World Series 2009 Game 2 Thread

Postby EndlessSummer » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:22 am

This loss is on me. I forgot my lucky hat. I didn't get to my lucky bar until the second, and the bar was far more dead than any other game we've watched there. Then everyone there was so beat from the night before that we went home in the sixth.

To the fans, I'm sorry. We were hoping for an undefeated series. But I promise you one thing: A lot of good will come out of this. You have never seen any fan in the entire country cheer as hard as I will cheer the rest of this series, and you'll never see someone push the rest of the fans as hard as I will push everybody the rest of this series. God bless.
EndlessSummer
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby The Savior » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:23 am

2 wrongs don't make a riiiiiiiiiiiigh
The Savior
Plays the Game the Right Way

Postby The Savior » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:24 am

EndlessSummer wrote:This loss is on me. I forgot my lucky hat. I didn't get to my lucky bar until the second, and the bar was far more dead than any other game we've watched there. Then everyone there was so beat from the night before that we went home in the sixth.

To the fans, I'm sorry. We were hoping for an undefeated series. But I promise you one thing: A lot of good will come out of this. You have never seen any fan in the entire country cheer as hard as I will cheer the rest of this series, and you'll never see someone push the rest of the fans as hard as I will push everybody the rest of this series. God bless.

I hate you.

Got home at the same time, showered at the same time, watched the same show pregame to remain calm, arrived at the bar at the same time, parked in the same spot, stood in the same spot....

I did my half.

WTF JERK
The Savior

Postby JFLNYC » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:27 am

It was me, actually. I never should have started the GDT without a day's rest. I'm not as young as I used to be.
Jamie

"A man who tells lies . . . merely hides the truth. But a man who tells half-lies has forgotten where he put it."
JFLNYC
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby traderdave » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:32 am

lethal wrote:
Rococo4 wrote:
BigEd76 wrote:"UTLEY WAS SAFE"

showalter on espn, did point out that victorino was way out of baseline, which he def was

I thought they should have called interference.

Utley WAS safe but Howard short-hopped the line drive in the prior inning so I'm not going to complain about it. Phils got beat plain and simple.
traderdave
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor

Postby uncle milt » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:35 am

traderdave wrote:Utley WAS safe but Howard short-hopped the line drive in the prior inning so I'm not going to complain about it. Phils got beat plain and simple.

what he said
uncle milt
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor

Postby The Dude » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:38 am

BSG HOF '25
The Dude
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby kruker » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:42 am

Is that Pedro screen shot on here anywhere?
"Everybody's a critic. This wasn't an aesthetic endeavor."
kruker
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby lethal » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:01 am

uncle milt wrote:
traderdave wrote:Utley WAS safe but Howard short-hopped the line drive in the prior inning so I'm not going to complain about it. Phils got beat plain and simple.

what he said

I agree. The breaks evened out in this game. It wasn't the umps fault that we lost.
lethal
BSG MVP / ninja
BSG MVP / ninja

Postby JFLNYC » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:38 am

Yup. When you start complaining about the umps, you've already lost.
Jamie

"A man who tells lies . . . merely hides the truth. But a man who tells half-lies has forgotten where he put it."
JFLNYC
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby drsmooth » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:39 am

JFLNYC wrote:It was me, actually. I never should have started the GDT without a day's rest. I'm not as young as I used to be.

You shouldered the load, did what you had to do, because Karn wasn't ready to go.

And I'm not just playing mind games when I say that
Yes, but in a double utley you can put your utley on top they other guy's utley, and you're the winner. (Swish)
drsmooth
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby philliesphhan » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:40 am

JFLNYC wrote:Yup. When you start complaining about the umps, you've already lost.

Speaking of this, was it just me or did Jerry Hairston complain about EVERY called strike thrown to him?
"My hip is #$!&@ up. I'm going to Africa for two weeks."
philliesphhan

Postby steven snell » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:41 am

The Savior wrote:
EndlessSummer wrote:This loss is on me. I forgot my lucky hat. I didn't get to my lucky bar until the second, and the bar was far more dead than any other game we've watched there. Then everyone there was so beat from the night before that we went home in the sixth.

I hate you.

Got home at the same time, showered at the same time, watched the same show pregame to remain calm, arrived at the bar at the same time, parked in the same spot, stood in the same spot....

I did my half.

WTF JERK

It was my fault. I went into the kitchen to get another adult beverage and booom, Teixera goes yard.
steven snell
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby PSUsarge » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:41 am

As pointed out by CFP via text, it was me. I forgot to send out my mass "LET'S GO PHILLIES" text before the game. Sorry, guys.
PSUsarge
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor

Postby JFLNYC » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:42 am

We win as a team. We lose as a team. We are a band of brothers (and the occasional sister).
Jamie

JFLNYC
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby steven snell » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:45 am

Who wants to:

Shave the head of that mopped hair brat with the yankees jacket.
See Rudy lose his dentures while grimacing.
See Rudy get hit with a foul ball.
Cast AJ Burnett as Jethro Bodine in the next Beverly Hillbillies remake.
steven snell
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby The Savior » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:54 am

steven snell wrote:Who wants to:

Shave the head of that mopped hair brat with the yankees jacket.
See Rudy lose his dentures while grimacing.
See Rudy get hit with a foul ball.
Cast AJ Burnett as Jethro Bodine in the next Beverly Hillbillies remake.

I'd rather see all of these people hit by a bus. Throw in Jeter and ARod and it'd be the greatest bus tragedy ever.
The Savior

Previous

Return to 2009 Game Threads