Cars

Re: Cars

Postby momadance » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:53 pm

Bucky wrote:you'll be the next stuck-in-the-surf video on the brig fb page :lol: :lol: :lol:

No way man. I'm usually the one taking the pictures. And those people aren't stuck in the surf. It's usually a jackass in his BMW or Audi who thinks AWD means 4WD and get stuck in the sand. I keep a kit with me to get myself out if I ever get stuck which was once.

You could drive a Yugo on that beach as long as you drop your tire PSI down to 15-18 and don't bottom out.
Titlehungry wrote:Nice celebration... whole team peed on the fans in honor or Tate's acquisition
momadance
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby WheelsFellOff » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:26 pm

I think my truck is finally dying, as in the head gasket is about to go. I've had this truck for 18 years, only recently ticked over 150k miles. There's no true replacement on the US market for compact pickup. The modern day Ranger is bigger than an F150 was when my truck was new. So I can't really replace it with something similar. I'm gonna start looking for a smaller used SUV, like an Escape/Liberty/Rav4 or something similar in a 4-8 year old range. Anyone have personal experiences for compact SUVs of that age to share?
So far the Eagles have been unable willing to at least make a good will jester - Garry Cobb, Professional Sportswriter

jerseyhoya wrote:My hatred of quote boxes in signatures has reached a new high
WheelsFellOff
Plays the Game the Right Way

Postby TenuredVulture » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:31 pm

WheelsFellOff wrote:I think my truck is finally dying, as in the head gasket is about to go. I've had this truck for 18 years, only recently ticked over 150k miles. There's no true replacement on the US market for compact pickup. The modern day Ranger is bigger than an F150 was when my truck was new. So I can't really replace it with something similar. I'm gonna start looking for a smaller used SUV, like an Escape/Liberty/Rav4 or something similar in a 4-8 year old range. Anyone have personal experiences for compact SUVs of that age to share?

We love our Mazda CX-5, which is a 2016. There's a a CX-3 which is smaller and probably more car-like. But the CX-5 is pretty car-like as well. Neither is really a pick up replacement, though I don't think anything else on your list is either.
Be Bold!
TenuredVulture
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!

Postby momadance » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:32 pm

I bought a used 2018 Nissan Frontier. It's pretty compact.
Titlehungry wrote:Nice celebration... whole team peed on the fans in honor or Tate's acquisition
momadance
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby JUburton » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:37 pm

TenuredVulture wrote:
WheelsFellOff wrote:I think my truck is finally dying, as in the head gasket is about to go. I've had this truck for 18 years, only recently ticked over 150k miles. There's no true replacement on the US market for compact pickup. The modern day Ranger is bigger than an F150 was when my truck was new. So I can't really replace it with something similar. I'm gonna start looking for a smaller used SUV, like an Escape/Liberty/Rav4 or something similar in a 4-8 year old range. Anyone have personal experiences for compact SUVs of that age to share?

We love our Mazda CX-5, which is a 2016. There's a a CX-3 which is smaller and probably more car-like. But the CX-5 is pretty car-like as well. Neither is really a pick up replacement, though I don't think anything else on your list is either.
Think I'm probably between a CX-5 and a Mazda 3 for my next car. The CX-5s are super nice but can get a little pricey with AWD and most bells and whistles.
JUburton
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby WheelsFellOff » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:40 pm

I'm coming to peace with the fact I won't find a direct replacement, which is why I'm looking compact SUV. I don't want car-like, I need 4WD or AWD for #$!&@ road plowing on back roads and decent clearance for occasional off road driving, but just through trails and fields. I'm looking for leg room and a seat height that doesn't feel like I'm sitting on the road.
So far the Eagles have been unable willing to at least make a good will jester - Garry Cobb, Professional Sportswriter

WheelsFellOff

Postby Uncle Milty » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:42 pm

I drive a 2014 Escape Titanium 2.0L EcoBoost 2WD. Overall very happy with it. 30+ MPG highway, mid to high 20s everyday driving. 3,500lb towing capacity is why I picked it over others. Only negative to me is the seat but that's a very individual thing.
Drunk and stupid is no way to be remembered but it is an easy way to forget.

But I took them away from all that. Now they work for me.
Uncle Milty
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby TenuredVulture » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:45 pm

WheelsFellOff wrote:I'm coming to peace with the fact I won't find a direct replacement, which is why I'm looking compact SUV. I don't want car-like, I need 4WD or AWD for #$!&@ road plowing on back roads and decent clearance for occasional off road driving, but just through trails and fields. I'm looking for leg room and a seat height that doesn't feel like I'm sitting on the road.

I'm not sure the CX-5 is intended for off road use really.
Be Bold!
TenuredVulture

Postby azrider » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:27 pm

dirt/gravel, roads the mazda is fine. fields and trails, 8.5 ground clearance and AT tires minimum. in addition to 4wd of course.

i know someone who put some all terrains on his crosstrek. not his vehicle.

azrider
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor

Postby jamiethekiller » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:56 pm

2012 chevy colorado?
jamiethekiller
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Bucky » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:08 pm

is the honda ridgeline too big??
Bucky
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby WheelsFellOff » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:09 pm

Bigger than I'm looking for, and I don't like the 4-door short bed trucks. I also never drove a Chevy I enjoyed driving

WheelsFellOff

Postby WheelsFellOff » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:12 pm

The Ridgeline is probably bigger than I'd want, The CRV is closer, size-wise. I'm heading to a dealership after work. I'm less looking for suggestions and more looking if anyone has had particularly bad experiences with a particular style of compact suv. I'm assuming I'll know the vehicle when I sit in it.

WheelsFellOff

Postby jamiethekiller » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:14 pm

WheelsFellOff wrote:Bigger than I'm looking for, and I don't like the 4-door short bed trucks. I also never drove a Chevy I enjoyed driving

jamiethekiller
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby WheelsFellOff » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:24 pm

I'd test drive a non-crewcab one (which are a lot rarer than you might expect) if I saw it on the lot, but again I've never enjoyed driving a Chevy.

WheelsFellOff

Postby TenuredVulture » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:31 pm

WheelsFellOff wrote:I'd test drive a non-crewcab one (which are a lot rarer than you might expect) if I saw it on the lot, but again I've never enjoyed driving a Chevy.

The problem is a bunch of goobers use a pick up as a family car these days.
Be Bold!
TenuredVulture

Postby Uncle Milty » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:42 pm

WheelsFellOff wrote:The Ridgeline is probably bigger than I'd want, The CRV is closer, size-wise. I'm heading to a dealership after work. I'm less looking for suggestions and more looking if anyone has had particularly bad experiences with a particular style of compact suv. I'm assuming I'll know the vehicle when I sit in it.

On the negative end the only 2 people I know who owned a Liberty hated the experience. My cousin complained about dependability and fuel economy.
Drunk and stupid is no way to be remembered but it is an easy way to forget.

But I took them away from all that. Now they work for me.
Uncle Milty
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby WheelsFellOff » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:01 pm

I test drove a Mazda MX5 and a Nissan Rogue, I didn't care for the Mazda much but the rogue was nice. That may not matter though because I saw a 2011 Ranger Sport in excellent condition on the second lot I checked. I may continue to be a Ranger owner yet

WheelsFellOff

Postby azrider » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:38 am

Uncle Milty wrote:
WheelsFellOff wrote:The Ridgeline is probably bigger than I'd want, The CRV is closer, size-wise. I'm heading to a dealership after work. I'm less looking for suggestions and more looking if anyone has had particularly bad experiences with a particular style of compact suv. I'm assuming I'll know the vehicle when I sit in it.

On the negative end the only 2 people I know who owned a Liberty hated the experience. My cousin complained about dependability and fuel economy.

I had a patriot and loved it, but heard similar stories about the liberty tho.
azrider
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor

Postby Phred » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:44 am

I drove a Cherokee for a while and loved it except for the 15 mpg.

I traded it in during Obama's "Cash for Clunkers" program for a Prius and have never looked back.
Phred
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

PreviousNext

Return to Here We Go Again!