Pens-Flyers gamethread(OT)

Postby bleh » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:54 pm

<-- :twisted:
bleh
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby FTN » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:57 pm

Eagerly awaiting a "State of the Team" report from Brantt.
FTN
list sheriff

Postby BigEd76 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:05 pm

Knuble and Alberts are definitely gone....Biron and Niittymaki maybe. Stevens isn't going anywhere. More Giroux....outside chance of JVR....need a better goalie. Disappointing...
BigEd76
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!

Postby swishnicholson » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:21 pm

FTN wrote:its all carcillo's fault

mental midget
Which part? And who are you?
swishnicholson
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby ek » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:26 pm

such a shame but i'm not surprised they folded. they need a goalie, a couple of d men and that's about it. the coach is going nowhere
ek
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way

Postby ReadingPhilly » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:27 pm

if the announcers would've said carcillo cleaning every aisle of the wach with talbot was the game changer one more time i would've #$!&@ snapped. if watching someone get destroyed like that pumps them up they should just pull up some bum fights on youtube before the game. some #$!&@ bounces and their equivalent of alberts batting the puck out of the air into the net changed the game, nothing else. sometimes average goaltenders play awesome and sometimes they play like garbage. biron absolutely whiffed on that gonchar shot. just a disgusting way to end the season in your building against a team you absolutely despise.
ReadingPhilly

Postby Augustus » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:25 pm

if the announcers would've said carcillo cleaning every aisle of the wach with talbot was the game changer one more time i would've $#@! snapped. if watching someone get destroyed like that pumps them up they should just pull up some bum fights on youtube before the game. some $#@! bounces and their equivalent of alberts batting the puck out of the air into the net changed the game, nothing else. sometimes average goaltenders play awesome and sometimes they play like garbage. biron absolutely whiffed on that gonchar shot. just a disgusting way to end the season in your building against a team you absolutely despise.

The fact that Carcillo creamed him doesn't change the fact that it was an awful decision. Obviously corelation is not always causation but the fact that he once again did the completely undisciplined thing is dissapointing. When he first came here, I thought playing with some actual linemates and becoming part of a winning culture would allow him to take off. Now, I really hope he's not on the team next year.

Marty is what he is, a strong backup and a mediocre starter. He's a stand up guy and I won't take a dump on him because he was put in a position to be something he's not. Maybe one of these days this organization will get serious about the most important position on the ice.
Augustus
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby ReadingPhilly » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:31 pm

the ref told talbot to cut it out, talbot kept at carcillo, ref never called anything and carcillo pulverized him. for us, it'd be like briere chasing cooke around and getting demolished. if that would pump the team up, then they're a bunch of dumbasses. they took their foot off the gas and played like #$!&@ from 3-0 on. simple as that. carcillo continued taking his shift too, so i assume the coaching staff agreed with his choice.
ReadingPhilly

Postby danrosz » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:39 pm

Just a casual hockey fan...feel bad for Flyers fans. But yeah, how does watching your teammate get the #$!&@ kicked out of him pump you up? Again, I'm not much of a hockey fan, so maybe I'm missing something here... But what the hell?
danrosz
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby Brantt » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:46 pm

Anyone blaming Carcillo is completely and totally clueless. Carcillo did exactly what he's here to do and had a great series that he can build on for next year. He needs to play with Richards and I think he scores 15 to 20 goals next year.

No, the blame lies squarely on two individuals............Jeff Carter, and Martin Biron. They need to tell Biron to pack all his #$!&@ up and get out of the area tomorrow.......don't even wait until FA starts. Just get the hell out. He's flopping like a fish on the first goal, whiffs on catching a popup on the third goal, and the fourth goal was just a complete embarrassment.

Carter better be hurt, because he embarrassed himself completely. He looked like he was hung over the entire series. His skating was awful, he didn't compete at all in the 6 games, and he was the worst Flyer on the ice. I would honestly look to move him in the offseason...........you can get a king's ransom. His value will never be higher. He may be the chip you need to get a stud goalie in here once and for all.

And that was my last game I will be attending for at least a year. I'm on the boycott now.
"I don't think we're too far apart, Tom Brady and myself." - Matt McGloin
Brantt
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor

Postby FTN » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:52 pm

According to nhlnumbers, our cap hit for 2009-2010 is 53.961M

The cap is 56.7M I believe. If it doesn't go up at all, we're kind of screwed.

Knuble, Alberts, Biron and Nitty are our only 4 UFA's. Ross is our only RFA.

Carter makes 5.25, Lupul makes 4.25, Jones makes 3.

Thats almost 13M right there you can move.

Send Carter to Columbus for Mason.
FTN
list sheriff

Postby Warszawa » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:09 pm

FTN wrote:According to nhlnumbers, our cap hit for 2009-2010 is 53.961M

The cap is 56.7M I believe. If it doesn't go up at all, we're kind of screwed.

Knuble, Alberts, Biron and Nitty are our only 4 UFA's. Ross is our only RFA.

Carter makes 5.25, Lupul makes 4.25, Jones makes 3.

Thats almost 13M right there you can move.

Send Carter to Columbus for Mason.

It would be hard to make a case that the Flyers will be a better team next year. Holmgren has done a worse job than Stevens.

Brantt wrote:Carter better be hurt, because he embarrassed himself completely. He looked like he was hung over the entire series. His skating was awful, he didn't compete at all in the 6 games, and he was the worst Flyer on the ice. I would honestly look to move him in the offseason...........you can get a king's ransom. His value will never be higher. He may be the chip you need to get a stud goalie in here once and for all.

The Flyers do not value stud goalies all that highly so I wouldn't hold your breath.
Fight This Generation
Warszawa
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby FTN » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:10 pm

Holmgren did an awesome job 2 years ago. The Eminger deal was the beginning of the end
FTN
list sheriff

Postby Warszawa » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:15 pm

Awesome at the time, although I doubt he would re-do the Briere deal now
Fight This Generation
Warszawa
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby uncle milt » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:46 pm

i'm a signature!
uncle milt
Dropped Anchor