The Philadelphia 76(year)s (away) Thread

Re: The Philadelphia 76(year)s (away) Thread

Postby Youseff » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:45 am

pointing out a derek bodner tweet about the Sixers is evidence of a crusade.
This is what a real tenderoni likes to do for you
Youseff
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Napalm » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:50 am

Youseff wrote:pointing out a derek bodner tweet about the Sixers is evidence of a crusade.

no doubt in relation and response to my bringing up the point of it netted us Richaun Holmes.

otherwise:

Youseff wrote:remember when everyone would poo poo hypothetical free agents/draftees/trade targets b/c the players didn't fit the Hinkie preferred mold? lol. now we got at least 3 main cogs that don't meet that hypothetical (non-existant) mold.

crusade
Youseff wrote:we also don't really know what Hinkie's methodology actually is. we know some of it through his bi-annual conversations with the press, but there is an enormous amount of unncessarily confident projection from the Sixers fanbase. one of their drums that they beat over and over was that Hinkie only wanted the "long, athletic, versatile, good at defense" type. that has proven to be untrue.

crusade

it's you vs lol everybody. if heyeaglefan can bring everyone back down to earth who roots for wins, you similarly do it with the process.

i like you, just not now. i think we need a break from each other youseff
Napalm
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!

Postby Youseff » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:55 am

man you are reaching, weirdo.
Youseff
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Napalm » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:15 pm

it's not about me, it's about you, but more importantly it's about us. #WeAllFromAfrica
Napalm

Postby td11 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:30 pm

Youseff wrote:man you are reaching, weirdo.

Most ppl give my friend youseff too hard of a time imo. I find that the counterarguments to his points are often boring and repetitive. The Process can and definitely should be criticized, and I don't get the point of turning it personal. I don't know what being in it together has to do with anything...

And yeah I wish we had kj over Canaan now, too. Canaan has shown very little outside of his shooting ability ... Even on a good to great team he'd be getting like 10 mins max. Whereas I think kj showed the potential to be a 3 and D guy who could be developed into a starter
td11
Plays the Game the Right Way

Postby Gimpy » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:46 pm

A 3 and D guy who can't shoot 3's.
Gimpy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby td11 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:47 pm

That seems a bit dismissive of kj
td11

Postby td11 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:50 pm

Canaan can only shoot 3s. He does absolutely nothing else
td11

Postby pacino » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:52 pm

Getting hostile in here.

We need a win.
thephan wrote:pacino's posting is one of the more important things revealed in weeks.
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP

Postby td11 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:54 pm

Idk I like it when we have some disagreements
td11

Postby bleh » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:54 pm

no one has a problem with youseff criticizing the process, it's when he makes sweeping generalizations about "hinkie supporters" all being brainwashed zealots and making similar stuff now about sixers fans in general. He takes one thing he heard one person say offhand 2 years ago and takes out it on everyone here and it's obnoxious. I mean like "one of their drums that they beat over and over was that Hinkie only wanted the "long, athletic, versatile, good at defense" type. " pretty sure I've never heard anyone here ever say that. But according to him all sixers fans say that over and over.
Last edited by bleh on Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bleh
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby pacino » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:55 pm

I blame Youseff the timberpups fan and Napalm the Hinkie acolyte for diverting our attention away from the fact that this team just needs a win and we'll feel a little better.
thephan wrote:pacino's posting is one of the more important things revealed in weeks.
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP

Postby Gimpy » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:03 pm

td11 wrote:Canaan can only shoot 3s. He does absolutely nothing else

KJ is a sub .300 3 point shooter. It's like calling Canaan a 3 and D guy.

KJ dunks hard and blocks shots. For a wing player, being a shot blocker is alright but it isn't the most useful skill, especially if you're getting out of position to chase blocks. And he's such a bad dribbler that he can't get to the rim to throw down those dunks when he has the ball in his hands.

I'm rooting for KJ, but Canaan at least has an NBA skill that's useful. KJ can't really make the same claim right now.
Gimpy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby td11 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:11 pm

If kj got as many minutes as canaan, he might be a better player. Thats the whole point. On the sixers I have trouble believing he wouldn't get minutes

Again if you ask me who I rather have on the roster today I'm saying kj
td11

Postby pacino » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:14 pm

I probably would rather have kj. If the trade got us Holmes, though...
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP

Postby Gimpy » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:15 pm

I dunno, he sort of went backwards between the start of last year and the trade deadline. By that point, I actually preferred Hollis, Grant, and even Jakarr. The Sixers decided he wasn't worth bidding against other teams and traded him for a similar level player and a pick that became a useful player.
Gimpy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Youseff » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:16 pm

boring crap below

[Reveal] Spoiler:
bleh wrote:no one has a problem with youseff criticizing the process, it's when he makes sweeping generalizations about "hinkie supporters" all being brainwashed zealots and making similar stuff now about sixers fans in general. He takes one thing he heard one person say offhand 2 years ago and takes out it on everyone here and it's obnoxious. I mean like "one of their drums that they beat over and over was that Hinkie only wanted the "long, athletic, versatile, good at defense" type. " pretty sure I've never heard anyone here ever say that. But according to him all sixers fans say that over and over.

one thing I'm guilty of is consuming too much Sixers media and this place is only one of about the dozen + places I consume. I can assure you I heard that repeatedly. I do think Sixer fans are weird and cultish and I generally am embarrassed by them, but I'm equally embarrassed by how these threads become about me, which is really uninteresting to me and I'm sure to other people.

in other news. Micic hasn't played since November. word is the terrible ACB team based out of Madrid, Estudiantes (record 1 - 9, in danger of being relegated) wants to get him.

http://www.gigantes.com/el-serbio-micic ... tudiantes/

I'm not quite clear on how they'd get him - transfer I'm assuming.

also interesting: the ACB has two teams that play on the Canary Islands

Youseff
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby td11 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:20 pm

Maybe Canaan will become a useful piece when we have an actual NBA starting 5...

Also I agree v much w kj contributing to our defensive identity and culture. Instead now we have absolutely no identity. It's interesting, just read an article last night about how the bulls players feel like they have no team identity anymore under hoiberg (yet) compared to under thibs
td11

Postby MoBettle » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:56 pm

Youseff wrote:boring crap below

[Reveal] Spoiler:
bleh wrote:no one has a problem with youseff criticizing the process, it's when he makes sweeping generalizations about "hinkie supporters" all being brainwashed zealots and making similar stuff now about sixers fans in general. He takes one thing he heard one person say offhand 2 years ago and takes out it on everyone here and it's obnoxious. I mean like "one of their drums that they beat over and over was that Hinkie only wanted the "long, athletic, versatile, good at defense" type. " pretty sure I've never heard anyone here ever say that. But according to him all sixers fans say that over and over.

one thing I'm guilty of is consuming too much Sixers media and this place is only one of about the dozen + places I consume. I can assure you I heard that repeatedly. I do think Sixer fans are weird and cultish and I generally am embarrassed by them, but I'm equally embarrassed by how these threads become about me, which is really uninteresting to me and I'm sure to other people.

in other news. Micic hasn't played since November. word is the terrible ACB team based out of Madrid, Estudiantes (record 1 - 9, in danger of being relegated) wants to get him.

http://www.gigantes.com/el-serbio-micic ... tudiantes/

I'm not quite clear on how they'd get him - transfer I'm assuming.

also interesting: the ACB has two teams that play on the Canary Islands

The threads become about you because you insist on constantly talking #$!&@ about other people. Just talk basketball like everyone else and it won't happen.
Two days later I get a text back that says I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat.
MoBettle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Youseff » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:50 pm

Just drop it
Youseff
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

PreviousNext

Return to Sixers Archive