Jahlil has to Gokafor: Discuss the Sixers Zugzwang

Re: Jahlil has to Gokafor: Discuss the Sixers Zugzwang

Postby td11 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:16 am

PSUPhilliesPhan wrote:
PTOITWCFTPP wrote:
pacino wrote:I don't think sauce is on a championship roster unless his shooting release gets quicker

He's a perfectly fine backup on a champ team based on his progression this year imo

You have no idea what you're talking about.

unneccessary
td11
Plays the Game the Right Way

Postby JFLNYC » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:17 am

gr wrote:you might be able to get illmatic on a one-year, bridge deal i guess, but aren't he and saric basically redundant?

I keep going back and forth on this one. What's the consensus here? Assuming it would have to be a multi-year deal for Ilyasova, sign or don't sign?
Jamie

"A man who tells lies . . . merely hides the truth. But a man who tells half-lies has forgotten where he put it."
JFLNYC
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby JFLNYC » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:18 am

Gimpy wrote:I'd like to see each of our European forwards play a bunch of minutes with Simbiid. It'd be major if Saric and those two have great chemistry together. He already plays well with Embiid so I'm pretty optimistic.

Liking "Simbiid."
Jamie

"A man who tells lies . . . merely hides the truth. But a man who tells half-lies has forgotten where he put it."
JFLNYC
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby heyeaglefn » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:19 am

MoBettle wrote:
Grotewold wrote:Can you imagine Embiid at the lottery

He has to be the rep right

I'd send Phil E. Moose.
heyeaglefn
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Gimpy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:20 am

If we somehow make the playoffs while the Kings miss them, do they still have to send a rep to the lottery to determine where their pick will be since we're swapping with them?
Gimpy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby MoBettle » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:23 am

Gimpy wrote:If we somehow make the playoffs while the Kings miss them, do they still have to send a rep to the lottery to determine where their pick will be since we're swapping with them?

I don't think so. Nets didn't send one last year.
Two days later I get a text back that says I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat.
MoBettle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby MoBettle » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:24 am

JFLNYC wrote:
gr wrote:you might be able to get illmatic on a one-year, bridge deal i guess, but aren't he and saric basically redundant?

I keep going back and forth on this one. What's the consensus here? Assuming it would have to be a multi-year deal for Ilyasova, sign or don't sign?

They should probably sign two veteran fas that could conceivably start. If one of those is ily that's fine.
Two days later I get a text back that says I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat.
MoBettle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Wheels Tupay » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:24 am

If the kings end up losing more games than the Sixers, they should send Hinkie and have him wear the biggest Pimp chain ever holding a golden chalice covered in diamonds
Last edited by Wheels Tupay on Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"That’s the Southwest Philly floater, man.
Now imagine that everything you ever imagined... is possible. - Hinkieology
#TeamKap
Wheels Tupay

Postby Grotewold » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:24 am

If that pick jumps to the top three Divak should be fired on the spot, no? I can only conclude that not putting protections on that pick amounted to "haha, #$!&@ you"

Still makes me laugh that he got an ovation for absolutely no reason at the 2015 Ricky lottery party. Could they be prophets
Last edited by Grotewold on Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grotewold
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby MoBettle » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:25 am

Embiid would wear a shirt with hinkies face on it.
MoBettle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Gimpy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:28 am

Grotewold wrote:If that pick jumps to the top three Divak should be fired on the spot, no? I can only conclude that not putting protections on that pick amounted to "haha, #$!&@ you"

That would be a results-based reaction. Hinkie would not approve.
Gimpy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby azrider » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:30 am

Grotewold wrote:Yeah I think/hope people are being overly assumptive there [Illmatic extension]

Plus the smoke about him being 32 not 29

1st time I heard this... If true, kind of a game changer moving forward with him. Right now he is a very good compliment to embiid, much better than Saric. He is a better 3pt shooter and is very good at hitting that mid range j. The contested long 2 has been demonized and rightfully so, however an open 10-20 footer that can be converted at a rate above 50% is a good shot. He's becoming part of a dying breed in an area that is now becoming the "soft" spot on the floor. I would prefer a more versatile defender that can handle the switch better on the perimeter when Ben comes back if this is a perfect world though.
azrider
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor

Postby pacino » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:32 am

it's an old rumor:

However, some people are careful when speaking about the kid being a top Turkish talent, because some time ago, the Uzbekish basketball federation sent a complaint to FIBA by asserting that Ersan Ilyasova was their player. There are plenty of rumors about this topic and many experts still analyze this story.
The most spread theory says that Ãœlker Istanbul brought in a guy called Arsen Ilyasov born in 1984 from Uzbekistan and organized a Turkish passport for him, changing his name to Ersan Ilyasova while reducing his age by three years in the process.
The fact is that Arsen Ilyasov crossed the border on August 7, 2002, but never showed up again. On September 19, 2002, a man named Semsettin Bulut told the Turkish authorities that he had forgotten to register his fifteen-year-old son, and so he registered him as Ersan Ilyasova. A long investigation held by the Turkish authorities showed that there wasn't any previous data about the kid in their files.
Anyway, the conflict between the Uzbekish and the Turkish federation ended when FIBA adjudicated for the Turkish federation, while the player has been able to preserve 1987 as his year of birth.
thephan wrote:pacino's posting is one of the more important things revealed in weeks.
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP

Postby Grotewold » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:39 am

Gimpy wrote:
Grotewold wrote:If that pick jumps to the top three Divak should be fired on the spot, no? I can only conclude that not putting protections on that pick amounted to "haha, #$!&@ you"

But I mean if Divak insisted on protections would Hinkie have hung up the phone?
Grotewold
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby azrider » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:46 am

Grotewold wrote:
Gimpy wrote:

But I mean if Divak insisted on protections would Hinkie have hung up the phone?

Divac has always came across as a guy that does most of his deals from a table at a bar chain smoking camel reds and putting back shots of vodka.
azrider
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor

Postby Grotewold » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:46 am

azrider wrote:Divac has always came across as a guy that does most of his deals from a table at a bar chain smoking camel reds and putting back shots of vodka.

I mean I don't know whether he needed to offer the swaps at all, let alone unprotected. Seems just insanely careless
Grotewold
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Gimpy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:47 am

I don't think I've ever seen a protected swap before
Gimpy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby MoBettle » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:48 am

Grotewold wrote:
azrider wrote:Divac has always came across as a guy that does most of his deals from a table at a bar chain smoking camel reds and putting back shots of vodka.

I mean I don't know whether he needed to offer the swaps at all, let alone unprotected

He apparently didn't know what the stretch provision was, and that could have gotten him a decent amount of the cap space he needed. Guy did not have a good handle on the cba.
MoBettle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Grotewold » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:51 am

MoBettle wrote:He apparently didn't know what the stretch provision was

should of been reading the phillies thread
Grotewold
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby MoBettle » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:00 pm

Matt Moore is having a meltdown on the twitters about his past bad Dario/Embiid takes that people keep bringing up to him.
MoBettle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

PreviousNext

Return to Sixers Archive