Raise It Up, Show Me Your Kitties: 76ers Thread

Re: Raise It Up, Show Me Your Kitties: 76ers Thread

Postby BigEd76 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:12 pm

He went from "fully healed" to "not fully healed" based on reports. Shouldn't of done that between-the-legs dunk amirite
BigEd76
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!

Postby mtcal » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:12 pm

Gimpy wrote:You guys don't get it though. If they say that Embiid and Simmons are injured or had setbacks, not as many people will buy tickets hoping to see them. How else are they supposed to sell tickets to a Wednesday night game against an uninspiring opponent than hiding Embiid's meniscal tear and claiming that he's a gametime decision?

can't tell if this is sarcastic or not or if we think joe sixerfan is this dumb but at this point i'm pretty sure no one's buying tix in hopes of seeing jojo or benben until we hear otherwise that they're playing
Not everything I think is something I should say.
mtcal
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor

Postby Gimpy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:16 pm

100% sarcastic in tone, but I'd be willing to bet that a bunch of people bought tickets to some of the games in the three weeks between the scan and the announcement hoping to see Joel. And a bunch of other people probably bought tickets to games in late February or early March expecting Ben to be back by then (for example, I got Feb 24th tickets a while ago hoping they'd both play. Luckily I didn't have to pay for them though).
Gimpy
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Grotewold » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:17 pm

Gimpy wrote:100% sarcastic in tone, but I'd be willing to bet that a bunch of people bought tickets to some of the games in the three weeks between the scan and the announcement hoping to see Joel.

Can confirm
Grotewold
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby mcare89 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:17 pm

Gimpy wrote:100% sarcastic in tone, but I'd be willing to bet that a bunch of people bought tickets to some of the games in the three weeks between the scan and the announcement hoping to see Joel. And a bunch of other people probably bought tickets to games in late February or early March expecting Ben to be back by then (for example, I got Feb 24th tickets a while ago hoping they'd both play. Luckily I didn't have to pay for them though).

I'd absolutely bet this is the case. I almost bought tickets for that 2-24 game several different times.

I don't know if that's their intent, but with so many lies or omitted facts building up, it's hard not to start ascribing shadier motives to them.
mcare89
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby mtcal » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:18 pm

Gimpy wrote:100% sarcastic in tone, but I'd be willing to bet that a bunch of people bought tickets to some of the games in the three weeks between the scan and the announcement hoping to see Joel. And a bunch of other people probably bought tickets to games in late February or early March expecting Ben to be back by then (for example, I got Feb 24th tickets a while ago hoping they'd both play. Luckily I didn't have to pay for them though).

gocha, my bad
Not everything I think is something I should say.
mtcal
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor

Postby ReadingPhilly » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:18 pm

not surprised if he's out next year too.
ReadingPhilly

Postby SteveJeltzPhanClub » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:39 pm

The Sixers are supposed to be our safe haven.

It's impossible and frankly irresponsible to not have some vested interest and observation in the bonkers, bizzaro political world that Trump, his Goldman Sachs henchmen and Republican enablers have subjected this country to.

The Sixers are supposed to be fun.

This is NOT fun:

Let's get excited about Embiid! NOPE- injured again, and the severity of the injury has already been misrepresented by the org. The same org. that publicly slanders said impending superstar for dancing on stage for 20 seconds.

Cool- they came to their senses and are going to trade Okafor! GUESS AGAIN- BC instead stages the first ever fake trade, going so far to inform the player that he is done with the org (thus the locker room handshakes a week ago), and then after showing his incompetence in closing his deal, has Jah return back to the Sixers with his tail between his legs. Can't help but think that Okafor trade value has ever been lower, either.

We can get past that. Our #1 overall pick who was awesome to watch in summer league is months past his initial 3 month healing window. We see him with the team, at the shoot arounds, holding up cats. This Simmons kid is going to be great! Everything points to him playing in Janua...err...Febu...umm...after the All Staaa...maybe not at all? WTF!?!?

This is a lot less important than our current politics. A LOT. Can't stress this enough. I have kids, and they are going to have to live through the mess that is being created right now. We all are to some degree.

But the Sixers- this is supposed to be our ray of sunshine. Our brief, minor distraction. Instead it's a mess right in line with our national nightmare. Oddly in line and full of analogy- misinformation, disdain for the press, critical of those who deserve no blame. BC is to Trump as Trump is to BC.

So damn frustrating. I'd rather be dreaming up a Jeltzy. Instead I'm moaning about politics and BC...
SteveJeltzPhanClub
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby Youseff » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:51 pm

I feel ya, Jeltzy.
This is what a real tenderoni likes to do for you
Youseff
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby 702 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:06 pm

Alright, someone take us to another new frontier.

Don't #$!&@ it up.
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way

Previous

Return to Sixers Archive