friends, enemies, frenemies: random thoughts outpost

Postby drsmooth » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:20 pm

i signed on to groupon about 4 months ago, and have yet to see an offer worth a 2nd look. that "the market" values it higher than GOOG at the same pre-IPO stage is lunacy.
Yes, but in a double utley you can put your utley on top they other guy's utley, and you're the winner. (Swish)
drsmooth
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby FTN » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:26 pm

drsmooth wrote:i signed on to groupon about 4 months ago, and have yet to see an offer worth a 2nd look. that "the market" values it higher than GOOG at the same pre-IPO stage is lunacy.

as an observer of your posts for years, i think its fairly safe to say you're not the target demographic of groupon.
FTN
list sheriff

Postby TenuredVulture » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:28 pm

FTN wrote:
drsmooth wrote:i signed on to groupon about 4 months ago, and have yet to see an offer worth a 2nd look. that "the market" values it higher than GOOG at the same pre-IPO stage is lunacy.

as an observer of your posts for years, i think its fairly safe to say you're not the target demographic of groupon.

As far as I can tell, it's for chicks who like spa treatments and cupcakes.
TenuredVulture
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!

Postby Phan In Phlorida » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:09 pm

TenuredVulture wrote:
FTN wrote:

As far as I can tell, it's for chicks who like spa treatments and cupcakes.

Heck, I thought it was

Phan In Phlorida
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Barry Jive » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:16 pm

Eem wrote:
Barry Jive wrote:I don't know if this is my worst or second-best, but five years ago I was a 20 year-old Penn State junior getting piss drunk watching college ball, went to dinner at West Halls as an intermission for drinking, then came back

Good times
Barry Jive wrote:went to a free sketch comedy show on campus written by members of the campus humor magazine I wrote for. I didn't remember much of it

Hmm
Barry Jive wrote:got a ride back to my dorm, met up with friends at a random frat party, danced with girls and drank some free beer, got a little handsy on the dance floor, punched some celing tiles, got carried back to my dorm across the street

Barry Jive wrote:FWB

Watta kunt
Barry Jive wrote:woke up on the floor tied up in my comforter covered in my own vomit.

Watta maroon
Barry Jive wrote:I'm gonna lean toward second-best.

Yap

well, this convinced me. today's been pretty good, but i'm hoping for a night-capper to clinch its status over this one.
no offense but you are everything that's wrong with America
Barry Jive
Plays the Game the Right Way

Postby phatj » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:50 pm

The Black-Eyed Peas make American Idol worse
phatj

Postby meatball » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:11 pm

unpossible
who talks like that? goodness.
meatball
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor

Postby MrsVox » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:27 pm

pacino wrote:is eating corned beef really a thing? i never heard of it

i guess it's like eating christmas eve, which most people apparently dont do and yet my family always did growing up. depends on the tradition.

We ate corned beef once in a while, but never on st. Patricks day. Because my parents like to believe that they have no ethnicity.
MrsVox
Site Admin

Postby Eem » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:31 pm

I really hate Eric Stangel
Eem
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Eem » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:48 pm

Any friends?
Eem
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby FTN » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:48 pm

Eem wrote:I really hate Eric Stangel

you hate a lot of people/things for seemingly random reasons.
FTN
list sheriff

Postby Eem » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:49 pm

FTN wrote:

Not denying this, but what else have you noticed I hate
Bed and bath i love this places
Eem
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Eem » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:50 pm

Also, re: Stangel http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/201 ... angel.html

That is basically everything I've ever felt about the guy wrapped into one package
Eem
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby FTN » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:51 pm

Eem wrote:
FTN wrote:

you were pretty worked up that people were discussing charlie sheen. and i mean everyone was discussing charlie sheen.
FTN
list sheriff

Postby Eem » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:52 pm

FTN wrote:
Eem wrote:
FTN wrote:

you were pretty worked up that people were discussing charlie sheen. and i mean everyone was discussing charlie sheen.

Ain't gonna deny that one
Bed and bath i love this places
Eem
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Eem » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:53 pm

At least it already seems that nobody gives a #$!&@ about Chuck Estevez any more
Eem
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby FTN » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:55 pm

and i dont even like stangel. maybe 1 of every 15 tweets of his that gets re-tweeted is funny. i dont follow him. but i dont care about him. and hes certainly not even relevant enough in my life to hate. like, i had chipper jones. because i see his dumb face 18 times a year, and have to read stories about him, and he plays for a team that i hate and that i will watch a lot of this year. i think i have a reason to hate him. other than when he is skull #$!&@ the mets.

but anyway. whatever. he just seems so inconsequential. carry on.
FTN
list sheriff

Postby Eem » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:02 pm

Honestly, I hate him because I shouldn't even spend energy on hating him (as you said, inconsequential) but I have no choice because at least 10 people I follow feel as if something he said is worth retweeting on a semi-consistent basis

It's like loving a radio station that occasionally plays total crap or when your favorite band plays a turd no one likes at a concert
Eem
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby FTN » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:10 pm

Eem wrote:Honestly, I hate him because I shouldn't even spend energy on hating him (as you said, inconsequential) but I have no choice because at least 10 people I follow feel as if something he said is worth retweeting on a semi-consistent basis

It's like loving a radio station that occasionally plays total crap or when your favorite band plays a turd no one likes at a concert

the easiest way to fix that is to block re-tweets from the mouthbreathes who retweet his stuff. you cant block the RT with comments, but if you just block @ericstangel and then block retweeting from the people who do it, you probably wont have to see any of his stuff anymore.

or you could just scroll past it
FTN
list sheriff

Postby Barry Jive » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:21 am

Barry Jive wrote:
Eem wrote:
Barry Jive wrote:I don't know if this is my worst or second-best, but five years ago I was a 20 year-old Penn State junior getting piss drunk watching college ball, went to dinner at West Halls as an intermission for drinking, then came back

Good times
Barry Jive wrote:went to a free sketch comedy show on campus written by members of the campus humor magazine I wrote for. I didn't remember much of it

Hmm
Barry Jive wrote:got a ride back to my dorm, met up with friends at a random frat party, danced with girls and drank some free beer, got a little handsy on the dance floor, punched some celing tiles, got carried back to my dorm across the street

Barry Jive wrote:FWB

Watta kunt
Barry Jive wrote:woke up on the floor tied up in my comforter covered in my own vomit.

Watta maroon
Barry Jive wrote:I'm gonna lean toward second-best.

Yap

well, this convinced me. today's been pretty good, but i'm hoping for a night-capper to clinch its status over this one.

night-capper: the government gave me a lot more money than i thought i was supposed to get.

thx government
no offense but you are everything that's wrong with America
Barry Jive

Previous

Return to Random Thoughts Threads