Soups, BBQ, Knives and Pans: The Chef Thread

Re: Soups, BBQ, Knives and Pans: The Chef Thread

Postby CalvinBall » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:02 am

Uncle Milty wrote:I'm just busting your chops. I was serious about not being 100% convinced it was your choice in flour. It's a high probability but not the only one. The yeast is a flag for me. The 'rapid rise' yeasts are really intended for one quick rise.

Yeah. The fermentated dough was super bubbly. Was pretty happy overall with it. Definitely want to switch the yeast up.

Was hard to figure out how much active yeast/water to use. Recipe called for less than a gram of yeast.
CalvinBall
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!

Postby The Crimson Cyclone » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:10 am

CalvinBall wrote:
Uncle Milty wrote:I'm just busting your chops. I was serious about not being 100% convinced it was your choice in flour. It's a high probability but not the only one. The yeast is a flag for me. The 'rapid rise' yeasts are really intended for one quick rise.

Yeah. The fermentated dough was super bubbly. Was pretty happy overall with it. Definitely want to switch the yeast up.

Was hard to figure out how much active yeast/water to use. Recipe called for less than a gram of yeast.

if you have the packets, one packet is 7g or 1/4oz or 2 1/4tsp
FTN wrote: im a dick towards everyone, you're not special.
The Crimson Cyclone
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor

Postby CalvinBall » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:12 am

The Crimson Cyclone wrote:
CalvinBall wrote:

i didnt explain well. it said to dissolve 2 1/4 tsp in i believe a 1/4 cup of water. since i needed less than a 1/4 tsp of yeast it was hard to figure out how much water to dissolve that in. just such a small amount of water. i had no way of measuring it.
CalvinBall

Postby The Crimson Cyclone » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:45 am

CalvinBall wrote:
The Crimson Cyclone wrote:
CalvinBall wrote:

i didnt explain well. it said to dissolve 2 1/4 tsp in i believe a 1/4 cup of water. since i needed less than a 1/4 tsp of yeast it was hard to figure out how much water to dissolve that in. just such a small amount of water. i had no way of measuring it.

1/4cup=4tbsp=12tsp

you were cutting it by 1/9
so 1 1/4tsp or 1 1/2tsp would have been fine enough
FTN wrote: im a dick towards everyone, you're not special.
The Crimson Cyclone
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor

Previous

Return to Here We Go Again!