Eurostalking in the NBA? some say yes, from the :Sixers:

Re: Eurostalking in the NBA? some say yes, from the :Sixers:

Postby MoBettle » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:11 pm

The use of the too many cooks meme for the draft this time of year is pretty spot on.
Two days later I get a text back that says I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat.
MoBettle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby 702 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:23 pm

PSUEagle wrote:
PhillyPhan wrote:Ford in his latest mock has the Lakers taking Porzingis and the Sixers taking Mudiay. Interestingly enough the Knicks then pass on Okafor and take Russell.

Yeah, dont see that happening.

However, if we do get pick #23 from Portland, how about UNLV guard Rashad Vaughn?

702's a fan of him, right? Doesn't he have an analytic friendly stat profile with plus athleticism? Plus he's a lot younger than Wright/Grant.

Funny this gets brought up today. I actually chatted with Shad today for a bit. He thinks he's going to Chicago, strong interest and close ties with Hoiberg.

Vaughn was super talented coming out of HS but he had knee surgery. In college he was a monster and can hit a jumper from anywhere on the floor. Creates his own shot, high IQ. Then he hurt his knee again (the other knee I believe) in conference play and didn't play for the rest of the season with surgery again.

He could of used the extra year at UNLV from a age and growth standpoint but because he had two knee surgeries he couldn't gamble another year with his stock high enough where it's at. Go to NBA now and take your chances or take a chance at hopefully not a 3rd surgery and no NBA chances.
Plays the Game the Right Way

Postby PSUEagle » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:32 pm

702 wrote:Funny this gets brought up today. I actually chatted with Shad today for a bit. He thinks he's going to Chicago, strong interest and close ties with Hoiberg.

Vaughn was super talented coming out of HS but he had knee surgery. In college he was a monster and can hit a jumper from anywhere on the floor. Creates his own shot, high IQ. Then he hurt his knee again (the other knee I believe) in conference play and didn't play for the rest of the season with surgery again.

He could of used the extra year at UNLV from a age and growth standpoint but because he had two knee surgeries he couldn't gamble another year with his stock high enough where it's at. Go to NBA now and take your chances or take a chance at hopefully not a 3rd surgery and no NBA chances.

Chicago's interesting: from how you're describing him that would be a departure from their usual modus operandi of experienced, "safe" upperclassmen.

Sounds like he'd be a Hinkie type guy based on his upside. I'm assuming the 76ers have worked him out/have his medicals.

FWIW I could see Rondae Hollis-Jefferson as another target, but there seems to be a lot of speculation that he'll go in the teens now.
PSUEagle
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby 702 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:35 pm

PSUEagle wrote:
702 wrote:Funny this gets brought up today. I actually chatted with Shad today for a bit. He thinks he's going to Chicago, strong interest and close ties with Hoiberg.

Chicago's interesting: from how you're describing him that would be a departure from their usual modus operandi of experienced, "safe" upperclassmen.

Sounds like he'd be a Hinkie type guy based on his upside. I'm assuming the 76ers have worked him out/have his medicals.

FWIW I could see Rondae Hollis-Jefferson as another target, but there seems to be a lot of speculation that he'll go in the teens now.

Sixers have not worked him out.

Chicago can use shooters outside of Jimmy and Rose from the guard spots.

Postby Youseff » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:38 pm

CFP wrote:Friend gave me a hypothetical of Embiid/3 for Boogie/Stauskas. That's a fun one.

I think I'd say yes

I'd say no and probably not be friends with them for a while
This is what a real tenderoni likes to do for you
Youseff
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby SteveJeltzPhanClub » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:46 pm

Youseff wrote:
CFP wrote:Friend gave me a hypothetical of Embiid/3 for Boogie/Stauskas. That's a fun one.

I think I'd say yes

I'd say no and probably not be friends with them for a while

I'm with Youseff here. Boogie >>> Embiid but #3 pick >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Stauskas
SteveJeltzPhanClub
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby Houshphandzadeh » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:55 pm

I love Boogie, but something like:

Ish/Jerian grant or something?
Stauskas
Cov
Noel
Boogie

would just battle for an 8th spot until Cousins leaves
Houshphandzadeh
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Grotewold » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:08 pm

I tend to agree, but could be two more lottery picks next year, free agent(s), Saric

Interesting question
Grotewold
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Gimpy » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:10 pm

MoBettle wrote:

The use of the too many cooks meme for the draft this time of year is pretty spot on.

Gimpy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby threecount » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:12 pm

Alex Kennedy of Basketball Insiders states Sixers in talks to send picks 35 and 37 to Portland for 23 pick.

if we draft Porzingis, we could take a point guard later in the round.

Names mentioned are Duke's Tyus Jones, Louisville's Terry Rozier and Utah's Delon Wright.
threecount
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby gr » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:44 pm

I would love that. I like Russell, but I don't think he's so much better than other point guards that you gotta have him.
"You practicing for the Hit Parade?"
gr
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Previous

Return to Sixers Archive