CC Churning, Points Earning, The Financial Thread

Re: CC Churning, Points Earning, The Financial Thread

Postby mickbayne » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:52 pm

heyeaglefn wrote:
Uncle Milty wrote:Searching hasn't provided the answer so I'll ask y'all. Especially since Robin Hood's 3% thing seems dead.

Do any brokers pay decent interest on cash? Or is something like Ally's 2.2 APY on savings and a transfer to a brokerage account when needed the best option?

I know Vanguard has one, I saw some talk about it on Bogleheads and I have some funds in it, I'll have to log on to find the ticker name. I think it is like 2.2%

VMFXX?
Another day, another box of stolen pens.
mickbayne
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby mickbayne » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:06 pm

I have brokerage accounts with Fidelity and Vanguard. At Fidelity they have a "core position" and Vanguard has a "settlement fund". In both cases they are used for holding cash that isn't actually invested, like when you transfer in from a checking or savings account, when you sell a stock/mutual fund/ETF, or when you receive dividends and haven't elected to reinvest them. Fidelity gives you the option for selecting SPAXX or FZFXX as your core position. It seems the only option for Vanguard's settlement fund is VMFXX.
Another day, another box of stolen pens.
mickbayne
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Uncle Milty » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:25 pm

Thanks everyone.

Fidelity's the convenient option for me since my main 401k is there. Might make sense to split my little piggybank between that and a high yield savings. Probably should research bonus offers next.
Drunk and stupid is no way to be remembered but it is an easy way to forget.

But I took them away from all that. Now they work for me.
Uncle Milty
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby heyeaglefn » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:38 pm

Been using my points and swag bucks a lot to make lots of money through money maker deals. If anyone is interested in a referral to my points let me know. For example the last one I just did was a meal delivery service that was like a $30 money maker, but there have been dozens of others ones I have done. Easy money.
heyeaglefn
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Previous

Return to Here We Go Again!