THIS. STARTS. SOMETIME IN THE NEAR FUTURE. Sixers threat

Re: THIS. STARTS. SOMETIME IN THE NEAR FUTURE. Sixers threat

Postby pacino » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:18 am

Noel has that ft line jumper he was cultivating the 2nd half of last season and obviously worked on in thr offseason that he's hit decently thus far.
thephan wrote:pacino's posting is one of the more important things revealed in weeks.
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP

Postby PSUPhilliesPhan » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:59 am

ReadingPhilly wrote:
pacino wrote:
PSUPhilliesPhan wrote:Is TJ McConnell our point guard of the future? A friend of my wife's sister heard a scout comparing him to Slater Martin at the game tonight.

Jamal Murray is our PG of the future. BOOK IT

i don't follow hs recruiting all that much but i saw sporting news or some publication ranked him as the top 3 in the country. yet i see a lot of people say he is the pg of the future. what's the story?

Here's what our buddy Chad Ford had to say about him:

Potential NBA superstar

1. Jamal Murray
Kentucky
Freshman
6-foot-5, 207 lbs

"Seven months ago, Ontario native Murray wasn't even expected to be eligible for this list. But a strong game in April at the Nike Hoop Summit followed by a terrific performance for Team Canada at the Pan Am Games in summer encouraged Murray to reclassify for eligibility and head to college a year earlier than anticipated.

Now that scouts have had a chance to see him practice in the midst of Kentucky's other draft prospects, the consensus is in -- not only is Murray the top point guard prospect in the draft, but he might also be the best player in college basketball.

"He's so smart and he's so skilled," one NBA GM said. "He and [Tyler] Ulis are going to be a handful. Kentucky's backcourt is so much stronger than it was last year. That's kind of scary.

"Guys went nuts over D'Angelo Russell last year. I think Murray's a comparable talent. He doesn't have the sizzle of Russell. But I think he might be more fundamentally sound."

Murray's lack of elite athleticism and some questions about his true position will dog him a bit. But every scout and GM I spoke with had him ranked as the No. 1 point guard on their board. "And it's not even close," one GM insisted."
PSUPhilliesPhan
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor

Postby Youseff » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:53 am

pacino wrote:Noel has that ft line jumper he was cultivating the 2nd half of last season and obviously worked on in thr offseason that he's hit decently thus far.

it looks, dare I say, pretty - but he's not hitting it at an acceptable pace yet. BR doesn't have the by distance shot metrics up yet, but from 2 he's shooting 368%.
This is what a real tenderoni likes to do for you
Youseff
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Youseff » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:54 am

PSUPhilliesPhan wrote:
ReadingPhilly wrote:
pacino wrote:
PSUPhilliesPhan wrote:Is TJ McConnell our point guard of the future? A friend of my wife's sister heard a scout comparing him to Slater Martin at the game tonight.

Jamal Murray is our PG of the future. BOOK IT

i don't follow hs recruiting all that much but i saw sporting news or some publication ranked him as the top 3 in the country. yet i see a lot of people say he is the pg of the future. what's the story?

Here's what our buddy Chad Ford had to say about him:

Potential NBA superstar

1. Jamal Murray
Kentucky
Freshman
6-foot-5, 207 lbs

"Seven months ago, Ontario native Murray wasn't even expected to be eligible for this list. But a strong game in April at the Nike Hoop Summit followed by a terrific performance for Team Canada at the Pan Am Games in summer encouraged Murray to reclassify for eligibility and head to college a year earlier than anticipated.

Now that scouts have had a chance to see him practice in the midst of Kentucky's other draft prospects, the consensus is in -- not only is Murray the top point guard prospect in the draft, but he might also be the best player in college basketball.

"He's so smart and he's so skilled," one NBA GM said. "He and [Tyler] Ulis are going to be a handful. Kentucky's backcourt is so much stronger than it was last year. That's kind of scary.

"Guys went nuts over D'Angelo Russell last year. I think Murray's a comparable talent. He doesn't have the sizzle of Russell. But I think he might be more fundamentally sound."

Murray's lack of elite athleticism and some questions about his true position will dog him a bit. But every scout and GM I spoke with had him ranked as the No. 1 point guard on their board. "And it's not even close," one GM insisted."

he had a great game against who ever Ottawa is. He finished with 22, 12 and nine – plus three steals.
This is what a real tenderoni likes to do for you
Youseff
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Houshphandzadeh » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:01 am

wish I could agree with you guys on Noel's jump shot, but it seems to me for every time it looks nice, there's another time where he shoots it on the way down and another time where it looks like a total mess. I'm hopeful he can get there, though

in general, it is exciting as all hell that Noel and Okafor look like they could really work together
Houshphandzadeh
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby pacino » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:10 am

i think it's really encouraging to have two guys (Noel and Jah) that seem intent on working super hard to make it work. that's the first step
thephan wrote:pacino's posting is one of the more important things revealed in weeks.
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP

Postby jamiethekiller » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:17 am

Noel had a shot lastnight that looked like he was trying to throw down a slam from 10 feet away
jamiethekiller
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Napalm » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:23 am

one criticism i have of noel is that all his passes seem to go pretty high above the guards heads. he sort of holds the ball above his flat top and throws it on a rope at that height
Napalm
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!

Postby laf837 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:29 am

Fun game. I think Nerls needs to concentrate on boarding and defense and be opportunistic on offense - especially with Jah in the game. Had some serious derpy moments last night. He is just so raw on offense it's hard to run anything through him. Just work weakside and board and wait a couple seconds when Jahlil has the ball down low and just cut to the middle. Jahlil needs the ball just about every time when he is in the game although we haven't seen his passing game manifest itself yet. Work on his conditioning, figuring out positioning in rebounding (he got outworked a bunch of times last night), and work on the PnR on offense and defense. Very encouraged on how he looks.
laf837
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor

Postby Wheels Tupay » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:29 am

jamiethekiller wrote:Noel had a shot lastnight that looked like he was trying to throw down a slam from 10 feet away

"That’s the Southwest Philly floater, man.
Now imagine that everything you ever imagined... is possible. - Hinkieology
#TeamKap
Wheels Tupay
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way

Previous

Return to Sixers Archive