NLCS Game 4 GDT: HOLY #$!&@

Postby slugsrbad » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:07 pm

BigEd76 wrote:Remember he's the same guy that yelled "LINE DRIVE BASE HIT" in the Tigers/Twins tiebreaker game when the ball was caught and the throw home stopped the winning run....

slugsrbad
Plays the Game the Right Way

Postby philliesr98 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:12 pm

I also forgot to mention, before the game I was behind homeplate just chillin watching them finish up batting practice. And there was Craig Sager, in the stands mingling with some fans...

Well someone went absolutely ape sh!t on him, and looked like he wanted to fight him... Wondering if it was any of you... this guy looked mad and started yelling at him. Sager did his best to ignore it, but there was no ignoring it...
philliesr98
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby phatj » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:36 pm

That suit he was wearing had me seeing red too. (Well, salmon anyway...)
they were a chick hanging out with her friends at a bar, the Phillies would be the 320 lb chick with a nose wart and a dick - Trent Steele
phatj

Postby The Marty Show » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:48 pm

MLB.com thought and probably hoped :twisted: that the Phils lost this game.

From the700level

EDIT: Oops, sorry for the double post, just saw it on an earlier page.
Last edited by The Marty Show on Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie: "I tell our guys, 'champions can play anywhere."
Sun's up, lights out!
The Marty Show
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby philliesphhan » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:56 pm

Whynot wrote:
1 wrote:this one won't last for long before my account gets deactivated:

If that does go, there's always this.
With 3 different takes - TBS, WPHT and LA
http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=7076517&topic_id=7223212

I think what's great about watching a walk-off hit multiple times is picking out individual people and seeing their reaction. This is the first time I've seen Sam Perlozzo's reaction. After frantically waving everyone around the bases, he just starts pumping his arms in the air repeatedly after Ruiz passes him.
"My hip is #$!&@ up. I'm going to Africa for two weeks."
philliesphhan

Postby philliesphhan » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:56 pm

mozartpc27 wrote:
stevemc wrote:
mozartpc27 wrote:Ha, I thought about the taking third thing too, but then I figured he figured if they tried to throw him out going to third, he could do the whole getting-caught-in-a-rundown-on-purpose thing.

i just watched a replay and there wasn't a soul covering 3B. Blake had already turned his back and headed to the dugout when Jimmy rounded 2nd.

:!:

Understandable, Ruiz was also halfway home at this point (or at least rounding third) and the throw still wasn't close yet.
"My hip is #$!&@ up. I'm going to Africa for two weeks."
philliesphhan

Postby 1 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:04 pm

http://scotteyre.mlblogs.com/

Wow.
So where was I when Jimmy Rollins rocked the house last night? I was sitting on the bench. In fact, I was the only one sitting down in the dugout.

After I pitch I always sit. I take a seat on the bench and I drink some water. I usually go into the clubhouse when we're at home and we hit in the bottom of the inning so I can ice my shoulder and elbow and everything. But it's the ninth inning and it's the playoffs, so you've got to stay out there. When Matt Stairs walked and came out so Eric Bruntlett could pinch-run for him, I got up and walked down to high-five him. Then I went back to my seat. Carlos Ruiz got hit by the pitch and then when Greg Dobbs lined out, I looked around and I was like, "Wow, I'm the only guy sitting down right now." But I couldn't move. I had to stay in my same seat. Everybody yells, "Same seat! Same seat!" You'll see guys remember how they were leaning against the railing in the previous at-bat and say, "Oh, yeah, I was doing this," and get in that position. It's so funny. Most of us do that. Pitchers, especially.

When Jimmy got the hit I jumped out of my seat and almost jumped over the railing before Chooch even hit third base. You start to see everybody else filing out and you're like, "Can we go out yet? Can we go out yet?" Then you just go out. We were out there before Chooch scored because we knew he wasn't going to be thrown out. Chooch didn't even have to slide, but he said he slid just to get dirty.

I don't think it could have been a better guy to get that hit. Jimmy has been here the longest. He's been through his ups and downs, but he stays even keel all the time. He doesn't get too excited. He doesn't get too down. He's fun to have around.

The ending to that game was crazy.

We know we haven't won the series, but we'd like to do it at home. But this was fun. This is such a fun team to play for, and this was a big reason why.
Fine. You wanna act like you're two? I'll act like I'm one.
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP

Postby philliesr98 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:17 pm

phatj wrote:That suit he was wearing had me seeing red too. (Well, salmon anyway...)

Yea the guy was reallll angry at his suit too.... it was a pretty awful color, and his hair/toupee/whatever he's got going on up there was even worse.

All of which this man cursed him for, it was a spectacle.
philliesr98
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby JFLNYC » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:33 pm

I'm sorry but, no matter what you think of Craig Sager and his clothing, that's just looney.
Jamie

"A man who tells lies . . . merely hides the truth. But a man who tells half-lies has forgotten where he put it."
JFLNYC
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby The Savior » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:34 pm

Chooch slid just to get dirty...

That's hot
The Savior

Postby BigEd76 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:39 pm

Where was Manny during that bottom of the 9th? Where you'd find any player that was 1 out away from his season being saved....taking a shower
BigEd76
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!

Postby uncle milt » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:54 pm

oh my
uncle milt
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor

Postby bleh » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:55 pm

Joe must be getting tired of defending Manny. No wonder he's leaving next year.
bleh
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Mountainphan » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:26 pm

joe table wrote:
Werthless wrote:I think he was pissed his nap got interrupted.

Kendrick must've been running late with his juicebox and apple slices

That reminds me, I need to remind him that it's our turn for snacks at my kids' soccer games on Saturday.
Mountainphan
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby Monkeyboy » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:46 pm

Squire wrote:Not to be even the slightest bit of a buzzkill but with 2 outs - strategically after he hit the ball last night shouldn't Rollins just run to first and camp out there. I guess you could argue he should go to 2nd and stay there in case Ruiz gets held at 3rd to take away a force on the next AB. I don't think there's any argument that he should take 3rd. No big deal though. Just thinking.

SQUIRE

I thought the same thing. If he somehow gets tagged out before the run scores, it doesn't count. Of course, I think he knew it was over, so he just kept running. It's also possible that he forgot the outs in the excitement (can't say I blame him) and was trying to get to 3B in case Ruiz was out at home. But I think he just knew the game was over and kept running out of pure glee.
Agnostic dyslexic insomniacs lay awake all night wondering if there is a Dog.
Monkeyboy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Monkeyboy » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:53 pm

dajafi wrote:
Grotewold wrote:But at least Scully knew right away it was a huge hit. Franzke was a little slow on the uptake, though he made up for it post slide. Also Scully is 100.

I listened to Franzke's call this morning before coming into work. Thought it was a classic--the build and almost (?) intentional under-playing, then going absolutely bat $#@!. Sounded like Kermit the Frog having multiple orgasms.

He's having one now.
Monkeyboy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Monkeyboy » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:56 pm

All this and Francisco hasn't even had his big hit yet. You know it's just a matter of time.
Monkeyboy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Barry Jive » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:59 pm

Come on, guys. Give Jimmy the benefit of the doubt here. How often does he make baserunning errors? He kept running because he knew he could.
no offense but you are everything that's wrong with America
Barry Jive

Postby lethal » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:16 pm

And do you think any of the Dodgers were that heads up to even think about that? None of them are Jeters after all.
lethal
BSG MVP / ninja
BSG MVP / ninja

Postby TheAAGuy » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:04 pm

Take a look at the video from MLB.com. You know, the one that has all 3 broadcasts of the play, TBS, Franske and Scully. The Franske version has a view from back of home plate. It shows clearly that Ruiz is sliding home, and Rollins is still a good 20-30 feet from 3rd base. I think this is a non-issue. If they had thrown to 3rd, Ruiz would score well before Rollins could get tagged out. Also there was nobody covering 2nd because both the 2B ans SS were in shallow right for the relay.
TheAAGuy
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

PreviousNext

Return to 2009 Game Threads