Hail to the Kief: the BSG Weed Threat

Re: Hail to the Kief: the BSG Weed Threat

Postby Monkeyboy » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:31 pm

06hawkalum wrote:
Luzinski's Gut wrote:Would just like to say the pain management construct in the state of Maryland sucks dead donkey dick. My wife now has to make a choice between medical MJ and low grade opiates like Tramadol.

I am writing a letter to the Governor, my wife is on her way to being paralyzed slowly due to her genetic disease, is becoming depressed, and now is given this #$!&@ up Sophie's Choice on what she can use without knowing how the medical MJ is going to work.

So #$!&@ angry right now.

Maybe an alternative, maybe not, but I'll throw it out there:

Thoughts on driving up to MA and loading up on rec?

Caveat: I am neither a doctor, nor am I encouraging her to go against her doctor's advice.

yeh, I'd find some and try it out on the side. I think the chance of getting caught and in trouble is very small and even smaller if you have a reasonable police officer with an ounce of empathy.
Agnostic dyslexic insomniacs lay awake all night wondering if there is a Dog.
Monkeyboy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Luzinski's Gut » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:54 pm

The issue is that her pain management clinic make all their patients take urinalysis every time they come to get a new script for pain meds. If they find THC and tramadol, they won't prescribe any more tramadol, place her on a black list and she will only have access to medical MJ...which is a nice thing to have, but it doesn't have the same pain killing effects she requires due to the nature of the neuropathic pain from the genetic disease.
"Of all of Ruben's gifts, the ability to simultaneously punch 4 million people in the dick is probably his most impressive." Endless Summer
Luzinski's Gut
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby 06hawkalum » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:10 pm

Luzinski's Gut wrote:The issue is that her pain management clinic make all their patients take urinalysis every time they come to get a new script for pain meds. If they find THC and tramadol, they won't prescribe any more tramadol, place her on a black list and she will only have access to medical MJ...which is a nice thing to have, but it doesn't have the same pain killing effects she requires due to the nature of the neuropathic pain from the genetic disease.

That's awful. Hopefully your advocacy will help change that provision, which sounds like it was authored by the pharmaceutical lobby.
06hawkalum
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby Uncle Milty » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:33 pm

It's only tramadol. Is that the clinic's policy or part of the medical marijuana law?
Drunk and stupid is no way to be remembered but it is an easy way to forget.

But I took them away from all that. Now they work for me.
Uncle Milty
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby momadance » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:24 pm

Started getting medicinal in the last few weeks. Busted out the launch box for the first time in probably 2 months. Holy #$!&@ was I lifted. My girlfriend has been going through tests for lymphoma. First time in a few weeks she hasn't been in pain.
Titlehungry wrote:Nice celebration... whole team peed on the fans in honor or Tate's acquisition
momadance
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby momadance » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:26 pm

Uncle Milty wrote:It's only tramadol. Is that the clinic's policy or part of the medical marijuana law?

Probably state law. NJ's law was pretty #$!&@ for awhile too. While it's not ideal at the moment, it's much better than it was when MMJ started here.
Titlehungry wrote:Nice celebration... whole team peed on the fans in honor or Tate's acquisition
momadance
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Uncle Milty » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:13 pm

These laws aren't working when people with legitimate needs suffer.

Thought it was bad when I couldn't get my full prescription because the PA wrote the refill instead of my doctor but I only had to make another trip to the office.

Uncle Milty
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Luzinski's Gut » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:50 pm

Apparently it's the policy of the doctor, she had to see the PA.

My wife is a PA and used to work in a rheumatology clinic which is probably is the second most popular medical specialty for pain meds, so this drives her insane. She would have to prescribe pain meds in the hundreds for people with serious genetic diseases which led to massive neuropathy.

Milty is 100% correct in my opinion. The policies don't work when people are in legitimate pain and can't get relief from just a single substance. The pill mill docs really #$!&@ a lot of people with serious pain issues.
"Of all of Ruben's gifts, the ability to simultaneously punch 4 million people in the dick is probably his most impressive." Endless Summer
Luzinski's Gut
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby Bucky » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:47 pm

so do cbd edibles give pain relief
Bucky
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby The Crimson Cyclone » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:01 am

Bucky wrote:so do cbd edibles give pain relief

To a lesser extent, it certainly helps relax you. The combo of cbd and thc is more effective (in my wife’s experience)
FTN wrote: im a dick towards everyone, you're not special.
The Crimson Cyclone
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor

Postby Grotewold » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:03 pm

My sister gave me one of those Pax device apparati
and a weed oil cartridge (?), this blessed Christmas
Grotewold
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Bill McNeal » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:09 pm

See you on the other side grote
man I drew all these penises for nothing - housh
Bill McNeal
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Grotewold » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:14 pm

Bill McNeal wrote:See you on the other side grote

this thing
Grotewold
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Warszawa » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:23 pm

State Senate Majority Leader Jake Corman’s response to gov Wolf’s willingness to allow recreational pot use:

“the governor’s new position on the issue of legalizing marijuana for recreational use is reckless and irresponsible,” Corman said in a statement.

“Recreational marijuana is a mind-altering narcotic which will harm our youth as it is a depressant and a gateway drug to other illegal substances," Corman continued. "Combine that with a lack of credible research on the societal costs and opposition from prosecutors, the medical community and law enforcement and you have the makings of a catastrophe.”
Fight This Generation
Warszawa
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Warszawa » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:30 pm

Warszawa wrote:State Senate Majority Leader Jake Corman’s response to gov Wolf’s willingness to allow recreational pot use:

“the governor’s new position on the issue of legalizing marijuana for recreational use is reckless and irresponsible,” Corman said in a statement.

“Recreational marijuana is a mind-altering narcotic which will harm our youth as it is a depressant and a gateway drug to other illegal substances," Corman continued. "Combine that with a lack of credible research on the societal costs and opposition from prosecutors, the medical community and law enforcement and you have the makings of a catastrophe.”

Looks like PA will be losing out on revenue that will instead go to almost every state surrounding them.
Fight This Generation
Warszawa
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby momadance » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:52 pm

Got a 250mg lollipop. Ate about a quarter. Eagles won. I can't move.
momadance
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Napalm » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:56 pm

momadance wrote:Got a 250mg lollipop. Ate about a quarter. Eagles won. I can't move.

A quarter is like 200 percent of the recommended dosage. Good Job Good Win
Napalm
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!

Postby Uncle Milty » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:00 pm

Warszawa wrote:
Warszawa wrote:State Senate Majority Leader Jake Corman’s response to gov Wolf’s willingness to allow recreational pot use:

Looks like PA will be losing out on revenue that will instead go to almost every state surrounding them.

Must be a new push. After a story early in the week about medical possibly coming to the Carolinas soon there was a piece this morning about how dangerous it remains.

Uncle Milty
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Monkeyboy » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:57 am

Napalm wrote:
momadance wrote:Got a 250mg lollipop. Ate about a quarter. Eagles won. I can't move.

who the hell eats 1/8 of a lollipop? Are you supposed to rewrap it in some wax paper or share it with 7 friends?
Agnostic dyslexic insomniacs lay awake all night wondering if there is a Dog.
Monkeyboy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Phred » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:40 am

Monkeyboy wrote:
Napalm wrote:

who the hell eats 1/8 of a lollipop? Are you supposed to rewrap it in some wax paper or share it with 7 friends?

Lick, pass, lick, pass, repeat.
Phred
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

PreviousNext

Return to Here We Go Again!