CENTER CITY! 2015-16 Sixers Basketball

Re: CENTER CITY! 2015-16 Sixers Basketball

Postby Youseff » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:24 am

Eddie Jordan wrote:I'm pretty content just riding this year out on the tank train(last time) and then going into lotto night with all the ping pong balls...we should get 2 studs and then next year will be super fun. We've waited this long, what's one more year. Don't wanna take any half measures now

I think we should focus on the dick punch scenario this year. every year we've dreamed best case scenario (Wiggins, getting the Laker pick last year, getting Towns, etc.) and every year the draft has been a let down. lets just resign ourselves to not getting the Lakers pick, not getting one of OKC & Miami's pick, and drafting a center of some sort.
This is what a real tenderoni likes to do for you
Youseff
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Houshphandzadeh » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:29 am

Skal at #3 would really crush me
Houshphandzadeh
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby pacino » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:31 am

if we draft a center i'd honestly be perplexed. we actually have built that up; BPA is great but next year is the year it's supposed to start coming together.

i dont think we draft a center unless we made some crazy moves.
thephan wrote:pacino's posting is one of the more important things revealed in weeks.
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP

Postby Eddie Jordan » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:32 am

i can't call this last draft a dick punch at all, couldn't be anything but amped with Jah. The dickpunch would be if we had D'angelo putting up 12 pts a night on 15 shots and looking overmatched physically. Not saying he's a bust, but we may have dodged a bullet there. Just way too happy with Jah looking like he can roll out of bed and dominate offensively at 19.
Continued success, thanks for comin' on the show!
Eddie Jordan
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby pacino » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:33 am

Eddie Jordan wrote:i can't call this last draft a dick punch at all, couldn't be anything but amped with Jah. The dickpunch would be if we had D'angelo putting up 12 pts a night on 15 shots and looking overmatched physically. Not saying he's a bust, but we may have dodged a bullet there. Just way too happy with Jah looking like he can roll out of bed and dominate offensively at 19.

D'angelo really is in the worst spot possible, though. I think he has the tools, but he has a coach trying to win with old guys for some reason instead of trying to develop his young guys.
thephan wrote:pacino's posting is one of the more important things revealed in weeks.
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP

Postby Eddie Jordan » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:34 am

pacino wrote:
Eddie Jordan wrote:i can't call this last draft a dick punch at all, couldn't be anything but amped with Jah. The dickpunch would be if we had D'angelo putting up 12 pts a night on 15 shots and looking overmatched physically. Not saying he's a bust, but we may have dodged a bullet there. Just way too happy with Jah looking like he can roll out of bed and dominate offensively at 19.

D'angelo really is in the worst spot possible, though. I think he has the tools, but he has a coach trying to win with old guys for some reason instead of trying to develop his young guys.

I don't disagree, but if LA came to me today and offered him for Jah straight up I'm gonna have to say no thanks
Continued success, thanks for comin' on the show!
Eddie Jordan
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby pacino » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:35 am

Eddie Jordan wrote:
pacino wrote:

I don't disagree, but if LA came to me today and offered him for Jah straight up I'm gonna have to say no thanks

I do agree. I wouldn't have said that two months ago.

Our 0-8 start feels a lot better than 0-8 last year just because we have this guy killin' it on offense and we have so many injured guys that are actual players that I can't help but think we'll light up the 2nd half of the year with a winning streak or two.
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP

Postby Houshphandzadeh » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:35 am

he's playing 25 minutes a game and getting 10 shots a game. not really that out of whack with physically undeveloped rookies
Houshphandzadeh
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Napalm » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:35 am

they're gonna have more chances than they'd ever had at multiple picks, so they'll probably grab multiple positions. BPA in this case could likely guide them to drafting for needs. If it's a center, ok, then i bet there's another shoe still to drop on draft night. either way, the picture will become much much clearer this offseason.
Napalm
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!

Postby Houshphandzadeh » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:36 am

Napalm wrote:they're gonna have more chances than they'd ever had at multiple picks, so they'll probably grab multiple positions. BPA in this case could likely guide them to drafting for needs. If it's a center, ok, then i bet there's another shoe still to drop on draft night. either way, the picture will become much much clearer this offseason.

funny how this post could be from easily be from 2014
Houshphandzadeh
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Youseff » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:37 am

I agree kinda. I agree that early results look like Jah is superior to D'Angelo but after a year of purposefully putrid basketball I was hoping the reward was going to be a two way player, which is so vital in the modern NBA. I love to watch him play, but as I've said before, if he's our best player when this is all said and done we are #$!&@.
Youseff
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Youseff » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:38 am

Houshphandzadeh wrote:
Napalm wrote:they're gonna have more chances than they'd ever had at multiple picks, so they'll probably grab multiple positions. BPA in this case could likely guide them to drafting for needs. If it's a center, ok, then i bet there's another shoe still to drop on draft night. either way, the picture will become much much clearer this offseason.

right? you have to be able to visualize and appease yourself with visions of the future to enjoy this team.
Youseff
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby pacino » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:40 am

Houshphandzadeh wrote:he's playing 25 minutes a game and getting 10 shots a game. not really that out of whack with physically undeveloped rookies

he's comparable to Zinger in both respects, but part of that is Kobe not playing.
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP

Postby pacino » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:41 am

Youseff wrote:

I agree kinda. I agree that early results look like Jah is superior to D'Angelo but after a year of purposefully putrid basketball I was hoping the reward was going to be a two way player, which is so vital in the modern NBA. I love to watch him play, but as I've said before, if he's our best player when this is all said and done we are #$!&@.

you were so positive two days ago. i hope you didnt let a loss with Jah vs the World get to you too much
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP

Postby Napalm » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:41 am

Youseff wrote:
Houshphandzadeh wrote:

right? you have to be able to visualize and appease yourself with visions of the future to enjoy this team.

well its only november and we're talking about the draft so i can only go by what information i know now! maybe jah gets hurt. or richaun and grant have monster second halves to the season. this team and situation is very fluid and hinkie has done a masterful job maximizing his options for when the time comes to add. think of how lucky we are to have our high pick + a swap choice + a high lakers pick + other picks + a top euro prospect + a former top 3 pick on the mend in just THIS coming year. it's actually #$!&@ ludicrous
Napalm

Postby Youseff » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:44 am

pacino wrote:
Youseff wrote:

you were so positive two days ago. i hope you didnt let a loss with Jah vs the World get to you too much

I think I'm in the same place - I don't mind watching this team play this year. It's bad basketball but it's exponentially better than last year, and the roster has actual NBA talent on it. right now mostly bottom to middle of the bench talent, but better than some of that crap from last year. I'm also still really excited by all the potential additions next year, but there is something very empty about placing your faith on a non-entity. like we'll definitely get someone, but we have no idea who, and all we have to judge them will be the college game, which doesn't always translate.
Youseff
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Youseff » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:46 am

Napalm wrote:
Youseff wrote:
Houshphandzadeh wrote:

well its only november and we're talking about the draft so i can only go by what information i know now! maybe jah gets hurt. or richaun and grant have monster second halves to the season. this team and situation is very fluid and hinkie has done a masterful job maximizing his options for when the time comes to add. think of how lucky we are to have our high pick + a swap choice + a high lakers pick + other picks + a top euro prospect + a former top 3 pick on the mend in just THIS coming year. it's actually #$!&@ ludicrous

best case scenario - heck - the first half dozen best case scenarios are indeed ridiculous.
Youseff
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Napalm » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:47 am

Youseff wrote:
pacino wrote:
Youseff wrote:

I think I'm in the same place - I don't mind watching this team play this year. It's bad basketball but it's exponentially better than last year, and the roster has actual NBA talent on it. right now mostly bottom to middle of the bench talent, but better than some of that crap from last year. I'm also still really excited by all the potential additions next year, but there is something very empty about placing your faith on a non-entity. like we'll definitely get someone, but we have no idea who, and all we have to judge them will be the college game, which doesn't always translate.

i think this theorizing is very fun and something that you yourself have enjoyed. the problem may lie in that we've been in this state directionless behavior for quite a while now and it's starting to wear. As the season goes on and individuals get better, the team forms cohesiveness, you will get more excited about the prospect of adding. Right now lots of people are hurt and they are young and inexperienced. it's discouraging that the guys you care about aren't on the floor right now. but they will be. hang in there
Napalm

Postby pacino » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:49 am

i get you

so QUICK HIT, who is the top 5 from this rookie class thus far?

1. Towns

2. Jah
3. Mudiay
4. Zinger
5. Winslow
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP

Postby Youseff » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:51 am

haven't really watched much non-Warriors and Sixers basketball tbh
Youseff
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

PreviousNext

Return to Sixers Archive