♪ VACATION all I ever wanted ♫

♪ VACATION all I ever wanted ♫

Postby Bucky » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:32 pm

HAD TO GET AWAY
User avatar
Bucky
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 50421
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:24 pm
Location: You_Still_Have_To_Visit_Us

Re: ♪ VACATION all I ever wanted ♫

Postby Rev_Beezer » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:40 pm

I would take Jane over Belinda.
Together we will win this game against the evil Space Yankees! Eat Fresh!
User avatar
Rev_Beezer
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 7112
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:14 pm
Location: Shamokin, PA

Re: ♪ VACATION all I ever wanted ♫

Postby The B1G Piece » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:49 pm

going to Maui for approximately 9 days. Staying in Lahiana for 6 nights and Makena for 2 nights. Road to Hana is a must. Any other suggestions are appreciated, especially where to golf at a decent rate.
User avatar
The B1G Piece
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 10784
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 12:11 pm
Location: Tucson

Re: ♪ VACATION all I ever wanted ♫

Postby Soren » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:51 am

need to find a spot for my wife and I this September. Trying to find something driveable and vaguely rural. We did New England for the honeymoon so I'm not sure I want to drive north again
I had a meeting at the Pentagon with lots of generals. They were like from a movie. Better looking than Tom Cruise & stronger.
User avatar
Soren
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way
 
Posts: 39292
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 12:44 pm
Location: area x

Re: ♪ VACATION all I ever wanted ♫

Postby TomatoPie » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:15 am

The B1G Piece wrote:going to Maui for approximately 9 days. Staying in Lahiana for 6 nights and Makena for 2 nights. Road to Hana is a must. Any other suggestions are appreciated, especially where to golf at a decent rate.



fly into Hana on a puddle jumper and rent a car there. You want to do the drive, but not both ways. And stay at least one night in Hana.
Kill the chicken to scare the monkey
User avatar
TomatoPie
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 4721
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:18 pm
Location: Delaware Valley

Re: ♪ VACATION all I ever wanted ♫

Postby Grotewold » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:44 am

Seeking recs for late August Los Angeles
User avatar
Grotewold
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 48076
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:40 am

Re: ♪ VACATION all I ever wanted ♫

Postby Woody » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:50 am

Grotewold wrote:Seeking recs for late August Los Angeles


Image
you sure do seem to have a lot of time on your hands to be on this forum? Do you have a job? Are you a shut-in?
User avatar
Woody
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 52096
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:56 pm
Location: captain of the varsity slut team

Re: ♪ VACATION all I ever wanted ♫

Postby Grotewold » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:54 am

Could of at least shopped McAdams in
User avatar
Grotewold
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 48076
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:40 am

Re: ♪ VACATION all I ever wanted ♫

Postby The B1G Piece » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:14 pm

TomatoPie wrote:
The B1G Piece wrote:going to Maui for approximately 9 days. Staying in Lahiana for 6 nights and Makena for 2 nights. Road to Hana is a must. Any other suggestions are appreciated, especially where to golf at a decent rate.



fly into Hana on a puddle jumper and rent a car there. You want to do the drive, but not both ways. And stay at least one night in Hana.

thanks, this is a good idea.
User avatar
The B1G Piece
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 10784
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 12:11 pm
Location: Tucson

Re: ♪ VACATION all I ever wanted ♫

Postby TomatoPie » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:14 pm

The B1G Piece wrote:
TomatoPie wrote:
The B1G Piece wrote:going to Maui for approximately 9 days. Staying in Lahiana for 6 nights and Makena for 2 nights. Road to Hana is a must. Any other suggestions are appreciated, especially where to golf at a decent rate.



fly into Hana on a puddle jumper and rent a car there. You want to do the drive, but not both ways. And stay at least one night in Hana.

thanks, this is a good idea.

Been a while since I been there, but much of Hawaii is like Florida or the Caribbean, except with more pineapple and rocky useless beaches. Hana, though, is more like Capt Cook's Hawaii, but with one wondefully low key resort. Black sand, waterfalls, native flowers.

Listen to Loggins & Messina's "Full Sail" LP before you go to Lahaina. It also is great to get to the top of the volcano at sunrise. I think you can rent bikes to ride down.
Kill the chicken to scare the monkey
User avatar
TomatoPie
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 4721
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:18 pm
Location: Delaware Valley

Re: ♪ VACATION all I ever wanted ♫

Postby TomatoPie » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:15 pm

Grotewold wrote:Seeking recs for late August Los Angeles


Didn't we cover this in another thread?

Beyond the funky old steakhouse in Koreatown, get to a Dodgers game if you haven't been to one.
Kill the chicken to scare the monkey
User avatar
TomatoPie
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 4721
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:18 pm
Location: Delaware Valley

Re: ♪ VACATION all I ever wanted ♫

Postby The B1G Piece » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:09 pm

TomatoPie wrote:
The B1G Piece wrote:
TomatoPie wrote:
The B1G Piece wrote:going to Maui for approximately 9 days. Staying in Lahiana for 6 nights and Makena for 2 nights. Road to Hana is a must. Any other suggestions are appreciated, especially where to golf at a decent rate.



fly into Hana on a puddle jumper and rent a car there. You want to do the drive, but not both ways. And stay at least one night in Hana.

thanks, this is a good idea.

Been a while since I been there, but much of Hawaii is like Florida or the Caribbean, except with more pineapple and rocky useless beaches. Hana, though, is more like Capt Cook's Hawaii, but with one wondefully low key resort. Black sand, waterfalls, native flowers.

Listen to Loggins & Messina's "Full Sail" LP before you go to Lahaina. It also is great to get to the top of the volcano at sunrise. I think you can rent bikes to ride down.

On the bike front, recent reports is the weather is very unlucky and the bike ride has been very dangerous as a result.

We've done the three other major islands, so we're looking forward to Hana because of it's incredible uniqueness.
User avatar
The B1G Piece
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 10784
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 12:11 pm
Location: Tucson

Re: ♪ VACATION all I ever wanted ♫

Postby Rev_Beezer » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:30 pm

Recommendations for Miami in October with a small Bahamas cruise in the middle
Together we will win this game against the evil Space Yankees! Eat Fresh!
User avatar
Rev_Beezer
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 7112
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:14 pm
Location: Shamokin, PA

Re: ♪ VACATION all I ever wanted ♫

Postby Houshphandzadeh » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:33 am

check out the beach
User avatar
Houshphandzadeh
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 63898
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:15 pm
Location: nascar victory

Re: ♪ VACATION all I ever wanted ♫

Postby The Dude » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:35 am

Miami is so bizarre. I was walking along one of the main strips, looked up, and saw a porn being filmed on a balcony. I went jogging in the morning, and saw a porn star i recognized jogging on the beach
BSG HOF '25
User avatar
The Dude
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 27967
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:04 pm
Location: 250 52nd st

Re: ♪ VACATION all I ever wanted ♫

Postby pacino » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:36 am

did you get an autograph
thephan wrote:pacino's posting is one of the more important things revealed in weeks.
User avatar
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP
 
Posts: 74149
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:37 pm
Location: Outside Fultz's Gym Looking For Clues

Re: ♪ VACATION all I ever wanted ♫

Postby Soren » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:40 am

Asheville NC is cool right? And the mountains are nice?
I had a meeting at the Pentagon with lots of generals. They were like from a movie. Better looking than Tom Cruise & stronger.
User avatar
Soren
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way
 
Posts: 39292
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 12:44 pm
Location: area x

Re: ♪ VACATION all I ever wanted ♫

Postby TomatoPie » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:42 am

The B1G Piece wrote:On the bike front, recent reports is the weather is very unlucky and the bike ride has been very dangerous as a result.

We've done the three other major islands, so we're looking forward to Hana because of it's incredible uniqueness.


Well - you are going up through the cloud layer - pretty cool when you emerge on the upside. But yeah, biking in the cloud fog could be risky bidniss. Drive it both ways - that's what I did.

You're gonna wish you had more time in Hana.
Kill the chicken to scare the monkey
User avatar
TomatoPie
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 4721
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:18 pm
Location: Delaware Valley

Re: ♪ VACATION all I ever wanted ♫

Postby CalvinBall » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:43 am

i have friends who have vacationed there and loved it
User avatar
CalvinBall
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 57565
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Out There

Re: ♪ VACATION all I ever wanted ♫

Postby ReadingPhilly » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:44 am

Rev_Beezer wrote:Recommendations for Miami in October with a small Bahamas cruise in the middle


walk along one of the main strips and jog on the beach.
User avatar
ReadingPhilly
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 54474
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:32 pm

Next

Return to Here We Go Again!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jerseyhoya and 10 guests