Final Jeopardy: Rolling Thread

Re: Final Jeopardy: Rolling Thread

Postby 1 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:09 pm

How long until he has a talk show on Spike TV?
Fine. You wanna act like you're two? I'll act like I'm one.
User avatar
1
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP
 
Posts: 49641
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:55 pm
Location: (sending check)

Re: Final Jeopardy: Rolling Thread

Postby thephan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:37 pm

I think I saw on already when I was looking for the playoff game tonight
If you got those mad internet skills like Rudy Giuliani and cannot figure out if something is true, try > clicking here < and typing in the four most relevant words from a post.
User avatar
thephan
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 12827
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:25 pm
Location: NVa

Re: Final Jeopardy: Rolling Thread

Postby thephan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:42 pm

Ace Rothstein wrote:Lost, thought he won by the girl's face who won, great run


She’s taking over there making dumb faces from Austin, I thought she was a little smug. I think tonight‘s game was notably harder for me too. I certainly edged out the doctor to be though, I hope to hell he’s a better medical professional, because he was a lousy contestant.
If you got those mad internet skills like Rudy Giuliani and cannot figure out if something is true, try > clicking here < and typing in the four most relevant words from a post.
User avatar
thephan
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 12827
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:25 pm
Location: NVa

Re: Final Jeopardy: Rolling Thread

Postby PrattRules » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:15 pm

thephan wrote:
Ace Rothstein wrote:Lost, thought he won by the girl's face who won, great run


She’s taking over there making dumb faces from Austin, I thought she was a little smug. I think tonight‘s game was notably harder for me too. I certainly edged out the doctor to be though, I hope to hell he’s a better medical professional, because he was a lousy contestant.


i thought miracle on 51st street was a reasonable stab
"Just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it." -George Costanza
User avatar
PrattRules
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 15227
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:38 pm
Location: Northeast Philly

Re: Final Jeopardy: Rolling Thread

Postby thephan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:01 am

I know Pratt is being snarky, especially since the movie title is "Miracle on 34th Street" and it has almost nothing to do with the question, but here was the final jeopardy question:

Question: A 1947 FBI study chided this holiday film’s “attempt to discredit bankers… a common trick used by Communists”

Break it down: 1947 --- holiday film’s --- bankers…

Ignore: anything about an FBI study that almost no one knows about.

Tests: 1947 - after world war 2 so there is a hero's tale in play, holiday films - has to be a famous one, bankers - only got those Bailey brothers punching up against old man Potter.

Answer: Its a wonderful life.

Honestly, for the difficulty of the questions in some categories for me, and I always do poorly with the Wheel of Fortune stuff (trees last night - i.e., Q - Michael Jackson was what kind of Star? A - POPlar), the final question was easy.
If you got those mad internet skills like Rudy Giuliani and cannot figure out if something is true, try > clicking here < and typing in the four most relevant words from a post.
User avatar
thephan
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 12827
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:25 pm
Location: NVa

Re: Final Jeopardy: Rolling Thread

Postby CalvinBall » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Austin made the Tournament of Champions finals!
User avatar
CalvinBall
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 57675
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Out There

Re: Final Jeopardy: Rolling Thread

Postby Warszawa » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:30 pm

Nobody gets Montpelier,VT

BUZZ WINS
Fight This Generation
User avatar
Warszawa
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 13470
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:44 pm
Location: down in the park

Re: Final Jeopardy: Rolling Thread

Postby CalvinBall » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:48 pm

He's a nerd
User avatar
CalvinBall
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 57675
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Out There

Re: Final Jeopardy: Rolling Thread

Postby BigEd76 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:52 pm

The contestants never attempted a guess at any of the five football questions....and Trebek was irritated

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/959224782289100801
User avatar
BigEd76
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 101067
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:13 pm
Location: 40.155/-74.829

Re: Final Jeopardy: Rolling Thread

Postby Slowhand » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:02 am

BigEd76 wrote:The contestants never attempted a guess at any of the five football questions....and Trebek was irritated

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/959224782289100801


As if Trebek would know any of them if he didn't have the answers (well, questions) right in front of him.
How dare you interrupt my Lime Rickey!
User avatar
Slowhand
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 22669
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:26 am
Location: Fake news

Re: Final Jeopardy: Rolling Thread

Postby JUburton » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:41 am

Slowhand wrote:
BigEd76 wrote:The contestants never attempted a guess at any of the five football questions....and Trebek was irritated

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/959224782289100801


As if Trebek would know any of them if he didn't have the answers (well, questions) right in front of him.
THIS GUY READS FROM A CARD.

had a good lol watching it live and figured it would be all over the internet immediately.
User avatar
JUburton
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 15139
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 7:49 pm
Location: 19003

Re: Final Jeopardy: Rolling Thread

Postby Bucky » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:32 pm

WILDEST ENDING EVAHHHHH
User avatar
Bucky
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 50547
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:24 pm
Location: You_Still_Have_To_Visit_Us

Re: Final Jeopardy: Rolling Thread

Postby Uncle Milty » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:20 pm

Lynn could inspire a reboot of SNL's Pat.
Drunk and stupid is no way to be remembered but it is an easy way to forget.

But I took them away from all that. Now they work for me.
User avatar
Uncle Milty
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 21362
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:10 pm
Location: Wardrobe by Botany 500

Re: Final Jeopardy: Rolling Thread

Postby CFP » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:28 pm

Bucky wrote:WILDEST ENDING EVAHHHHH


Twice in one week!
User avatar
CFP
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way
 
Posts: 26263
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:01 pm
Location: Everybody knows this is nowhere

Re: Final Jeopardy: Rolling Thread

Postby Bucky » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:55 pm

CFP wrote:
Bucky wrote:WILDEST ENDING EVAHHHHH


Twice in one week!


holy crap that's wild! Tonight:

Tristan $7,600 + $7,600 = $15,200 (1-day total: $15,200)
Daniel $9,800 – $7,605 = $2,195 (What is Neverland?)
Lynn $17,400 – $2,201 = $15,199 (What is Robinson Crusoe?)


Tuesday:

AJ $8,000 – $7,000 = $1,000 (What is Rome?)
Lisa $14,200 + $2,200 = $16,400 (2-day total: $33,200)
John $22,400 – $6,001 = $16,399 (What is Salerno?)


Wow, and I just now decided to look at the math. In both cases the leader bet just enough to beat the 2nd place finisher if they bet it all and won. Lisa anticipated that on Tuesday and bet just enough in case John putzed out. Lynn did the same tonight but the numbers were just that close that she couldn't hedge against both she and Daniel winning and she losing and Tristan winning.
User avatar
Bucky
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 50547
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:24 pm
Location: You_Still_Have_To_Visit_Us

Re: Final Jeopardy: Rolling Thread

Postby Warszawa » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:07 pm

Bucky wrote:
CFP wrote:
Bucky wrote:WILDEST ENDING EVAHHHHH


Twice in one week!


holy crap that's wild! Tonight:

Tristan $7,600 + $7,600 = $15,200 (1-day total: $15,200)
Daniel $9,800 – $7,605 = $2,195 (What is Neverland?)
Lynn $17,400 – $2,201 = $15,199 (What is Robinson Crusoe?)


Tuesday:

AJ $8,000 – $7,000 = $1,000 (What is Rome?)
Lisa $14,200 + $2,200 = $16,400 (2-day total: $33,200)
John $22,400 – $6,001 = $16,399 (What is Salerno?)


Wow, and I just now decided to look at the math. In both cases the leader bet just enough to beat the 2nd place finisher if they bet it all and won. Lisa anticipated that on Tuesday and bet just enough in case John putzed out. Lynn did the same tonight but the numbers were just that close that she couldn't hedge against both she and Daniel winning and she losing and Tristan winning.


I think that understanding this post should qualify you for appearing on the show
Fight This Generation
User avatar
Warszawa
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 13470
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:44 pm
Location: down in the park

Re: Final Jeopardy: Rolling Thread

Postby Uncle Milty » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:01 pm

Rooting for the PortaJohn cleaner tonight
Drunk and stupid is no way to be remembered but it is an easy way to forget.

But I took them away from all that. Now they work for me.
User avatar
Uncle Milty
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 21362
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:10 pm
Location: Wardrobe by Botany 500

Re: Final Jeopardy: Rolling Thread

Postby Uncle Milty » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:08 pm

Totally unfair ending tonight
Drunk and stupid is no way to be remembered but it is an easy way to forget.

But I took them away from all that. Now they work for me.
User avatar
Uncle Milty
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 21362
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:10 pm
Location: Wardrobe by Botany 500

Re: Final Jeopardy: Rolling Thread

Postby PrattRules » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:39 pm

Agreed. They just let that child molester win.
"Just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it." -George Costanza
User avatar
PrattRules
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 15227
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:38 pm
Location: Northeast Philly

Re: Final Jeopardy: Rolling Thread

Postby Warszawa » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:20 pm

Did I miss something?
Fight This Generation
User avatar
Warszawa
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 13470
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:44 pm
Location: down in the park

PreviousNext

Return to Here We Go Again!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests