THIS. STARTS. SOMETIME IN THE NEAR FUTURE. Sixers threat

Re: THIS. STARTS. SOMETIME IN THE NEAR FUTURE. Sixers threat

Postby 702 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:33 pm

Team is much better without Canaan and Grant.

Revist that long trade grade post.
Plays the Game the Right Way

Postby BigEd76 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:35 pm

Moore:
#Sixers McConnell with 11 assists tonight. Starter Canaan has five in three games.

Bods:
Nik Stauskas has scored in double figures in each of his two games with the #sixers. He did so in just 9 of 73 games for the Kings.
BigEd76
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!

Postby Gimpy » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:36 pm

Why are you guys talking about basketball in the Papa John's thread?
Gimpy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Eddie Jordan » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:37 pm

Canaan can't possibly start after this right?
Continued success, thanks for comin' on the show!
Eddie Jordan
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Napalm » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:43 pm

Canaan should work at papa johns after tonight
Napalm

Postby MoBettle » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:44 pm

Only 9 teams in the eastern conference have won a game. Will be 10 after the Nets/Bucks game is over.
Two days later I get a text back that says I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat.
MoBettle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby PSUPhilliesPhan » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:46 pm

Is TJ McConnell our point guard of the future? A friend of my wife's sister heard a scout comparing him to Slater Martin at the game tonight.
PSUPhilliesPhan
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor

Postby Gimpy » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:54 pm

Jabari is cleared to play against us on Wednesday. Should be fun. Hope we win.
Gimpy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby pacino » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:03 pm

PSUPhilliesPhan wrote:Is TJ McConnell our point guard of the future? A friend of my wife's sister heard a scout comparing him to Slater Martin at the game tonight.

Jamal Murray is our PG of the future. BOOK IT
thephan wrote:pacino's posting is one of the more important things revealed in weeks.
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP

Postby ReadingPhilly » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:30 pm

pacino wrote:
PSUPhilliesPhan wrote:Is TJ McConnell our point guard of the future? A friend of my wife's sister heard a scout comparing him to Slater Martin at the game tonight.

i don't follow hs recruiting all that much but i saw sporting news or some publication ranked him as the top 3 in the country. yet i see a lot of people say he is the pg of the future. what's the story?
ReadingPhilly

Postby pacino » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:34 pm

ReadingPhilly wrote:
pacino wrote:

i don't follow hs recruiting all that much but i saw sporting news or some publication ranked him as the top 3 in the country. yet i see a lot of people say he is the pg of the future. what's the story?

Not a small dude, decent shot, good movement. I think he'll be 3-5 in the draft, right in our sweet spot . I would say Simmons goes first unless something happens.
thephan wrote:pacino's posting is one of the more important things revealed in weeks.
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP

Postby ReadingPhilly » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:51 pm

so he's playing the wing in college and they project him to slide to pg in the pros?
ReadingPhilly

Postby pacino » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:00 pm

I see him as a definite guard. He's like 6'4.
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP

Postby mcare89 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:20 pm

ReadingPhilly wrote:so he's playing the wing in college and they project him to slide to pg in the pros?

He's more of a combo guard than anything else, he might play off-ball a little bit more at Kentucky unless they platoon him and Ulis, but I think he's a PG at the next level.
mcare89
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Doll Is Mine » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:28 pm

Two things pop out at me: Canaan is a PG that doesn't get assists and Okafor is a C that doesn't get defensive rebounds.
Doll Is Mine

Postby MoBettle » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:36 pm

mcare89 wrote:
ReadingPhilly wrote:so he's playing the wing in college and they project him to slide to pg in the pros?

He's more of a combo guard than anything else, he might play off-ball a little bit more at Kentucky unless they platoon him and Ulis, but I think he's a PG at the next level.

Yeah it's not unheard of for NBA point guard prospects to play off the ball as frosh. Jrue, Westbrook, Bledsoe, Russell. Point guards dominate the ball a lot less than they used to so being labeled a "combo guard" isn't really a bad thing anymore.
Two days later I get a text back that says I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat.
MoBettle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby mcare89 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:39 pm

MoBettle wrote:
mcare89 wrote:

Yeah it's not unheard of for NBA point guard prospects to play off the ball as frosh. Jrue, Westbrook, Bledsoe, Russell. Point guards dominate the ball a lot less than they used to so being labeled a "combo guard" isn't really a bad thing anymore.

Absolutely. For the record, I'm all aboard on Murray. I'm praying we get the Lakers pick, because he's it.
mcare89
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby ReadingPhilly » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:41 pm

MoBettle wrote:
mcare89 wrote:

yeah i know, was just curious if the report was accurate.
ReadingPhilly

Postby mcare89 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:52 pm

A couple small sample size observations, both positive and negative.

1. The Okafor/Noel pairing is working better than I expected right from the jump. They still need a lot more work, but they seem to work pretty well together on both ends. One thing that's helping is that Okafor's face-up game has been better than I expected, and that face-up power dribble into a post-up he did a few times tonight is really going to be a big help in him getting good position down low.

2. Stauskas looks great, especially when you consider the fact that he was hurt for most of camp. That's really encouraging.

3. Hollis and Grant are both killing me. Grant still seems determined to destroy worlds with a sledgehammer dunk anytime he gets near the bucket, but he keeps driving out of control into several defenders. Hollis is just missing so many wide open jumpers, which is at least comforting in the sense that their offense is getting open looks, just not hitting them. He has no driving skills whatsoever though.

4. I think adding Marshall to this team is going to be a huge help when he gets back. Marshall-Stauskas-Covington-Noel-Okafor is an interesting lineup.
mcare89
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby PTOITWCFTPP » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:58 pm

mcare89 wrote:A couple small sample size observations, both positive and negative.

1. The Okafor/Noel pairing is working better than I expected right from the jump. They still need a lot more work, but they seem to work pretty well together on both ends. One thing that's helping is that Okafor's face-up game has been better than I expected, and that face-up power dribble into a post-up he did a few times tonight is really going to be a big help in him getting good position down low.

Agreed. Never saw this face up game at Duke. They can be pretty deadly if Noel can get slightly less out of control when he dribbles and consistently make jumpers
“I don’t coach losers, I only coach winners.” Mike Krzyzewski

"This is a normal collar. Move on. Find a new slant."
PTOITWCFTPP

PreviousNext

Return to Sixers Archive