THE CHALLENGE... It's Back!

Re: THE CHALLENGE... It's Back!

Postby PrattRules » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:36 pm

Napalm wrote:the challenge has remained my last remaining guilty pleasure show that I watch (i like games), and even though it's morphed into something unrecognizable from the OG challenges, i quite enjoyed last nights test of endurance. Bananas and Natalie pretty much in a zoned out meditative state holding their arms up for 5+ hours, which was preceded by an eating challenge of cookies and thick fermented milk that took their partners an hour and a half to complete. Hope the final doesn't suck

...and the final did suck. Run a 5k and eat some nasty food. OK.

Was rooting pretty hard for Joss and Sylvia the entire time, because they seemed like "good people". What a boneheaded decision to give up your control in a million dollar final though. I think the extensions are what I hate most about Ashley.
"Just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it." -George Costanza
PrattRules
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby ReadingPhilly » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:07 pm

Curious why they stopped whatever elimination bananas/tony and Natalie/Paulie were doing, then did another one two days later which was drinking nasty milk and holding your hands above your head.

Challenge twitter is something else too. Saw a bunch of spoilers for the season currently filming in the midst of people arguing.
ReadingPhilly
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!

Postby The Savior » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:20 am

I thought it was very odd that hunter/Ashley were able to use the grenade or at least choose to use it after every other team turned down that opportunity. Knowing that no others were using it was a bigly advantage which made me think that producers knew what Ashley was going to do and wanted that outcome.

But these finals are awful.
On a scale of 1 to Chris Brown, how pissed is he?
The Savior
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way

Postby TempleFan22 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:00 pm

The Savior wrote:I thought it was very odd that hunter/Ashley were able to use the grenade or at least choose to use it after every other team turned down that opportunity. Knowing that no others were using it was a bigly advantage which made me think that producers knew what Ashley was going to do and wanted that outcome.

But these finals are awful.

The Challenge itself sucks nowadays. All the want is drama. The show was much better when it was more about the daily mission/voting/elimination and just a bit of them doing out. Now some episodes are completely centered around a night out. Give me the Duel 3 or Old School vs New School in a team format. Both won't happen.
TempleFan22
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby PrattRules » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:34 pm

I heard the old producer is coming back, so the final might be legit again. Remember the day when it was an accomplishment just to finish (pip)?
PrattRules
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby PrattRules » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:01 pm

I only watched the last 15 minutes of the premier, but I'm all in on this season...again.
PrattRules
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby threecount » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:39 pm

My friends Natalie and Josh are on the new season...heard Josh was eliminated tonight but he says he will be back..
threecount
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby jerseyhoya » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:39 pm

Season seems like it has the makings of something special
jerseyhoya
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Napalm » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:02 pm

There's some strong looking competitors this season and the games look tough, but we've been fooled before. All the strong personalities is gonna make for a ton of #$!&@ drama that dominates most of the show, but at least this thing looks fresher overall. It should be good. Sucks for that mexican dude tho, he looked like a player.
Napalm

Previous

Return to Here We Go Again!