Deep Thoughts by Derek Bodner: Sixers Ongoing Thread

Deep Thoughts by Derek Bodner: Sixers Ongoing Thread

Postby SteveJeltzPhanClub » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:35 pm

Never started a thread- wanted to claim this one.
SteveJeltzPhanClub
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Re: Deep Thoughts by Derek Bodner: Sixers Ongoing Thread

Postby WilliamC » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:36 pm

Russell
Do it again!
WilliamC
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby MoBettle » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:38 pm

WilliamC wrote:Russell

Two days later I get a text back that says I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat.
MoBettle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Doll Is Mine » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:43 pm

Yeah, boy!

Doll Is Mine
Plays the Game the Right Way

Postby Youseff » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:46 pm

in that horrid interview with Eskin, BB said there are "a lot of great point guards in this draft."

potential clue? stay tuned to find out..
This is what a real tenderoni likes to do for you
Youseff
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby SteveJeltzPhanClub » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:46 pm

Ole, Ole, Ole, Gauchos, Gauchos!!!

2nd round steal for the SIxers!
SteveJeltzPhanClub
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby pacino » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:48 pm

MoBettle wrote:
WilliamC wrote:Russell

thephan wrote:pacino's posting is one of the more important things revealed in weeks.
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP

Postby BigEd76 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:50 pm

oh that Urkel
BigEd76
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!

Postby karn » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:53 pm

Not hard to talk yourself into Porzingis. Adds a level of Embiid protection and has skills that will play in the league right away and in a way that very much works for our system
karn
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby WilliamC » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:54 pm

yesterday when Urkel and Okafor were on with Michael Smith and Jamelle and they he asked him a specific question referring to D'Angelo the musician. He said "we aint 30 up in here!".
Do it again!
WilliamC
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby The Savior » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:57 pm

karn wrote:Not hard to talk yourself into Porzingis. Adds a level of Embiid protection and has skills that will play in the league right away and in a way that very much works for our system

yeah - i can buy into this now more than ever. however, i don't know if you can draft him over russell. over okafor? i wouldn't like it, but could see it happening.
On a scale of 1 to Chris Brown, how pissed is he?
The Savior

Postby heyeaglefn » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:02 pm

I know at this point it is all about landing a superstar, but it would kind of suck to have 4 top 12 picks in the past three years and at best you have 2 starters out of it. Sure you could deal one of them if they all work out, but best case you are starting Embiid + Porzingis or some other combo and having Saric and Noel off the bench.

Just don't know how you don't draft Russell if he is there.
heyeaglefn
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Squire » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:03 pm

Honestly, my only objection to Porzingis or Hezonja over the remainder of Towns-Okafor-Russell at #3 is that very small risk (maybe 5%) that those jackholes don't come over to the NBA right away. I know this sounds petty and somewhat anti-Hinkie but given the Embiid possible delay, Saric not coming over for at least another year, the fact that none of the Lakers, Heat or Thunder 1st round pick vested, I simply do not think that you can pick a guy at #3 who isn't going to be standing on the f'n court on the first game of the season. I reiterate I'm a Hinkie guy but I do think that's an awful lot to ask of a fanbase that has been very patient to date.
Squire
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor

Postby azrider » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:05 pm

karn wrote:Not hard to talk yourself into Porzingis. Adds a level of Embiid protection and has skills that will play in the league right away and in a way that very much works for our system

I like Porzingis probably more than most here with that being said... I don't have as an extensive database of statistical analysis, game/practice footage and personal/background info that I most assuredly believe hinkie has. IMO, with only one pick and the embiid status in question, I don't believe I could pick the player with the highest risk in the lottery. Luckily I am confident that hinkie has done the research way beyond what others have done and will be satisfied with him or actually anyone else he chooses. However, Porzingis will be the player the farthest away from not only being effective on the court but realizing maximum potential due to his weight/strength and the ability to make the transition from international ball to American style pro basketball.
azrider
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor

Postby Gimpy » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:07 pm

That other Russell gif I made isn't showing up for me now. Welp, here's this one.

Gimpy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Napalm » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:13 pm

thats weed popcorn
Napalm

Postby Gimpy » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:13 pm

Popcorn with weed butter
Gimpy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby MoBettle » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:37 pm

Squire wrote:Honestly, my only objection to Porzingis or Hezonja over the remainder of Towns-Okafor-Russell at #3 is that very small risk (maybe 5%) that those jackholes don't come over to the NBA right away. I know this sounds petty and somewhat anti-Hinkie but given the Embiid possible delay, Saric not coming over for at least another year, the fact that none of the Lakers, Heat or Thunder 1st round pick vested, I simply do not think that you can pick a guy at #3 who isn't going to be standing on the f'n court on the first game of the season. I reiterate I'm a Hinkie guy but I do think that's an awful lot to ask of a fanbase that has been very patient to date.

I don't think I would be any less excited about the Sixers future if they come out of the draft with Porzingis, Hezonja or Mudiay.

That being said, I would be a lot less inclined to vigorously defend what the Sixers are doing, both on the interwebs and IRL. Especially Porzingis. He could be absolutely amazing but dealing with the push back is way too tiring in the short term.
Two days later I get a text back that says I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat.
MoBettle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby MoBettle » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:45 pm

MoBettle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Squire » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:50 pm

MoBettle wrote:
Squire wrote:Honestly, my only objection to Porzingis or Hezonja over the remainder of Towns-Okafor-Russell at #3 is that very small risk (maybe 5%) that those jackholes don't come over to the NBA right away. I know this sounds petty and somewhat anti-Hinkie but given the Embiid possible delay, Saric not coming over for at least another year, the fact that none of the Lakers, Heat or Thunder 1st round pick vested, I simply do not think that you can pick a guy at #3 who isn't going to be standing on the f'n court on the first game of the season. I reiterate I'm a Hinkie guy but I do think that's an awful lot to ask of a fanbase that has been very patient to date.

I don't think I would be any less excited about the Sixers future if they come out of the draft with Porzingis, Hezonja or Mudiay.

That being said, I would be a lot less inclined to vigorously defend what the Sixers are doing, both on the interwebs and IRL. Especially Porzingis. He could be absolutely amazing but dealing with the push back is way too tiring in the short term.

I don't have a problem with Porzingis or Hezonja as long as they are flipping standing on our NBA court next October. I just can't handle "staying in Europe for another season" pick.
Squire
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor

Next

Return to Sixers Archive