Waiting for Santa and Simmons: A Sixers Thread

Waiting for Santa and Simmons: A Sixers Thread

Postby BigEd76 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:37 pm

TLC back to Delaware
User avatar
BigEd76
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 100931
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:13 pm
Location: 40.155/-74.829

Re: Waiting for Santa and Simmons: A Sixers Thread

Postby pacino » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:39 pm

Image
thephan wrote:pacino's posting is one of the more important things revealed in weeks.
User avatar
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP
 
Posts: 74149
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:37 pm
Location: Outside Fultz's Gym Looking For Clues

Re: Waiting for Santa and Simmons: A Sixers Thread

Postby SteveJeltzPhanClub » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:46 pm

Image
User avatar
SteveJeltzPhanClub
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 2038
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:54 pm
Location: Santa Barbara, CA

Re: Waiting for Santa and Simmons: A Sixers Thread

Postby Youseff » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:51 pm

have Jeltzy or wwry ever started Sizzler threads? was holding out hope for that....
This is what a real tenderoni likes to do for you
User avatar
Youseff
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 22976
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:47 am
Location: Ice Mountain

Re: Waiting for Santa and Simmons: A Sixers Thread

Postby Youseff » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:53 pm

part of the reason the posting is low is there's not a lot of debatable storylines. everyone agrees Embiid seems awesome, everyone agrees it should be awesome when Ben plays, everyone agrees that we should have a nice draft next year. the only real controversies are what to do with Jah & Nerlens but, speaking for myself, I'm so pacified by the general direction of the team I can't get too bummed out by the ass return we'll get for our back up centers.
This is what a real tenderoni likes to do for you
User avatar
Youseff
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 22976
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:47 am
Location: Ice Mountain

Re: Waiting for Santa and Simmons: A Sixers Thread

Postby pacino » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:55 pm

Youseff wrote:have Jeltzy or wwry ever started Sizzler threads? was holding out hope for that....

Jeltzy is too busy tapping cables for trade rumors and wwry is currently in the bowels of the Wells Fargo Center singing love songs to JoJo
thephan wrote:pacino's posting is one of the more important things revealed in weeks.
User avatar
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP
 
Posts: 74149
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:37 pm
Location: Outside Fultz's Gym Looking For Clues

Re: Waiting for Santa and Simmons: A Sixers Thread

Postby slugsrbad » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:59 pm

Suck it Alaa Abdelnaby!
Quick Google shows that GoGo is wrong with regards to the Kiwi and the Banana.

Doll Is Mine wrote:This Ellen DeGeneres look alike on ESPN is annoying. Who the hell is he?
User avatar
slugsrbad
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way
 
Posts: 25226
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:52 pm

Re: Waiting for Santa and Simmons: A Sixers Thread

Postby ReadingPhilly » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:04 pm

Youseff wrote:have Jeltzy or wwry ever started Sizzler threads? was holding out hope for that....



wwry started that one with all the sweet characters in the thread title.
User avatar
ReadingPhilly
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 54471
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:32 pm

Re: Waiting for Santa and Simmons: A Sixers Thread

Postby bleh » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:08 pm

slugsrbad wrote:Suck it Alaa Abdelnaby!

People haven't been complaining about him this year. I think everyone has accepted him into their hearts.
User avatar
bleh
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 10205
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:06 pm
Location: South Jersey Likes:1,000,000,000

Re: Waiting for Santa and Simmons: A Sixers Thread

Postby pacino » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:15 pm

bleh wrote:
slugsrbad wrote:Suck it Alaa Abdelnaby!

People haven't been complaining about him this year. I think everyone has accepted him into their hearts.

every time he says 'partner' i drink. i've slipped into a walking coma.
thephan wrote:pacino's posting is one of the more important things revealed in weeks.
User avatar
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP
 
Posts: 74149
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:37 pm
Location: Outside Fultz's Gym Looking For Clues

Re: Waiting for Santa and Simmons: A Sixers Thread

Postby SteveJeltzPhanClub » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:18 pm

pacino wrote:
Youseff wrote:have Jeltzy or wwry ever started Sizzler threads? was holding out hope for that....

Jeltzy is too busy tapping cables for trade rumors and wwry is currently in the bowels of the Wells Fargo Center singing love songs to JoJo


I would enjoy naming a thread. Kind of a goofy pressure to get it right has held me back.

Image

"What if they told me I'm no good? I don't think I can take that kind of rejection."
User avatar
SteveJeltzPhanClub
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 2038
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:54 pm
Location: Santa Barbara, CA

Re: Waiting for Santa and Simmons: A Sixers Thread

Postby Gimpy » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:20 pm

pacino wrote:
bleh wrote:
slugsrbad wrote:Suck it Alaa Abdelnaby!

People haven't been complaining about him this year. I think everyone has accepted him into their hearts.

every time he says 'partner' i drink. i've slipped into a walking coma.


I'm not sure if he's gotten better or if he's grown on me, but I think he's only mildly irritating now.
User avatar
Gimpy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 13477
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: Waiting for Santa and Simmons: A Sixers Thread

Postby joe table » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:22 pm

JoJo vs cousins should be fun tomorrow. Assuming he's playing
User avatar
joe table
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way
 
Posts: 37356
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:56 pm

Re: Waiting for Santa and Simmons: A Sixers Thread

Postby Gimpy » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:23 pm

Gimpy wrote:
pacino wrote:
bleh wrote:
slugsrbad wrote:Suck it Alaa Abdelnaby!

People haven't been complaining about him this year. I think everyone has accepted him into their hearts.

every time he says 'partner' i drink. i've slipped into a walking coma.


I'm not sure if he's gotten better or if he's grown on me, but I think he's only mildly irritating now.



Actually, I might just be so happy with our squad this year that even Aladdin Abdelnaby can't bring me down.
User avatar
Gimpy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 13477
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: Waiting for Santa and Simmons: A Sixers Thread

Postby Napalm » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:31 pm

Gimpy wrote:
Gimpy wrote:
pacino wrote:
bleh wrote:
slugsrbad wrote:Suck it Alaa Abdelnaby!

People haven't been complaining about him this year. I think everyone has accepted him into their hearts.

every time he says 'partner' i drink. i've slipped into a walking coma.


I'm not sure if he's gotten better or if he's grown on me, but I think he's only mildly irritating now.



Actually, I might just be so happy with our squad this year that even Aladdin Abdelnaby can't bring me down.

he put on his happy face too much for my liking last year when the team was clearly dreck. that's the T-Mac effect. I'm ok with him this year because we're all moving in the same direction
User avatar
Napalm
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 56453
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:16 pm

Re: Waiting for Santa and Simmons: A Sixers Thread

Postby pacino » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:38 pm

True Hoop podcast went in on TJ McConnell. Damn, poor TJ.

They also discussed the idea of Embiid/Okafor playing together. Most of them think it isn't possible and Jah's a career decent backup. One guy seemed to like the idea of Jah at the 4.
thephan wrote:pacino's posting is one of the more important things revealed in weeks.
User avatar
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP
 
Posts: 74149
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:37 pm
Location: Outside Fultz's Gym Looking For Clues

Re: Waiting for Santa and Simmons: A Sixers Thread

Postby joe table » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:27 pm

Yeah they can't play together. Maybe in short bursts I guess

Here's one thing I think Okafor should absolutely be able to improve based upon his tools (forget projecting that he'll be less slow, fixing his motor, etc): draw more fouls on the offensive end. He's 275+ with a 7'5 wingspan and if he initiates more contact he'll get more calls (see cousins). He's actually been more efficient than I expected so far in his career concerning fgs. Need to replace some of those misses with foul shots and I think he can become more efficient. He's also fluid enough to get defenders out of position to hack him

This presumes he'll expend more effort and energy on offense (which he seems unwilling to do on defense generally and in rebounding) so maybe it ties back to assuming he can fix his motor (and may actually make him worse on D if he's banging more on other end), but I think it's a very plausible area for improvement
User avatar
joe table
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way
 
Posts: 37356
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:56 pm

Re: Waiting for Santa and Simmons: A Sixers Thread

Postby MoBettle » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:38 pm

joe table wrote:Yeah they can't play together. Maybe in short bursts I guess

Here's one thing I think Okafor should absolutely be able to improve based upon his tools (forget projecting that he'll be less slow, fixing his motor, etc): draw more fouls on the offensive end. He's 275+ with a 7'5 wingspan and if he initiates more contact he'll get more calls (see cousins). He's actually been more efficient than I expected so far in his career concerning fgs. Need to replace some of those misses with foul shots and I think he can become more efficient. He's also fluid enough to get defenders out of position to hack him

This presumes he'll expend more effort and energy on offense (which he seems unwilling to do on defense generally and in rebounding) so maybe it ties back to assuming he can fix his motor (and may actually make him worse on D if he's banging more on other end), but I think it's a very plausible area for improvement


Free throw thing is a great point. Wonder how his free throw rate compares to other guys that get a similarly high percentage of points in the paint. Would also help if he could make some free throws when he gets them.
Two days later I get a text back that says I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat.
User avatar
MoBettle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 19505
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:45 pm
Location: All the way up.

Re: Waiting for Santa and Simmons: A Sixers Thread

Postby MoBettle » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:57 pm

Simmons had surgery 8 weeks ago today...
Two days later I get a text back that says I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat.
User avatar
MoBettle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 19505
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:45 pm
Location: All the way up.

Re: Waiting for Santa and Simmons: A Sixers Thread

Postby Youseff » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:03 pm

http://www.espn.com/blog/marc-stein/pos ... draws-near

Nerlens Noel: Nothing has changed here. Noel has yet to appear in a game this season after electing to undergo arthroscopic knee surgery last month, but word is he'd still prefer to be shipped to a new address with so many big men to battle for playing time in Philly. Count on the Sixers to accommodate him eventually.
This is what a real tenderoni likes to do for you
User avatar
Youseff
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
 
Posts: 22976
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:47 am
Location: Ice Mountain

Next

Return to Sixers Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests