end unfair voting rights discrimination!

end unfair voting rights discrimination!

Postby phorever » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:18 am

since a poorly specified search turned up a couple of posts with votes for me this year (thanks dudes!) i took a look at the bsg hof voting guidelines and noticed that i have no voting rights because i didn't find my way here before the end of 2006 and post regularly but not frequently enough to get to 5000 anytime soon.

thing is, iirc most of the original members here joined in the last third of 2006 after a nasty blowup a philliesphans.com that i happened to miss because of stressful life events right around then. i made the switch once just 5 days into 2007, when i had recovered enough during my academic winter break and finally had the time to figure out what had happened to the bunch of my favorite pp posters who had disappeared.

and i can't catch up post-wise because of the time difference that forces me to miss out on most of the game threads and leaves me talking to myself if i post more than a few time during my normal day.

meanwhile, given all of the drop-outs of first-generation members, i am one of the "oldest" members who has posted at a significant rate for 10 years running and have managed to creep back into the top 150 in overall posts... but remain eternally "there's our old friend" and without hof voting rights.

yeah, not too many other's are in the same boat. squire was, but is now about 600 posts over 5000 (a belated congrats on your promotion squire, and keep the draft comments coming!). azrider, Pittfan03, and TheDude24 are the closest matches to my limbo status i can find with simple sorting of the member list.

given the way these board status calculators work, i realize it may not be possible to change our official status, but i think we've all got the seniority and proven loyalty to deserve at least the small token of respect that is bsg hof voting rights.

thank you for your attention.
peace out.
BRING HOME THE GOAT!
phorever
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Re: end unfair voting rights discrimination!

Postby CalvinBall » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:42 am

boo hoo
CalvinBall
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!

Postby jerseyhoya » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:20 am

You picked the wrong morning to reminisce about the 1985 title game

I would be disinclined to change the qualifying barrier too much if at all. The 5k posts at this point is about 1.5 posts a day since you joined. Given that the bar was set at 5,000 years ago, it's become increasingly easy to qualify.

On the other hand, maybe here's maybe a compromise available to acknowledge tenure in addition to post count - 2,500 posts & once posted on PhilliesPhans? 2,500 posts & joined in 2007?
jerseyhoya
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Werthless » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:35 pm

Maybe we can vote on voting rights. Only those with a vote can vote, and we'll vote on vote eligibility.
Werthless
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Bucky » Sat May 07, 2016 9:36 pm

can i be a superdelegate
Bucky
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Return to BSG Hall of Fame - Fantasy