NLCS Game 2: Who's Your Daddy? 10/16/09

Postby FTN » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:28 pm

Utley's footwork on that throw was terrible.
FTN
list sheriff

Postby jerseyhoya » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:30 pm

BTW, dajafi, love you man, but that whiny girls thing is sorta out of place when a team is gagging away a playoff game. That #$!&@ sucked.
jerseyhoya
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby SideshowBob » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:31 pm

FTN wrote:We lost this game, the Dodgers didnt win it.

Not really. Padilla pitched a gem and they didn't make any mistakes. They earned a win.
SideshowBob
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby Trent Steele » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:32 pm

hey, we're WFC. we won 93 games and bitchslapped a red hot Rockies team. our best pitcher hasnt started yet. today sucked but the things that happened in that 8th inning were just stupid. feliz bocthing a gb; a obscenely lucky bunt; utley epic fail. sometimes you just don't get the breaks. it's not like they hit anything off of chan ho - the exact same thing could have happened to Pedro.

my only real problem was bringing in a happ with the bases loaded. madson looked great in the Kemp AB. he's very effective against LHB.
I know what you're asking yourself and the answer is yes. I have a nick name for my penis. Its called the Octagon, but I also nick named my testes - my left one is James Westfall and my right one is Doctor Kenneth Noisewater.
Trent Steele
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby HillMD » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:32 pm

Manuel said he thought Pedro was spent and done. He really proved that with the one hard hit ball he gave up.
HillMD
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor

Postby TheDude24 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:32 pm

Charlie it was you. Pedro coulda went the distance. He coulda been a contender.
TheDude24
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby jerseyhoya » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:33 pm

HillMD wrote:Manuel said he thought Pedro was spent and done. He really proved that with the one hard hit ball he gave up.

The last out was hit to the warning track, no?
jerseyhoya
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby TheDude24 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:34 pm

SideshowBob wrote:
FTN wrote:We lost this game, the Dodgers didnt win it.

Not really. Padilla pitched a gem and they didn't make any mistakes. They earned a win.

They earned a tie, not a win.
TheDude24
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby HillMD » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:34 pm

jerseyhoya wrote:
HillMD wrote:Manuel said he thought Pedro was spent and done. He really proved that with the one hard hit ball he gave up.

Yeah, that's the one
HillMD
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor

Postby Wizlah » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:35 pm

jerseyhoya wrote:BTW, dajafi, love you man, but that whiny girls thing is sorta out of place when a team is gagging away a playoff game. That $#@! sucked.

there's being pissed at the phils taking a bead on their own tootsies and pulling the trigger, and then there's the other #$!&@. I presume dajafi is annoyed at the other #$!&@. Altho' in fairness, I'm not seein' anyone run out and say we are more terminally #$!&@ than a sheep in a room full of highlanders.
WFO-That face implies the bottle is destined for something nonstandard.
Woddy:to smash in her old face
WFO-You went to a dark place there friend.
---
JT - I've arguably been to a worse wedding. There was a cash bar
Wizlah
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Wizlah » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:37 pm

Trent Steele wrote:HOLIDAYHOLIDAYHOLIDAYHOLIDAYHOLIDAYHOLIDAYHOLIDAY
HOLIDAYHOLIDAYHOLIDAYHOLIDAYHOLIDAYHOLIDAYHOLIDAYHOLIDAY
WFO-That face implies the bottle is destined for something nonstandard.
Woddy:to smash in her old face
WFO-You went to a dark place there friend.
---
JT - I've arguably been to a worse wedding. There was a cash bar
Wizlah
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby drsmooth » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:38 pm

jerseyhoya wrote:BTW, dajafi, love you man, but that whiny girls thing is sorta out of place when a team is gagging away a playoff game. That $#@! sucked.

the dodgers "succeeded" thanks to a succession of events that in totality were improbable. Any one of those things (ball clanks off Feliz glove, perfect bunt, utley's flatfooted wild throw, walk to ethier) might happen in a given inning, but highly unlikely all in one frame. Do them in a 2-0 game, & the way the dodgers were going, you're still playing in the 10th, 11th, etc.

Go to school on pedro's start; pitch the nancy dodgers lineup up; avoid beating yourself and this series is in the jar.
Yes, but in a double utley you can put your utley on top they other guy's utley, and you're the winner. (Swish)
drsmooth
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Benny Lava » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:38 pm

Did i mention that we should sign Figgins?
Benny Lava
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby drsmooth » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:40 pm

David wells just said "I just farted" on the TBS wrapup broadcast/precast
Yes, but in a double utley you can put your utley on top they other guy's utley, and you're the winner. (Swish)
drsmooth
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Trent Steele » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:44 pm

Wizlah wrote:
Trent Steele wrote:HOLIDAYHOLIDAYHOLIDAYHOLIDAYHOLIDAYHOLIDAYHOLIDAY
HOLIDAYHOLIDAYHOLIDAYHOLIDAYHOLIDAYHOLIDAYHOLIDAYHOLIDAY

In 72 hours, I will be half way to Rome (literally).
I know what you're asking yourself and the answer is yes. I have a nick name for my penis. Its called the Octagon, but I also nick named my testes - my left one is James Westfall and my right one is Doctor Kenneth Noisewater.
Trent Steele
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby drsmooth » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:44 pm

and another thing, karn is so going to ravage
drsmooth
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby dajafi » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:47 pm

I hear you. It did, absolutely. But what Sideshow Bob said: the other team is good. #$!&@ happens. We're in a good position, and I'd be really surprised if this Phillies team, a bunch of guys whose mental toughness can't be measured by any human scale I know of, takes this any worse than they do most losses.

(Possible caveat: Utley's throwing thing unnerves the hell out of me. It almost doesn't fit into how I understand the universe: how can that guy, of all people, have that problem? I worry that it could be some supernatural force that #$!&@ us)

I'll admit that having won last year is giving me a different perspective on all this. It's like the pressure's off somehow. I said to my wife last night that it doesn't feel like I'm going to die if they lose the game.

For the most part, this is a lot better, though I'll admit that I kind of feel like I *should* be freaking out. Maybe I'm telling all of you not to do it because I'm telling myself.
dajafi
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP

Postby ReadingPhilly » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:48 pm

HillMD wrote:
jerseyhoya wrote:

Yeah, that's the one

yeah. i wouldn't trust the people that are with him all the time and have seen every pitch of every side session he's thrown since his last start.
ReadingPhilly
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!

Postby Warszawa » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:56 pm

Game 6 should be a rematch of Padilla and Pedro in LA right? (unless they skip Kershaw or push him back). I can't see the Phillies losing that matchup again. I mean, Padilla on any given day can have the best stuff in baseball, but consistency is his problem.
Warszawa
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby dajafi » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:59 pm

Warszawa wrote:Game 6 should be a rematch of Padilla and Pedro in LA right? (unless they skip Kershaw or push him back). I can't see the Phillies losing that matchup again. I mean, Padilla on any given day can have the best stuff in baseball, but consistency is his problem.

Could be, but they could also pitch Lee on five days rest--off days tomorrow, Tuesday and Thursday.
dajafi
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP

PreviousNext

Return to 2009 Game Threads