GAME 3 10-11-2009 33 DEGREES AND 3RD TIMES THE CHARM

Postby BassGuiFloyd » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:04 am

note: the only relievers who didn't pitch yesterday were the starters-turned-relievers over the course of the season: kendrick, bastardo, myers and i guess martinez. pedro and kendrick are the only ones who haven't pitched in postseason yet this year.
Why not just go storm Normandy and get shot in the face while you're at it
Why not get a plumbing license and run around high on shrooms stealing peoples' pocket change
User avatar
BassGuiFloyd
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 2406
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:33 pm

Postby Polar Bear Phan » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:08 am

I don't think this was mentioned anywhere, but on MLB Network's highlight reel--which included an overhead shot--I'm pretty sure that Yorvit was nowhere near the plate on Happy Pete's double play. He touched the plate and started positioning himself for the throw to first before the ball arrived from the pitcher.
User avatar
Polar Bear Phan
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor
 
Posts: 8073
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:28 am

Postby BigEd76 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:08 am

Find the Phillies fans

Image


HAAAAAAFE....I mean....FOUL....I mean....what?

Image
User avatar
BigEd76
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 100907
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:13 pm
Location: 40.155/-74.829

Postby Grotewold » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:09 am

Polar Bear Phan wrote:I don't think this was mentioned anywhere, but on MLB Network's highlight reel--which included an overhead shot--I'm pretty sure that Yorvit was nowhere near the plate on Happy Pete's double play. He touched the plate and started positioning himself for the throw to first before the ball arrived from the pitcher.


Yep. They usually give the fielder some latitude there, but he was way off.
User avatar
Grotewold
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 48067
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:40 am

Postby jerseyhoya » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:22 am

How bout that AB by RAUL with the bases loaded?
User avatar
jerseyhoya
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 93252
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:56 pm
Location: Southwest DC

Postby Houshphandzadeh » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:24 am

jerseyhoya wrote:How bout that AB by RAUL with the bases loaded?

Pretty incredible.

I'm sad I missed this epic game threat.
User avatar
Houshphandzadeh
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 63898
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:15 pm
Location: nascar victory

Postby drsmooth » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:26 am

CalvinBall wrote:wool socks, thermal long underwear pants and shorts, jeans, long sleeved shirt, phils t, heavy duty carhartt hoodie, phils beanie, and a neck/chin warmer thing. i was still bitter cold.


got it. You weren't chewie - you were costumed more like one of the semi-anonymous crew members from Alien
Yes, but in a double utley you can put your utley on top they other guy's utley, and you're the winner. (Swish)
User avatar
drsmooth
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 47349
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:24 pm
Location: Low station

Postby Grotewold » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:28 am

jerseyhoya wrote:How bout that AB by RAUL with the bases loaded?


That and the running grab of Atkins' ball and some nice baserunning. He appears to have a second wind.
User avatar
Grotewold
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 48067
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:40 am

Postby threecount » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:29 am

I was watching the game in a popular Northeast Philly establishment last night..last call came at 2:00 AM, but the owners said we could have stayed in there all night to watch the game if we had too..they just locked the doors..some local Philly cops even came in as well to check out the end of the game! :-D
User avatar
threecount
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 3939
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:03 am

Postby Woody » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:41 am

It's okay, you can say Chickie's and Pete's
you sure do seem to have a lot of time on your hands to be on this forum? Do you have a job? Are you a shut-in?
User avatar
Woody
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 52094
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:56 pm
Location: captain of the varsity slut team

Postby lowcountry » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:13 am

Not much to add to an apparently epic game thread, other than

Holy. #$!&@.
¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡GRAN EQUIPO, BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
lowcountry
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 11870
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:12 am
Location: Palm City, FL

Postby Fusilli Jerry » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:28 am

I wish Harry had been here for this.
User avatar
Fusilli Jerry
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 920
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:52 pm

Postby kruker » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:29 am

Impressive. I was fighting to stay awake from the 7th inning on. Didn't miss anything, but was in a bit of a haze until the 9th.
User avatar
kruker
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 17164
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: Bucks/NYC

Postby slamjim » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:29 am

I don't want to look through 207 pages but did anyone see that Rockies fan behind home plate wearing the white/ purple Rockies uniform top and giant winter hat? He was dead center second up behind the two giant guys in cowboy hats.

Guy jumped up freaking out in ecstasy at every Rockies pitch that was called a strike and every pitch that was called a ball he FREAKED out screaming that it should have been a strike. EVERY ball. Distracted me the whole game.
User avatar
slamjim
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:10 pm
Location: Collingswood, NJ

Postby gpicaro » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:35 am

slamjim wrote:I don't want to look through 207 pages but did anyone see that Rockies fan behind home plate wearing the white/ purple Rockies uniform top and giant winter hat? He was dead center second up behind the two giant guys in cowboy hats.

Guy jumped up freaking out in ecstasy at every Rockies pitch that was called a strike and every pitch that was called a ball he FREAKED out screaming that it should have been a strike. EVERY ball. Distracted me the whole game.


Go to page 205 and you can see a nice picture.
jeff2sf wrote:I don't know Eddie Jordan from Michael Jordan. What I do know is that he was eminently qualified.

The Savior wrote:ntc's are relatively worthless in the nhl.
User avatar
gpicaro
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 4826
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:46 am
Location: Locked in the Stauf Mansion

Postby lethal » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:39 am

threecount wrote:I was watching the game in a popular Northeast Philly establishment last night..last call came at 2:00 AM, but the owners said we could have stayed in there all night to watch the game if we had too..they just locked the doors..some local Philly cops even came in as well to check out the end of the game! :-D


wasn't it date night?
User avatar
lethal
BSG MVP / ninja
BSG MVP / ninja
 
Posts: 10345
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: zOMGWTFBBQ?

Postby FTN » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:40 am

we won.

thankfully.
User avatar
FTN
list sheriff
 
Posts: 47429
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:42 pm
Location: BE PEACE

Postby Fusilli Jerry » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:43 am

Image
User avatar
Fusilli Jerry
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 920
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:52 pm

Postby Grotewold » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:47 am

Tulo's crooked bat lol
User avatar
Grotewold
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 48067
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:40 am

Postby Monkeyboy » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:50 am

he's levitating the bat!! :shock:
Agnostic dyslexic insomniacs lay awake all night wondering if there is a Dog.
User avatar
Monkeyboy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 24557
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:01 pm
Location: Music City

PreviousNext

Return to 2009 Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest