NLDS 2009 Game 2 Thread

Postby Houshphandzadeh » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:27 am

what
Houshphandzadeh
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Grotewold » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:37 am

kruker wrote:Unless Charlie knows that Saturday is getting canceled.

I thought about that too. We don't always know all the information the team does.

I will be thrilled to be proven wrong, but I'm not feeling this Pedro thing at all.

Still, I fully expect our offense to win at least one of these games by itself.
Grotewold
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Wolfgang622 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:02 pm

I just read this whole game thread, because I hate myself I guess. I mean, yesterday's game was sad and disappointing, mostly because the Phillies pretty obviously had a fine pitcher and a better team, but were consistently victimized by the exact wrong thing happening at the exact wrong moment: dribbler in the first inning, bloop #$!&@ single by the pitcher in the fifth inning, a rare GIDP from Werth, Ruiz's GIDP when the rally was ON in the seventh.

Hopefully that was all our bad luck for one series in one game. They should have won, but for #$!&@ they couldn't control.
"I'm in a bar with the games sound turned off and that Cespedes home run still sounded like inevitability."

-swish
Wolfgang622
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way

Postby TenuredVulture » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:11 pm

mozartpc27 wrote:I just read this whole game thread, because I hate myself I guess. I mean, yesterday's game was sad and disappointing, mostly because the Phillies pretty obviously had a fine pitcher and a better team, but were consistently victimized by the exact wrong thing happening at the exact wrong moment: dribbler in the first inning, bloop $#@!-ing single by the pitcher in the fifth inning, a rare GIDP from Werth, Ruiz's GIDP when the rally was ON in the seventh.

And yet, when the Phils win the whole thing, people will say they were lucky, when the fact is they overcame adversity, because they're winners.
Be Bold!
TenuredVulture
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!

Previous

Return to 2009 Game Threads