Processing the SIXERS Future with Napalm and Youseff

Processing the SIXERS Future with Napalm and Youseff

Postby pacino » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:53 am

so QUICK HIT, who is the top 5 from this rookie class thus far?

1. Towns











2. Jah
3. Mudiay
4. Zinger
5. Winslow
thephan wrote:pacino's posting is one of the more important things revealed in weeks.
User avatar
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP
 
Posts: 74149
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:37 pm
Location: Outside Fultz's Gym Looking For Clues

Re: Processing the SIXERS Future with Napalm and Youseff

Postby PSUPhilliesPhan » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:54 am

Still very early but a Nets win @ Kings tonight would be nice.

I also have 3 college games set to record tonight. Here's network info and tank lines:

7PM Siena @ Duke on ESPNU (Brandon Ingram debut and Grayson Allen could be nice target with OKC/MIA picks) "A win is a sin for Brandon"..Could be used for Jaylen Brown too
7PM Albany @ Kentucky on SEC network (Skal and Jamal) "Lose Em All for Jamal and Skal"
9PM has McNeese State @ LSU on ESPNU (Simmons) "Don't Win Ten for Ben"
User avatar
PSUPhilliesPhan
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor
 
Posts: 5591
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:27 pm
Location: South Philly by a block

Re: Processing the SIXERS Future with Napalm and Yousef

Postby Houshphandzadeh » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:54 am

the Lakers pick is looking about 50/50 to convey so we should probably anticipate not getting it
User avatar
Houshphandzadeh
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 63898
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:15 pm
Location: nascar victory

Re: Processing the SIXERS Future with Napalm and Youseff

Postby Youseff » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:55 am

PSUPhilliesPhan wrote:Still very early but a Nets win @ Kings tonight would be nice.

I also have 3 college games set to record tonight. Here's network info and tank lines:

7PM Siena @ Duke on ESPNU (Brandon Ingram debut and Grayson Allen could be nice target with OKC/MIA picks) "A win is a sin for Brandon"..Could be used for Jaylen Brown too
7PM Albany @ Kentucky on SEC network (Skal and Jamal) "Lose Em All for Jamal and Skal"
9PM has McNeese State @ LSU on ESPNU (Simmons) "Don't Win Ten for Ben"


wow that's an action packed night of college. might watch that instead of the Sixers tbh.
This is what a real tenderoni likes to do for you
User avatar
Youseff
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 22976
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:47 am
Location: Ice Mountain

Re: Processing the SIXERS Future with Napalm and Youseff

Postby Napalm » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:57 am

i'm flattered but no. my entire idea of the future is hitched to Embiid coming back and becoming the Franchise leader of this Sixers era. i'd love to see him prove everyone wrong. i'm a dreamer and a believer.

#trusttheprocess
User avatar
Napalm
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 56453
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:16 pm

Re: Processing the SIXERS Future with Napalm and Youseff

Postby pacino » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:58 am

the above list of what i think of the rookies is why I'm so excited we have our best chance yet at the #1 pick, whether by hook or by crook. There's usually ONE standout that changes their franchise immediately, not 6.
thephan wrote:pacino's posting is one of the more important things revealed in weeks.
User avatar
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP
 
Posts: 74149
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:37 pm
Location: Outside Fultz's Gym Looking For Clues

Re: Processing the SIXERS Future with Napalm and Yousef

Postby Grotewold » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:00 am

Houshphandzadeh wrote:the Lakers pick is looking about 50/50 to convey so we should probably anticipate not getting it


Yeah it's feeling very

1 Nets
2/3 Lakers
5 Sixers
6 Kings

for some reason

But we're due for a nice bounce
User avatar
Grotewold
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 48067
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:40 am

Re: Processing the SIXERS Future with Napalm and Youseff

Postby PSUPhilliesPhan » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:01 am

Youseff wrote:
PSUPhilliesPhan wrote:Still very early but a Nets win @ Kings tonight would be nice.

I also have 3 college games set to record tonight. Here's network info and tank lines:

7PM Siena @ Duke on ESPNU (Brandon Ingram debut and Grayson Allen could be nice target with OKC/MIA picks) "A win is a sin for Brandon"..Could be used for Jaylen Brown too
7PM Albany @ Kentucky on SEC network (Skal and Jamal) "Lose Em All for Jamal and Skal"
9PM has McNeese State @ LSU on ESPNU (Simmons) "Don't Win Ten for Ben"


wow that's an action packed night of college. might watch that instead of the Sixers tbh.


Yeah, if no NerNo I'll just watch Jah highlights later.
User avatar
PSUPhilliesPhan
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor
 
Posts: 5591
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:27 pm
Location: South Philly by a block

Re: Processing the SIXERS Future with Napalm and Youseff

Postby Youseff » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:04 am

pacino wrote:so QUICK HIT, who is the top 5 from this rookie class thus far?

1. Towns











2. Jah
3. Mudiay
4. Zinger
5. Winslow


I think with Zinger's D stats I'd give him the edge

so

Towns
Porzi
Jah


TJ should legit be in the top 10. partly a product of playing time but that A/TO is niice. (3.47)
This is what a real tenderoni likes to do for you
User avatar
Youseff
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 22976
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:47 am
Location: Ice Mountain

Re: Processing the SIXERS Future with Napalm and Yousef

Postby Napalm » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:08 am

Grotewold wrote:
Houshphandzadeh wrote:the Lakers pick is looking about 50/50 to convey so we should probably anticipate not getting it


Yeah it's feeling very

1 Nets
2/3 Lakers
5 Sixers
6 Kings

for some reason

But we're due for a nice bounce

it's just still too early to tell, barely 10 games in. Lots of shuffling yet to be done. I'd imagine to see improvement from all of these teams and the Sixers have held up their end of the bargain so far so that's all you can ask for.
User avatar
Napalm
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 56453
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:16 pm

Re: Processing the SIXERS Future with Napalm and Youseff

Postby Houshphandzadeh » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:11 am

ain't that early to tell the Lakers #$!&@ suck
User avatar
Houshphandzadeh
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 63898
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:15 pm
Location: nascar victory

Re: Processing the SIXERS Future with Napalm and Youseff

Postby Napalm » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:13 am

thats what we were hoping for right? it's funny how during the offseason, some people were worried the pick would be in the teens because Julius Randle was gonna make them legit. gotta hope the Lakers stay bad, play some good stretches of ball, and give us a good chance to get their pick. nothing is ever definite. and it honestly beats having MCW here
User avatar
Napalm
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 56453
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:16 pm

Re: Processing the SIXERS Future with Napalm and Youseff

Postby Youseff » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:14 am

so did everyone secretly hate MCW when I was getting #$!&@ for overtly hating him?
This is what a real tenderoni likes to do for you
User avatar
Youseff
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 22976
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:47 am
Location: Ice Mountain

Re: Processing the SIXERS Future with Napalm and Youseff

Postby pacino » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:16 am

Youseff wrote:
pacino wrote:so QUICK HIT, who is the top 5 from this rookie class thus far?

1. Towns











2. Jah
3. Mudiay
4. Zinger
5. Winslow


I think with Zinger's D stats I'd give him the edge

so

Towns
Porzi
Jah


TJ should legit be in the top 10. partly a product of playing time but that A/TO is niice. (3.47)

i think his foul rate is crazy high; id like to see more of him to really see how he plays D to know. We know Jah is bad on D, though.

And yeah, TJ is top 10. the 6 through 10 is where it gets interesting. Winslow, TJ, Bjelica, Hollis-Jefferson,Cauley-Stein

I think it's of note that Harrell is getting 10 minutes a game at Houston while KJ McDaniels was just sent to the D League
thephan wrote:pacino's posting is one of the more important things revealed in weeks.
User avatar
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP
 
Posts: 74149
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:37 pm
Location: Outside Fultz's Gym Looking For Clues

Re: Processing the SIXERS Future with Napalm and Youseff

Postby pacino » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:18 am

Youseff wrote:so did everyone secretly hate MCW when I was getting #$!&@ for overtly hating him?

i gave him a chance. his defense wasn't too bad. he could get to the hoop. i think he's made the Bucks worse, though.
thephan wrote:pacino's posting is one of the more important things revealed in weeks.
User avatar
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP
 
Posts: 74149
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:37 pm
Location: Outside Fultz's Gym Looking For Clues

Re: Processing the SIXERS Future with Napalm and Youseff

Postby MoBettle » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:19 am

Youseff wrote:so did everyone secretly hate MCW when I was getting #$!&@ for overtly hating him?

I was never a big fan. Anything with him was contingent on figuring the whole shooting thing out.
Last edited by MoBettle on Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Two days later I get a text back that says I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat.
User avatar
MoBettle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 19505
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:45 pm
Location: All the way up.

Re: Processing the SIXERS Future with Napalm and Youseff

Postby Napalm » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:19 am

Youseff wrote:so did everyone secretly hate MCW when I was getting #$!&@ for overtly hating him?

i realized over some time that he wasn't the future. there was certainly blinding going on during his ROY campaign ala Foles and his magic season. the timing of that article citing 90th percentile players and MCW being traded was just all too obvious that they didn't hit on one and were smart to shift the value down the line
User avatar
Napalm
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 56453
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:16 pm

Re: Processing the SIXERS Future with Napalm and Youseff

Postby Houshphandzadeh » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:06 pm

feel like you just have to take a flier on this dude with one of our lower picks

User avatar
Houshphandzadeh
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 63898
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:15 pm
Location: nascar victory

Re: Processing the SIXERS Future with Napalm and Youseff

Postby MoBettle » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:10 pm

MURDA said on Instagram that he will be back in less than a month.
Two days later I get a text back that says I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat.
User avatar
MoBettle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 19505
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:45 pm
Location: All the way up.

Re: Processing the SIXERS Future with Napalm and Youseff

Postby PrattRules » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:13 pm

Houshphandzadeh wrote:feel like you just have to take a flier on this dude with one of our lower picks



Feeling bad for this dude's knees in 10 years.
"Just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it." -George Costanza
User avatar
PrattRules
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 15208
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:38 pm
Location: Northeast Philly

Next

Return to Sixers Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron