Attention: Bad Drivers

Re: Attention: Bad Drivers

Postby Barry Jive » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:20 pm

i've been doing a lot of vigilante yelling at unnecessary honkers in Center City. people are such bitches in traffic
no offense but you are everything that's wrong with America
Barry Jive
Plays the Game the Right Way

Postby pacino » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:23 pm

got honked at the other day while having the right of way while walking. some drivers are too entitled. i remember the time i just about got hit on city line back in 2005.

on the other end, i also had a WTF moment like hoya this morning. it was green and the car ahead of me just WOULDNT GO. I did the "WTF" signal with my hands and he waited til it was yellow to go ahead.
thephan wrote:pacino's posting is one of the more important things revealed in weeks.
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP

Postby The Dude » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:26 pm

Barry Jive wrote:i've been doing a lot of vigilante yelling at unnecessary honkers in Center City. people are such bitches in traffic

yeah, honking in cc is the absolute worst. #$!&@ don't drive in the city
BSG HOF '25
The Dude
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby PTOITWCFTPP » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:05 am

These people that go 35 MPH while trying to get on an interstate where the speed limit is at least 65. GET OFF THE ROAD
Doug “visor-wearin’, sideline-glarin’, screen pass-callin’, fourth-down ballin’, division-leadin’, running-back feedin’, salt and pepper son of a gun” Pederson.

LII Champs

"This is a normal collar. Move on. Find a new slant."
PTOITWCFTPP
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!

Postby Soren » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:19 am

PTOITWCFTPP wrote:These people that go 35 MPH while trying to get on an interstate where the speed limit is at least 65. GET OFF THE ROAD

similarly, the people who come to a dead stop in the middle of an on ramp
"Annihilation!" she shrieked at me, flailing in confusion. "Annihilation! Annihilation!"
Napalm wrote:well you know what they say, a collar saved is a collar earned
Soren

Postby PTOITWCFTPP » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:20 am

If the limit is 55 and I'm going 42 and have to slam on my brakes so i don't tear up your #$!&@ bumper, take a bus bitch
Doug “visor-wearin’, sideline-glarin’, screen pass-callin’, fourth-down ballin’, division-leadin’, running-back feedin’, salt and pepper son of a gun” Pederson.

LII Champs

"This is a normal collar. Move on. Find a new slant."
PTOITWCFTPP

Postby Slowhand » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:11 pm

Hate these people who take like five minutes to change lanes. While slowing down.
Slowhand
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Swiggers » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:29 pm

I hope Marshawn Lynch is reading this thread.
TomatoPie wrote:The fact that Christie is a Cowboys fan reveals a lot about his empty soul.

Monkeyboy wrote:Incidentally, as I post this, the people in the hotel room next to mine are having some raucous sex. The lady is growling and #$!&@. It's pretty impressive.
Swiggers
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor

Postby phatj » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:14 pm

If you're going to make a turn on a red light onto a road with traffic coming, you best hustle to get up to the speed limit, at least, not drive 10 #$!&@ MPH UNDER THE LIMIT FOR THE NEXT FIVE MILES
they were a chick hanging out with her friends at a bar, the Phillies would be the 320 lb chick with a nose wart and a dick - Trent Steele
phatj

Postby jerseyhoya » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:09 pm

Driving home from work today I was passed on GW Parkway by a person eating a Sweetgreen salad.
jerseyhoya
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby traderdave » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:27 pm

I live on a relatively* busy county road - 25 mph, double-lined, one lane each way. In a span of about four hours, I saw someone blow through a stop sign and another pass a car, which was going to speed limit. It was a "did I really see that" type moment. The person who blew through the stop sign did not even tap on the brake and the jerk-off that passed on the double line got stuck at a red light just down the road. asshat!!

* relative to a typical residential neighborhood
traderdave
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor

Postby thephan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:08 pm

jerseyhoya wrote:Driving home from work today I was passed on GW Parkway by a person eating a Sweetgreen salad.

Come on man you’re no rookie. Down here eating a salad holding it with one hand and forking it with the other on a relatively twisty road that shoot up and down hills high up on the edge of the banks of a river is nothing. Seriously, you should be able to do this. You should be able to do this on a dark and stormy night. That’s just really nothing for D.C.

A rather long time ago I saw a man with a Gillette type razor shaving as he zipped around the beltway one hand was on the razor the other was holding the bowl of water and there was a towel over his shoulder. He was only doing about 70 on a 4 lane road in lane 3.

I think just about anybody who drove the beltway for any amount of time has seen “the classic”. The classic would be a woman putting on her make up with both hands while looking into a make up type magnifying mirror that is perched on the dashboard, of course this act is perform somewhere between 55 and 80 miles an hour.
The time is always right to do what is right. - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
thephan
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby CalvinBall » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:15 pm

traderdave wrote:I live on a relatively* busy county road - 25 mph, double-lined, one lane each way. In a span of about four hours, I saw someone blow through a stop sign and another pass a car, which was going to speed limit. It was a "did I really see that" type moment. The person who blew through the stop sign did not even tap on the brake and the jerk-off that passed on the double line got stuck at a red light just down the road. asshat!!

* relative to a typical residential neighborhood

This kind of stuff is a regular occurrence for me in West Philly.
CalvinBall

Postby swishnicholson » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:56 pm

From a pedestrian angle, my latest pet peeve is people who creep past the white line at a traffic light,often perching on the crosswalk, even when they are aware there's no turn on red. There's simply no point to it. My prayers have only been answered a couple of times when a bus had to make a turn at the intersection and Joe Asshat finally realized why that fat white line telling you where to stop was there. ( I always stop at least a car length behind the white line when these jerks do this,stranding them in no man's land, so it's no skin off my nose.)
Flanders feeds me people food.
swishnicholson
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Bucky » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:05 am

I'm often the guy driving the fire truck trying to turn past these asshats. And I'm not convinced they ever realize the error of their ways.

But thanks for posting that. It's long been something that really pissed me off, and i'm happy to learn that there is awareness somewhere.
Bucky
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby thephan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:25 am

Here is something I see every day, and its really just part of the daily DC derby, but still vexing.

Part of my commute I turn off a 4 lane road (side street) onto a 6 lane road (divided secondary highway). At the intersection there are 2 left turn lanes, then a straight/right lane, and finally a right lane. The straight goes into a popeye's chicken, that's it. At least 4 out of 5 days one or more drivers gets into the straight/right lane and turns left.
The time is always right to do what is right. - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
thephan
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby JUburton » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:28 am

thephan wrote:Here is something I see every day, and its really just part of the daily DC derby, but still vexing.

Part of my commute I turn off a 4 lane road (side street) onto a 6 lane road (divided secondary highway). At the intersection there are 2 left turn lanes, then a straight/right lane, and finally a right lane. The straight goes into a popeye's chicken, that's it. At least 4 out of 5 days one or more drivers gets into the straight/right lane and turns left.
Saw something similar getting on to the South Street Bridge from the East after the Eagles parade. The traffic opposite me was completely backed up in the right turn only so a bunch of people from the straight lane just went right also. Surprise, there was an accident right as I was about to turn opposite them. Thankfully I could squeeze by.
JUburton
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby pacino » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:32 am

there's a street in center city Reading where the right lane is left or straight and the left lane is only left. inevitably someone in the left lane will simply go straight, causing either an accident or for the person next to them to have to drive almost the sidewalk to avoid them
thephan wrote:pacino's posting is one of the more important things revealed in weeks.
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP

Re:

Postby Bill McNeal » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:32 am

Bill McNeal wrote:*trucks that take back roads to avoid taking a toll road. Twice in the new year, I've gotten stuck on 611 because a truck that's too wide for the road is getting turned around. Sounds like it would be quick... it's not.
*Trucks on back roads that go 15 in a 45 through non passing zones, then when you get to a passing area speed up making it not good passing conditions.
*For some reason people in Phillipsburg are in love with backing their cars into spots, most are not that good at it.
*People who can not properly deal with a 4 way stop.
*People who have the right of way, when I have a stop and wave at me to go. if you have the right of way just #$!&@ go.
*Not drivers, but walkers:
-Diagonal parking lot walkers, do everyone a favor and walk in straight lines, everyone will get where they're going much faster
-Slow parking lot walkers, honestly don't you have somewhere to be other than strolling across the front of a parking lot?
*Staying in parking lots, people who stop in parking lots to talk on the phone or talk with someone or whatever, but not pull into a spot. You are idling in front of several spots, could you please just pull into one of them and get out of everyones way?
*People who park in front of a store and wait. I'm ok with the drop off/pick up. I've got a kid, I understand its a pain in the ass, but you can't just park your ass their while the person you let out goes in the store, everyone has cell phones, it's not that hard to coordinate a drop of pickup in real time at a store. I know this.
*Jerkoffs who park their escalade or hummer in two spots. get a smaller car dick head.

I'll finish later, I've gotta get back to work

10 years later and I’m still on board with all of this
man I drew all these penises for nothing - housh
Bill McNeal
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Napalm » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:38 am

I am a king of 4 way stops, I operate like an air traffic controller. And that goes for your point about right of way people waving you by too. For as oblivious as drivers are on all your other peeves as they drive for themselves, they seem most timid in these instances.
Napalm

PreviousNext

Return to Here We Go Again!