BSG Hall of Fame Year 9 - Discussion

Re: BSG Hall of Fame Year 9 - Discussion

Postby jerseyhoya » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:20 pm

We had 8 day 1 votes last year. Only 2 today so far. Almost like some other things popped up worth talking about.
jerseyhoya
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby swishnicholson » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:39 pm

Hard to believe Shore, TV and joe table didn't get in long ago.
Which part? And who are you?
swishnicholson
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Bucky » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:55 pm

bsg loves the counting stats
Bucky
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby thephan » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:15 pm

ThreeCount - DiM disappeared again so you do not need to vote him in so he doesn't post anymore (it doesn't always work anyway)
If you got those mad internet skills like Rudy Giuliani and cannot figure out if something is true, try > clicking here < and typing in the four most relevant words from a post.
thephan
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby thephan » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:17 pm

jerseyhoya wrote:We had 8 day 1 votes last year. Only 2 today so far. Almost like some other things popped up worth talking about.

I like to vote long a I've maximized my surliness.
If you got those mad internet skills like Rudy Giuliani and cannot figure out if something is true, try > clicking here < and typing in the four most relevant words from a post.
thephan
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby mickbayne » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:25 pm

threecount! you voted for a three count of already-elected posters
Another day, another box of stolen pens.
mickbayne
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby threecount » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:48 pm

mickbayne wrote:threecount! you voted for a three count of already-elected posters

Ugh, see that they are so special they should be elected again! Sorry, I just went off the list...I figured if they were on the list, they weren't elected already.
threecount
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby thephan » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:50 pm

that's why I harangued JH in the thread opener. Making it hard on us. Some kind of mind ninja.
thephan
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby momadance » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:51 pm

Just gonna vote for everyone from the weed thread. You da real HOF'rs
Titlehungry wrote:Nice celebration... whole team peed on the fans in honor or Tate's acquisition
momadance
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Napalm » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:09 pm

momadance wrote:Just gonna vote for everyone from the weed thread. You da real HOF'rs

lol
Napalm
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!

Postby jerseyhoya » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:07 am

threecount wrote:
mickbayne wrote:threecount! you voted for a three count of already-elected posters

Ugh, see that they are so special they should be elected again! Sorry, I just went off the list...I figured if they were on the list, they weren't elected already.

I sent you a message earlier (before mickbayne blew up your spot!) asking if you wanted to switch the three you voted for. You can respond to that or answer here or whatever who you'd like to swap in (if anyone).
jerseyhoya
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby jerseyhoya » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:07 am

thephan wrote:that's why I harangued JH in the thread opener. Making it hard on us. Some kind of mind ninja.

I think it's pretty easy? There is an instruction of who is eligible for induction on the page. And it literally says right there who is in the Hall of Fame who you can't vote for. The list is of people who are allowed to vote, not of people who you can vote for.. (People are eligible for induction who aren't on the voter list like karn or Barry Jive or dajafi or many other legends who no longer grace us with their presence, also posters like phorever who don't have enough posts to vote but whine about it but do actually post about the Phillies in an interesting way that asshat like me do not).
jerseyhoya
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby jerseyhoya » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:46 am

Replaced the one open spot on my ballot from swish's ascendancy with Napalm, who I think is criminally undervalued from last year's tally. Many others deserving and wish we had moved to 15 spots a few years ago, but I lost that fight. FWIW was between him and Soren for my new spot. Anyhow, I will revise if one of the deserving gents (Soren, Rev Beez, PTK) are in play late and need the vote.
jerseyhoya
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby thephan » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:58 am

jerseyhoya wrote:
thephan wrote:that's why I harangued JH in the thread opener. Making it hard on us. Some kind of mind ninja.

I think it's pretty easy? There is an instruction of who is eligible for induction on the page. And it literally says right there who is in the Hall of Fame who you can't vote for. The list is of people who are allowed to vote, not of people who you can vote for.. (People are eligible for induction who aren't on the voter list like karn or Barry Jive or dajafi or many other legends who no longer grace us with their presence, also posters like phorever who don't have enough posts to vote but whine about it but do actually post about the Phillies in an interesting way that asshat like me do not).

Recurse to my surly post.
thephan
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Napalm » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:30 am

jerseyhoya wrote:Replaced the one open spot on my ballot from swish's ascendancy with Napalm, who I think is criminally undervalued from last year's tally. Many others deserving and wish we had moved to 15 spots a few years ago, but I lost that fight. FWIW was between him and Soren for my new spot. Anyhow, I will revise if one of the deserving gents (Soren, Rev Beez, PTK) are in play late and need the vote.

jh i never knew you felt that way, thank you. I feel like everyone is more deserving than me including the 3 posters you mentioned so hopefully someone is in play late and we have an induction this year. The last few years I've been tally'd up right alongside moma and that's somewhere I'm proud to be.

i will say i liked your mention of the word tradition in the opening post. Tradition can be comforting and grounding, and amidst all the changing that occurs over time, it's a nice reminder to reflect and pay your respects to BSG and our evolution with it. I like this place and i can't escape it
Napalm

Postby Uncle Milty » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:33 am

Need a way to put PiP in posthumously.

Haven't decided my criteria for this year. Might go full Z ipper.

Oh and all you militant libtards have at JH in the politics threads since he obviously doesn't appreciate my moderation efforts!
Drunk and stupid is no way to be remembered but it is an easy way to forget.

But I took them away from all that. Now they work for me.
Uncle Milty
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby thephan » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:35 am

I still love you milty
thephan
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby momadance » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:27 am

Uncle Milty wrote:Need a way to put PiP in posthumously.

Oh and all you militant libtards have at JH in the politics threads since he obviously doesn't appreciate my moderation efforts!

Are we positive he passed away?
Titlehungry wrote:Nice celebration... whole team peed on the fans in honor or Tate's acquisition
momadance
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby threecount » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:56 am

jerseyhoya wrote:
threecount wrote:

I sent you a message earlier (before mickbayne blew up your spot!) asking if you wanted to switch the three you voted for. You can respond to that or answer here or whatever who you'd like to swap in (if anyone).

Sorry about that...I sent you a message with the replacements..
threecount
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby Uncle Milty » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:11 am

momadance wrote:
Uncle Milty wrote:Need a way to put PiP in posthumously.

Are we positive he passed away?

Nope. Went with the lower "preponderance of the evidence" standard even tho some debate if BSG is civil or criminal.
Drunk and stupid is no way to be remembered but it is an easy way to forget.

But I took them away from all that. Now they work for me.
Uncle Milty
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

PreviousNext

Return to Here We Go Again!