me, pierre laclède, and his 13-year-old stepson 9-18

Postby jemagee » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:03 pm

PSUPhilliesPhan wrote:
Didn't I? wrote:
BigEd76 wrote:
Only one Cardinal player at the end of the game had not spent a day in the minors this season.

Five of the six players in the infield in the 14th inning were with other organizations in May.

Combined, the Cardinals’ starting nine had 27 home runs. The Phillies had three starters with at least that many.

Well, that explains Mesa's two scoreless innings.

Actually I think it is because I turned on TMC's Midnight Movies while Mesa pitched, I will now make that a tradition when he is pitching.

Um...what if it isn't on?
jemagee
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby swishnicholson » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:24 am

Phan Paul wrote:As the game wore on last night, I kept thinking--well, it's just a matter of time before the bullpen blows this one. What I should have been thinking, of course, is that it's just a matter of time before the juggernaut known as the Phils offense explodes for a couple of runs.

Oh, I didn't have any problem having both of those thoughts-one right after the other. I spent the last half hour of the game listening to it on the radio in bed-turning it off in the bottom of the inning in dread, turning it on when I thought it was due for the top of the inning in hope. I did a pretty good job of estimating when it was time to switch the radio back on, a pretty lousy job of actually getting any sleep.
Flanders feeds me people food.
swishnicholson
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Disco Stu » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:35 am

swishnicholson wrote:
Phan Paul wrote:As the game wore on last night, I kept thinking--well, it's just a matter of time before the bullpen blows this one. What I should have been thinking, of course, is that it's just a matter of time before the juggernaut known as the Phils offense explodes for a couple of runs.

Oh, I didn't have any problem having both of those thoughts-one right after the other. I spent the last half hour of the game listening to it on the radio in bed-turning it off in the bottom of the inning in dread, turning it on when I thought it was due for the top of the inning in hope. I did a pretty good job of estimating when it was time to switch the radio back on, a pretty lousy job of actually getting any sleep.

This seems very 1944 bomb shelterish of you.
Check The Good Phight, you might learn something.
Disco Stu
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor

Postby Uncle Milty » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:44 am

Disco Stu wrote:
swishnicholson wrote:

Old habits die hard.
Drunk and stupid is no way to be remembered but it's an easy way to forget.

Real rap died with the Fat Boys.
Uncle Milty
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby swishnicholson » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:10 pm

Uncle Milty wrote:
Disco Stu wrote:
swishnicholson wrote:

Old habits die hard.

So some of us still listen to the radio sometimes, not like you kids and your electronic vision-o-scopes and whatnot. Shelter's a p erfect place to listen to a Phillies game. Come over some time for Vienna sausages and condensed milk.

WHAT'S THAT DRONING SOUND APPROACHING??? OMIGOD ITS A MESA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRACKACKACKACKACKACKACK!!!!!!!! BAAROOOOOOM!!!!!

DOBBS!!! DOBBS!!! DOBBS!!! DOBBS!!!
Flanders feeds me people food.
swishnicholson
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby The Red Tornado » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:32 pm

why did I vote for you?
The Red Tornado
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Uncle Milty » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:43 pm

Guilt for that nursing home stunt you pulled in '83?
Drunk and stupid is no way to be remembered but it's an easy way to forget.

Real rap died with the Fat Boys.
Uncle Milty
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby The Red Tornado » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:47 pm

Uncle Milty wrote:Guilt for that nursing home stunt you pulled in '83?

I WAS 13!!! ANYONE COULD'VE MADE THE SAME MISTAKES!!
The Red Tornado
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby 1 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:34 pm

bump
Fine. You wanna act like you're two? I'll act like I'm one.
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP

Previous

Return to 2007 Game Threads