♪ VACATION all I ever wanted ♫

Re: ♪ VACATION all I ever wanted ♫

Postby Uncle Milty » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:51 pm

Convertible sounds like the way to go for the PCH
Drunk and stupid is no way to be remembered but it is an easy way to forget.

But I took them away from all that. Now they work for me.
Uncle Milty
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby PrattRules » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:19 pm

mickbayne wrote:
PrattRules wrote:Booked my tickets for the US Open at Pebble Beach with friends. Plan to hike half dome (if i can secure a permit), do San Fran a few days, and then take the long drive down the Pacific Coast Highway to San Diego. Wonder if it would be worth paying the extra $40 a day for a charger.

Sounds amazing!! Regarding the Charger, how many people would be doing the drive with you? To me the biggest appeal about the PCH is the views, and I can't imagine the back seat of a Charger being conducive to taking it all in. There are also lots of curves and will probably be a decent amount of traffic at times, so it's not like you'll be able to go wide open throttle or anything. You'll probably want to take it slow and pull off to the side at a bunch of vista points. I'd probably go with a small to mid-sized SUV.

Duly noted on the car selection.

CalvinBall wrote:Dang. How long are you gone-- 2 weeks?

11 days.
"Just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it." -George Costanza
PrattRules
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby PrattRules » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:19 pm

Uncle Milty wrote:Convertible sounds like the way to go for the PCH

prices look to be prohibitive.
"Just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it." -George Costanza
PrattRules
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Uncle Milty » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:24 pm

Is it legal to ride in the bed of a pickup in Cali?

Uncle Milty
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby The B1G Piece » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:50 pm

I'm trying to wiggle my way out for the US Open at Pebble, don't think I can swing it this year. Going to wait for Torrey Pines.
The B1G Piece
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Slowhand » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:13 am

Uncle Milty wrote:Is it legal to ride in the bed of a pickup in Cali?

According to this lawyer guy:

California addresses the hazards of riding in cargo areas by restricting all riders, with just a few exceptions. According to California law, you cannot ride in the bed of a truck unless you comply with one of these situations:

A federal-approved restraint system restrains you while in the bed of the truck.

You are riding in a farmer-owned vehicle driven only on farming land or on one mile of highway between one part of a farm to another.

You are in a parade (as long as the vehicle does not drive over eight miles per hour).

You have an emergency situation that calls for the need to ride in the bed of a truck.

This other lawyer guy says this:

§21712(b)) No person driving a pickup truck or flatbed motor truck shall transport a person in or on the back thereof unless the passenger is restrained by a Federally approved restraint system. (Veh. Code §23116(a) and (c)) No person shall ride in or on the back of a pickup truck or flatbed motortruck unless they are restrained by a Federally approved restraint system. (Veh. Code §23116(b) and (c)).
How dare you interrupt my Lime Rickey!
Slowhand
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Phred » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:22 am

PrattRules wrote:Booked my tickets for the US Open at Pebble Beach with friends. Plan to hike half dome (if i can secure a permit), do San Fran a few days, and then take the long drive down the Pacific Coast Highway to San Diego. Wonder if it would be worth paying the extra $40 a day for a charger.

Seems like a lot of $. Can't you bring an extra with you in your carry on? You could probably pick up a cheap car adapter at any convenience store if necessary, too. What kind of phone do you have?
Phred
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby Uncle Milty » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:32 am

Slowhand wrote:
Uncle Milty wrote:Is it legal to ride in the bed of a pickup in Cali?

According to this lawyer guy:

California addresses the hazards of riding in cargo areas by restricting all riders, with just a few exceptions. According to California law, you cannot ride in the bed of a truck unless you comply with one of these situations:

A federal-approved restraint system restrains you while in the bed of the truck.

You are riding in a farmer-owned vehicle driven only on farming land or on one mile of highway between one part of a farm to another.

You are in a parade (as long as the vehicle does not drive over eight miles per hour).

You have an emergency situation that calls for the need to ride in the bed of a truck.

This other lawyer guy says this:

§21712(b)) No person driving a pickup truck or flatbed motor truck shall transport a person in or on the back thereof unless the passenger is restrained by a Federally approved restraint system. (Veh. Code §23116(a) and (c)) No person shall ride in or on the back of a pickup truck or flatbed motortruck unless they are restrained by a Federally approved restraint system. (Veh. Code §23116(b) and (c)).

Guess the country convertible isn't an option either then.

Uncle Milty
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby azrider » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:04 pm

CalvinBall wrote:
Phred wrote:
CalvinBall wrote:has anyone gone to glacier national park? what airport did you fly to?

Flew into Missoula, stayed overnight and drove to Glacier the next day.

I have a cousin in Missoula that we stayed with so it may not be the most convenient for the general riff-raff.

seems like the biggest airport that is somewhat close?

there is another, kalispell, but looks pretty tiny.

beware of short runways/small planes in a mountainous or high elevation area unless you really like adventure. flew into telluride and eagle county... never again.
azrider
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor

Previous

Return to Here We Go Again!