Fantasy Football 2013

Fantasy Football 2013

Postby Pittfan03 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:43 pm

My draft was today. 14 team league, no PPR, allowed one keeper. 1 QB starter, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 DST, 1 K. 14 overall players.

QB Tony Romo
QB Philip Rivers
WR Danny Amendola
WR Brandon Marshall
WR Cecil Shorts
WR Nate Burleson
WR Ryan Broyles
RB Bernard Pierce
RB Maurice Jones-Drew
RB Darren McFadden
TE Jermaine Gresham
TE Owen Daniels
DST Texans
K Sebastian Janikowski
Piss off.
User avatar
Pittfan03
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 2529
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:27 am
Location: Key West, Fl

Re: Fantasy Football 2013

Postby mcare89 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:02 pm

I'm terrified of McFadden in any fashion. He went for 16 bucks in my auction yesterday. I never even thought about bidding on him.

Here's what I put together. PPR, 12 teams, one keeper starting this year. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, DEF. Auction dollars in parenthesis, $200 budget.

QB - Stafford (23)
RB - McCoy (61) - I overbid here, but our resident Eagles homer bid me up.
RB - Bush (21) - I made up for that here.
WR - Marshall (35)
WR - Bowe (13)
TE - Cameron (5)
Flex - A. Brown (9)
K - Bullock (1)
DST - Pittsburgh (1)

BN: Ivory (7), Jennings (9), Ballard (4), Roethlisberger (2), Polk (2), B. Myers (1), J. Bell (1)

I couldn't be happier. I feel great about this team. Two RB's that are PPR gold, Marshall could easily catch a hundred passes this season again, and I like Bowe in the Reid offense.
User avatar
mcare89
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 11963
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:59 pm

Re: Fantasy Football 2013

Postby Stripes » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:14 pm

mcare89 wrote:I'm terrified of McFadden in any fashion. He went for 16 bucks in my auction yesterday. I never even thought about bidding on him.

Here's what I put together. PPR, 12 teams, one keeper starting this year. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, DEF. Auction dollars in parenthesis, $200 budget.

QB - Stafford (23)
RB - McCoy (61) - I overbid here, but our resident Eagles homer bid me up.
RB - Bush (21) - I made up for that here.
WR - Marshall (35)
WR - Bowe (13)
TE - Cameron (5)
Flex - A. Brown (9)
K - Bullock (1)
DST - Pittsburgh (1)

BN: Ivory (7), Jennings (9), Ballard (4), Roethlisberger (2), Polk (2), B. Myers (1), J. Bell (1)

I couldn't be happier. I feel great about this team. Two RB's that are PPR gold, Marshall could easily catch a hundred passes this season again, and I like Bowe in the Reid offense.


nice
Trust the prospects
Stripes
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 1808
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:12 am
Location: Mightyville

Re: Fantasy Football 2013

Postby Stripes » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:15 pm

Pittfan03 wrote:My draft was today. 14 team league, no PPR, allowed one keeper. 1 QB starter, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 DST, 1 K. 14 overall players.

QB Tony Romo
QB Philip Rivers
WR Danny Amendola
WR Brandon Marshall
WR Cecil Shorts
WR Nate Burleson
WR Ryan Broyles
RB Bernard Pierce
RB Maurice Jones-Drew
RB Darren McFadden
TE Jermaine Gresham
TE Owen Daniels
DST Texans
K Sebastian Janikowski


Trying to figure who your first round pick was. MJD?
Trust the prospects
Stripes
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 1808
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:12 am
Location: Mightyville

Re: Fantasy Football 2013

Postby PrattRules » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:38 am

12 team PPR league. 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF, and 1 Flex

QB: Tom Brady
RB: Adrian Peterson
RB: Darren Sproles
WR: Roddy White
WR: James Jones
WR: Mike Wallace
TE: Jason Witten
DEF: Chicago Bears
K: Sebastian Janikowski
Flex: Darren McFadden

Bench: Matt Schaub
Bench: Ben Jarvus Green Ellis
Bench: Mike Williams
Bench: Jacoby Jones
Bench: Mercell Reese

Happy with my team, except for Run DMC.
"Just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it." -George Costanza
User avatar
PrattRules
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 15209
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:38 pm
Location: Northeast Philly

Re: Fantasy Football 2013

Postby The Dude » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:17 pm

In my league you get one keeper, but the way we do it is whatever round he was drafted last year is the pick you lose this year. My options are foster (1), doug martin (2), or ridley (5). Ridley may be best value, but I'm seeing martin is drafting like 2nd overall in a lot of leagues
BSG HOF '25
User avatar
The Dude
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 27967
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:04 pm
Location: 250 52nd st

Re: Fantasy Football 2013

Postby CalvinBall » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:33 pm

Guess it would matter what pick you have in those rounds too.
User avatar
CalvinBall
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 57565
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Out There

Re: Fantasy Football 2013

Postby mcare89 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:23 pm

The Dude wrote:In my league you get one keeper, but the way we do it is whatever round he was drafted last year is the pick you lose this year. My options are foster (1), doug martin (2), or ridley (5). Ridley may be best value, but I'm seeing martin is drafting like 2nd overall in a lot of leagues

I'd probably go Martin. Unless it's like an 8-team league, you're getting a top 3-4 overall pick in the 2nd round.
User avatar
mcare89
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 11963
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:59 pm

Re: Fantasy Football 2013

Postby Pittfan03 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:35 pm

Stripes wrote:
Pittfan03 wrote:My draft was today. 14 team league, no PPR, allowed one keeper. 1 QB starter, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 DST, 1 K. 14 overall players.

QB Tony Romo
QB Philip Rivers
WR Danny Amendola
WR Brandon Marshall
WR Cecil Shorts
WR Nate Burleson
WR Ryan Broyles
RB Bernard Pierce
RB Maurice Jones-Drew
RB Darren McFadden
TE Jermaine Gresham
TE Owen Daniels
DST Texans
K Sebastian Janikowski


Trying to figure who your first round pick was. MJD?



Yeah, MJD. Like I said, it's a keeper league, so Brady, Manning, Brees, McCoy, Charles, Foster, RGIII, Rodgers, etc were kept.
Piss off.
User avatar
Pittfan03
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 2529
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:27 am
Location: Key West, Fl

Re: Fantasy Football 2013

Postby The Dude » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:53 pm

mcare89 wrote:
The Dude wrote:In my league you get one keeper, but the way we do it is whatever round he was drafted last year is the pick you lose this year. My options are foster (1), doug martin (2), or ridley (5). Ridley may be best value, but I'm seeing martin is drafting like 2nd overall in a lot of leagues

I'd probably go Martin. Unless it's like an 8-team league, you're getting a top 3-4 overall pick in the 2nd round.


That's my thought process, but I'm also thinking ridley may also be first round value in the fifth round
BSG HOF '25
User avatar
The Dude
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 27967
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:04 pm
Location: 250 52nd st

Re: Fantasy Football 2013

Postby CalvinBall » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:40 am

What San Fran wr is going to be the best?
User avatar
CalvinBall
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 57565
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Out There

Re: Fantasy Football 2013

Postby iladelph53 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:08 pm

CalvinBall wrote:What San Fran wr is going to be the best?


I think Boldin could go over 1000 yards with 5-7 TDs. Vernon Davis is basically a WR. I just picked up Quinton Patton as a lotto ticket.
User avatar
iladelph53
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 3533
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:04 am
Location: this america, man.

Re: Fantasy Football 2013

Postby The Dude » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:54 pm

Kept ridley, and got dez bryant in second. Happy with that
BSG HOF '25
User avatar
The Dude
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 27967
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:04 pm
Location: 250 52nd st

Re: Fantasy Football 2013

Postby kruker » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:49 pm

Just finished my draft. Happy with how it turned out. I'll take the chance on Vick/Palmer at QB hoping that either Chip or Fitz/Arians helps one of them have one more good year.

QB-Vick
RB-McCoy
RB-Chris Johnson
WR-Bowe
WR-Amendola
TE-Olsen
Flex-MJD
DST-Bucs (have Jets week one)
K-Henery

BN-Palmer
BN-Bryce Brown
BN-Daryl Richardson
BN-DeAngelo
BN-Ryan Broyles
BN-TY Hilton
"Everybody's a critic. This wasn't an aesthetic endeavor."
User avatar
kruker
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 17165
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: Bucks/NYC

Re: Fantasy Football 2013

Postby traderdave » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:45 am

My team sucks:

Starters - Kaepernick, Foster, Wilson, Bryant, Fitzgerald, Heyward-Bey, Allen, Nugent, Giants
Bench - Manuel, Vereen, Tate, Rice, Woods, Patton, Novak, Eagles

If I get off to a 1-3 or 0-4 type start, Foster is gone (auction, keeper league and he'd be $51 next season). I already have something in mind.
User avatar
traderdave
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor
 
Posts: 7224
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:44 pm
Location: Here

Re: Fantasy Football 2013

Postby CalvinBall » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:17 pm

how do yall do your auction keepers as far as price for next season?
User avatar
CalvinBall
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 57565
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Out There

Re: Fantasy Football 2013

Postby traderdave » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:20 pm

CalvinBall wrote:how do yall do your auction keepers as far as price for next season?


Sorry for the delay CB. Basically, we can keep as many players as we want for as long as we want but their salaries increase $10 annually (year-to-year contracts, so to speak), you have to fill a 17-player roster and the cap is $200.

Other than Kap and Fitz, yesterday went just about as poorly as it could have for me (of course, topped off with the news of Vereen breaking his hand).
User avatar
traderdave
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor
 
Posts: 7224
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:44 pm
Location: Here

Re: Fantasy Football 2013

Postby Pittfan03 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:29 pm

1-0 to start the season. But, Amendola has to miss a game, big surprise, so Cecil Shorts maybe, or Burleson.
Piss off.
User avatar
Pittfan03
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 2529
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:27 am
Location: Key West, Fl

Re: Fantasy Football 2013

Postby mcare89 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:04 am

CalvinBall wrote:how do yall do your auction keepers as far as price for next season?

1 keeper, same price the next year, $5 markup every year thereafter.

Good win this week. Feel even better with Reggie given that I have Joique Bell as the handcuff. Feel like the Lions offense is going to be cash money this year. Picked up Julius Thomas as a FA too, so I can play matchups with my TE and my flex. Feeling real good about this season.
User avatar
mcare89
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 11963
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:59 pm

Re: Fantasy Football 2013

Postby mcare89 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:06 am

Pittfan03 wrote:1-0 to start the season. But, Amendola has to miss a game, big surprise, so Cecil Shorts maybe, or Burleson.

I'd probably go Shorts. I love the Lions, but I don't love their secondary targets. Too much there with Megatron, Bush, and even Pettigrew without looking for guys like Burleson and Broyles, yet anyway. Shorts vs the Raiders seems like a pretty good play.
User avatar
mcare89
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 11963
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:59 pm

Next

Return to Football - Fantasy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests