anti-vaccination insanity

Re: anti-vaccination insanity

Postby Werthless » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:33 am

pacino wrote:this was debunkedsome time ago

this guy is a quack

other people can publish papers, too!

In an article, published in Academic Pediatrics, a moderate impact factor peer-reviewed specialty journal, researchers examined aluminum levels compared to infant development for vaccinated and unvaccinated children.

The study followed 85 children aged 9 to 13 months, excluding those who received aluminum-containing pharmaceuticals, were evaluated for blood and hair aluminum levels, vaccination history, and cognitive, language and motor development scores. The authors measured aluminum levels using inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry, a powerful and highly accurate method to measure incredibly small amounts of metals, like aluminum. It can measure aluminum down to 1 in one quadrillion parts, or 1 in 1015.

Let’s keep this simple. The authors found no correlation between infant blood or hair aluminum concentrations and vaccine history or between blood aluminum and overall developmental status. Let me make it more simple – a powerful analytical tool found no evidence that an infant, after numerous vaccinations in their first six months, showed any signs of an additional burden of aluminum. None.

In addition, like has been shown numerous times, they found no difference in blood and hair (see Note 2) aluminum irrespective of the number of vaccines. It’s possible that there is simply a background level of aluminum in all children (and presumably adults), because of the ubiquitousness of aluminum in the environment.

That said, it would not surprise me if, at some point in the future, scientists discover a small subset of people with genetic sensitivities to aluminum. that would exempt them from the standard vaccination schedule.
Werthless
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Monkeyboy » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:47 pm

There are a lot of organisms that have problems with aluminum, so it also wouldn't surprise me. It's a neurotoxin and has been shown to cause memory loss in people exposed to it in drinking water, etc, and there a bunch of other suspected problems with it. Seems like a good thing to not inject into our children's bodies or to use in other products, etc. Seems like we could find a better adjuvant for the non-live vaccines, though the amount of aluminum is very small compared to what we get in our modern diet. It's probably not a problem for most people, but I would like it placed in the better safe than sorry category.
Agnostic dyslexic insomniacs lay awake all night wondering if there is a Dog.
Monkeyboy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby pacino » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:47 pm

Does this mean it's the tin foil hats that are the real culprit
thephan wrote:pacino's posting is one of the more important things revealed in weeks.
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP

Postby Monkeyboy » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:51 pm

possibly, if you eat the hat afterwards.

It's a pretty bad neurotoxin. It's what kills fish in areas hit by acid rain. And it's been linked to a variety of neurodegenerative diseases, though not proven because it's very hard to trace biologically. Also can cause kidney problems, etc. I would rather eat aluminum than lead or mercury though.
Agnostic dyslexic insomniacs lay awake all night wondering if there is a Dog.
Monkeyboy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby TenuredVulture » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:35 pm

pacino wrote:Does this mean it's the tin foil hats that are the real culprit

I don't think tin foil hats expose people to aluminum. But aluminum foil hats might.
Be Bold!
TenuredVulture
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!

Postby Augustus » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:03 pm

This point has probably been made upthread and is a bit tangential to the topic, but all of the “vaccines cause autism” insanity is not only wrong, but also incredibly demeaning to people with autism. I know many of them who lead happy, productive lives. The idea that bringing back killers like measles and polio would be worth it to avoid ASD is offensive, beyond its untruth.
Augustus
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby joboggi » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:52 pm

There is a new Six in one vaccine for 2,4, and 6 months. This will help a lot.

One shot instead of four.

The 6 in 1 vaccine protects your baby against six diseases: diphtheria, hepatitis B, haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib), pertussis (whooping cough), polio and tetanus.

1,4 and 6 have been in one shot for a long time. There are immunizations that cover Four and five of these diseases in one shot.

There are other immunizations, Google the list prn. There is not just one shot, but it is now streamlined a bit. ( From an enormous number in the first 15 months to more than a few.

The one non study regarding immunization side effects was retracted long ago.

In addition there are tons of studies showing they are safe.
joboggi
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby thephan » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:21 am

Some colony of anti-vaxers near Portland, Or, across the line in Washington state have 22 known cases of Measles at the moment. They've declared an "emergency". Will anyone on the crazy anti-vaccination planet notice?
If you got those mad internet skills like Rudy Giuliani and cannot figure out if something is true, try > clicking here < and typing in the four most relevant words from a post.
thephan
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby thephan » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:03 am

Well, the cotangent broke out. A 50 year old man traveling through Vancouver, Washington (this is north or Portland, where the actual outbreak is) got measles. Good job bad humans.

I am good with personal freedoms, but lets put some controls in place so that mine are not invaded. Maybe put all these folks on some type of leper island since the cure is being rejected, or maybe an island like the place in the indian ocean that is separate from civilization. They are not likely to get any diseases, and we will be safe from them. Just remember to burn the boats they come in on.
If you got those mad internet skills like Rudy Giuliani and cannot figure out if something is true, try > clicking here < and typing in the four most relevant words from a post.
thephan
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby thephan » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:05 am

Meanwhile, Minnesota Department of Health is investigating a tuberculosis outbreak among eight people associated with Minnesota State University.
thephan
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby TenuredVulture » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:44 am

thephan wrote:Well, the cotangent broke out. A 50 year old man traveling through Vancouver, Washington (this is north or Portland, where the actual outbreak is) got measles. Good job bad humans.

I am good with personal freedoms, but lets put some controls in place so that mine are not invaded. Maybe put all these folks on some type of leper island since the cure is being rejected, or maybe an island like the place in the indian ocean that is separate from civilization. They are not likely to get any diseases, and we will be safe from them. Just remember to burn the boats they come in on.

Around the time I was starting grad school (1990) measles was breaking on college campuses. Not because people weren't getting vaccinated, but because the vaccine used between 1963-1967 was a killed virus vaccine, and people were still vulnerable to "atypical" measles. Before enrolling, I had to get a second measles vaccine. So that's probably why this guy who was 50 got it. He had a vaccine, but it wasn't strong enough. Had he gone to grad school, he probably would have had the second shot that would've protected him.
Be Bold!
TenuredVulture

Postby Uncle Milty » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:50 am

Just one more example of how the academic elites destroyed america
Drunk and stupid is no way to be remembered but it is an easy way to forget.

But I took them away from all that. Now they work for me.
Uncle Milty
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby thephan » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:31 pm

TenuredVulture wrote: So that's probably why this guy who was 50 got it. He had a vaccine, but it wasn't strong enough. Had he gone to grad school, he probably would have had the second shot that would've protected him.

That and the morons in that southern Washington anti-vax oasis that have over 20 cases in the geolocation where he passed though. FWIW I did get a MMR bump a few years ago based on the reason TV lays out.
thephan
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby thephan » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:14 pm

As of Saturday, there are 32 confirmed cases of measles in Washington — an outbreak that has already prompted Gov. Jay Inslee to declare a state of emergency.

Moving on up... Morons.

There was a story on NBC news about the problem. In California Doctors are selling services to write medical reasons for skipping vaccines. One was $92, another was like $150, then there was a granddaddy of these which was $300/quarter! CA reported that they have ~20% of schools without vaccines. What type of medical reasons you ask? Food sensitivities, seasonal allergies, contusions, etc. The CA law apparently only states that a medical opinion is required, not that the opinion has any relativity to a condition related to the vaccine nor does it require that there is a medical reason for the vaccine to be deferred.
thephan
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby joboggi » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:54 am

Top ten World Health Organization threats to world health.

Anti vaccination trends.

This is the real WHO.
joboggi
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby Bucky » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:05 pm

Bucky
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Werthless » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:07 pm

ratio'd
Werthless
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Soren » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:39 pm

that can't be real
I had a meeting at the Pentagon with lots of generals. They were like from a movie. Better looking than Tom Cruise & stronger.
Soren
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way

Postby traderdave » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:54 pm

Get her a better mother.
traderdave
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor

Postby thephan » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:11 pm

Over 50 cases of Measles in southern Washington, almost a dozen cases of Mumps in the Texas prison system, anybody got Rubella to win the trifecta?
thephan
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

PreviousNext

Return to Here We Go Again!