The Philadelphia 76(year)s (away) Thread

Re: The Philadelphia 76(year)s (away) Thread

Postby Youseff » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:01 pm

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/10/02/mike-d ... vin-gentry

SI.com: Many around the league are starting to think that this small ball revolution is going to ultimately transition into a true, positionless brand of basketball. Your teams and Golden State played small, but each player still had their defined roles offensively and defensively. What are your thoughts on this “positionless basketball” concept?

​D'Antoni: I do think you’ll always have defined roles. Certain people will always have to do certain things. I think you’ll have roles, but the roles will change. The 5 will have to be able to stand on the perimeter. I think we’ll get to that point. I think we’ll get to the point where every 5 can shoot threes. I think we’ll get to the point where a lot of people can handle the ball and fastbreak and bring it up. Some of the roles will be blurred, some of the roles will change, but I do think that, for right now, people will have defined roles to do what they do better than [their teammates].

pretty interesting interview, worth a read
This is what a real tenderoni likes to do for you
Youseff
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby The Savior » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:32 pm

emulating the warriors is a silly idea. focus on the spurs. which is why okafor, imo, is such a crucial piece to this team. kid is 19 years old. has the potential to be special.
On a scale of 1 to Chris Brown, how pissed is he?
The Savior
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way

Postby pacino » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:06 pm

Spurs me
thephan wrote:pacino's posting is one of the more important things revealed in weeks.
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP

Postby Youseff » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:28 pm

Spurs and to a lesser extent Memphis is where you gotta look to figure out how this big man jam works.
This is what a real tenderoni likes to do for you
Youseff
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Previous

Return to Sixers Archive