over or go home. When the foot was pointing a little towards 1st, he threw over. When it pointed towards home, he went home. You could see a few of the runners (namely Werth) had unbelievable jumps and stopped because they couldn't believe how easy it was to pick up the tip. Lee was already 4 or 5 steps into his steal before Ubaldo had released the ball...
BigEd76
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!

Postby Wolfgang622 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:51 am

BigEd76 wrote:MLB Network showed exactly what Lopes saw. When Ubaldo was in the stretch and came set, the location of his front foot told the runners if he was going to throw over or go home. When the foot was pointing a little towards 1st, he threw over. When it pointed towards home, he went home. You could see a few of the runners (namely Werth) had unbelievable jumps and stopped because they couldn't believe how easy it was to pick up the tip. Lee was already 4 or 5 steps into his steal before Ubaldo had released the ball...

You know what's great about that? If Jimenez gets another start in this series, he's going to be trying to change his mechanics so as not to do that anymore, and the Phillies will light him up either at home plate or on the basepaths (forcing him to throw over starting from a position he is unused to, so that he will throw the ball away).

Remember, I said if.
"I'm in a bar with the games sound turned off and that Cespedes home run still sounded like inevitability."

-swish
Wolfgang622
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way

Postby iamgeorge » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:58 am

Grabbed tickets from StubHub for this game. Met Wheels before the game and got a picture. Have no voice today.

Yeah. October baseball. :h:
iamgeorge
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Previous

Return to 2009 Game Threads