Florida does a recount and Al Gore wins: Politics

Re: Florida does a recount and Al Gore wins: Politics

Postby Phred » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:09 pm

Just because they didn't wield their power doesn't make it any less despicable that they did what they did.
Phred
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 4006
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:41 pm

Re: Florida does a recount and Al Gore wins: Politics

Postby traderdave » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:41 pm

Roger Dorn wrote:In France if you enact a new gas tax riots ensue and enough pressure is put on the government to reverse course. In America you have a major party that completely subverts and undermines democracy and the will of voters and you get nothing. I don’t blame the Republicans...Americans are completely lethargic and don’t realize that protest works.


I actually think it is entirely appropriate to blame the Republicans. While I understand and agree with the overall sentiment, I think the victim blaming goes a bit too far.
User avatar
traderdave
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor
 
Posts: 7039
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:44 pm
Location: Here

Re: Florida does a recount and Al Gore wins: Politics

Postby pacino » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:50 pm

people in Wisconsin protested like hell, as have people throughout our country. any analysis that denies this is malpractice.
thephan wrote:pacino's posting is one of the more important things revealed in weeks.
User avatar
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP
 
Posts: 73754
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:37 pm
Location: Outside Fultz's Gym Looking For Clues

Re: Florida does a recount and Al Gore wins: Politics

Postby Monkeyboy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:46 pm

The revolution is barely televised
Agnostic dyslexic insomniacs lay awake all night wondering if there is a Dog.
User avatar
Monkeyboy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 24004
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:01 pm
Location: Music City

Re: Florida does a recount and Al Gore wins: Politics

Postby Uncle Milty » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:52 pm

pacino wrote:people in Wisconsin protested like hell, as have people throughout our country. any analysis that denies this is malpractice.

So that's where the Occupy people went.
Drunk and stupid is no way to be remembered but it is an easy way to forget.

Real rap died with the Fat Boys.
User avatar
Uncle Milty
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 19593
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:10 pm
Location: Wardrobe by Botany 500

Re: Florida does a recount and Al Gore wins: Politics

Postby lethal » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:40 pm

The NC09 election fraud is fascinating. https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/ ... come-next/
User avatar
lethal
BSG MVP / ninja
BSG MVP / ninja
 
Posts: 10309
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: zOMGWTFBBQ?

Re: Florida does a recount and Al Gore wins: Politics

Postby CalvinBall » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:18 pm

lethal wrote:The NC09 election fraud is fascinating. https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/ ... come-next/


Harris and company need to go to jail
User avatar
CalvinBall
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 56602
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Out There

Re: Florida does a recount and Al Gore wins: Politics

Postby CalvinBall » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:23 am

Looks like Bakari Sellers may be running for Senate in SC to take on Graham
User avatar
CalvinBall
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 56602
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Out There

Re: Florida does a recount and Al Gore wins: Politics

Postby traderdave » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:03 am

Between the everyday antics of Trump and company, the in broad daylight middle fingers Wisconsin Republicans gave to voters, the gross Republican gerrymandering in multiple districts/states, and the fraud going on in NC, I think our Grifter in Chief has it all wrong about who wants the US to become Venezuela.
User avatar
traderdave
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor
 
Posts: 7039
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:44 pm
Location: Here

Re: Florida does a recount and Al Gore wins: Politics

Postby Werthless » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:53 am

CalvinBall wrote:
lethal wrote:The NC09 election fraud is fascinating. https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/ ... come-next/


Harris and company need to go to jail

You would think that more national GOPers would take the opportunity to demonstrate their bipartisan bona-fides by calling this out.
User avatar
Werthless
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 11288
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Florida does a recount and Al Gore wins: Politics

Postby CalvinBall » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:59 am

Sure *feels* that Beto is going to be the Dem nominee in 2020.

Long way to go obviously.
User avatar
CalvinBall
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 56602
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Out There

Re: Florida does a recount and Al Gore wins: Politics

Postby Monkeyboy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:07 am

CalvinBall wrote:Sure *feels* that Beto is going to be the Dem nominee in 2020.

Long way to go obviously.



I think he'd be a great VP candidate, unless it was for someone boring that he would overshadow. Maybe him and Biden? Biden is old and it could be couched as Bito being the person for 2024.

oh who am I kidding. Once it all comes out that Clinton got screwed, she'll be the dem nominee.
Agnostic dyslexic insomniacs lay awake all night wondering if there is a Dog.
User avatar
Monkeyboy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 24004
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:01 pm
Location: Music City

Re: Florida does a recount and Al Gore wins: Politics

Postby 06hawkalum » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:20 am

06hawkalum
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 702
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:43 pm

Re: Florida does a recount and Al Gore wins: Politics

Postby traderdave » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:55 am

Monkeyboy wrote:
CalvinBall wrote:Sure *feels* that Beto is going to be the Dem nominee in 2020.

Long way to go obviously.



I think he'd be a great VP candidate, unless it was for someone boring that he would overshadow. Maybe him and Biden? Biden is old and it could be couched as Bito being the person for 2024.

oh who am I kidding. Once it all comes out that Clinton got screwed, she'll be the dem nominee.


#$!&@ that.
User avatar
traderdave
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor
 
Posts: 7039
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:44 pm
Location: Here

Re: Florida does a recount and Al Gore wins: Politics

Postby 06hawkalum » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:01 pm

traderdave wrote:
Monkeyboy wrote:
CalvinBall wrote:Sure *feels* that Beto is going to be the Dem nominee in 2020.

Long way to go obviously.



I think he'd be a great VP candidate, unless it was for someone boring that he would overshadow. Maybe him and Biden? Biden is old and it could be couched as Bito being the person for 2024.

oh who am I kidding. Once it all comes out that Clinton got screwed, she'll be the dem nominee.


#$!&@ that.


Yep, that ain't happening.

Also, this "Beto should be VP rather leading the ticket talk" echoes what Dems were saying about Obama in December 2016.
06hawkalum
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 702
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:43 pm

Re: Florida does a recount and Al Gore wins: Politics

Postby The Crimson Cyclone » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:33 pm

Image
FTN wrote: im a dick towards everyone, you're not special.
User avatar
The Crimson Cyclone
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor
 
Posts: 9203
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:48 am

Re: Florida does a recount and Al Gore wins: Politics

Postby Uncle Milty » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:35 pm

there really is one for everything
Drunk and stupid is no way to be remembered but it is an easy way to forget.

Real rap died with the Fat Boys.
User avatar
Uncle Milty
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 19593
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:10 pm
Location: Wardrobe by Botany 500

Re: Florida does a recount and Al Gore wins: Politics

Postby Werthless » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:09 pm

Uncle Milty wrote:there really is one for everything

Well, that one is likely fake.
User avatar
Werthless
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 11288
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Florida does a recount and Al Gore wins: Politics

Postby joboggi » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:16 pm

Hoyer

Harris will not be seated

New election ahead
User avatar
joboggi
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 764
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:16 pm

Re: Florida does a recount and Al Gore wins: Politics

Postby The Crimson Cyclone » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:21 pm

Werthless wrote:
Uncle Milty wrote:there really is one for everything

Well, that one is likely fake.


I really have to stop believing anything I see on Twitter
FTN wrote: im a dick towards everyone, you're not special.
User avatar
The Crimson Cyclone
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor
 
Posts: 9203
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:48 am

PreviousNext

Return to Here We Go Again!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bucky and 6 guests