me, pierre laclède, and his 13-year-old stepson 9-18

Postby CFP » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:49 pm

So I just found out this thread went 118 pages... good work
User avatar
CFP
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way
 
Posts: 25642
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:01 pm
Location: Everybody knows this is nowhere

Postby Wolfgang622 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:54 pm



Last night, when Maroth entered the game, the Comcast telecast I was watching said he had a 10+ ERA coming in. This box score says his ERA now stands at 7.01.

So, Maroth pitched 2/3 of an inning, gave up 3 ER, and that DROPPED his ERA by 3 runs? Wow.
"I'm in a bar with the games sound turned off and that Cespedes home run still sounded like inevitability."

-swish
User avatar
Wolfgang622
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way
 
Posts: 25750
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:11 pm
Location: Baseball Heaven

Postby CFP » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:59 pm

ColeforPresident wrote:So I just found out this thread went 118 pages... good work


And I also just found out that Mesa pitched two scoreless innings... WHAT
User avatar
CFP
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way
 
Posts: 25642
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:01 pm
Location: Everybody knows this is nowhere

Postby Philssj » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:00 pm

ColeforPresident wrote:
ColeforPresident wrote:So I just found out this thread went 118 pages... good work


And I also just found out that Mesa pitched two scoreless innings... WHAT


He was really good last night and his best AB may have been not making a mistake to Pujols.
My quick smells like French Toast
User avatar
Philssj
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 1750
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:43 am
Location: South Jersey

Postby lethal » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:06 pm

mozartpc27 wrote:


Last night, when Maroth entered the game, the Comcast telecast I was watching said he had a 10+ ERA coming in. This box score says his ERA now stands at 7.01.

So, Maroth pitched 2/3 of an inning, gave up 3 ER, and that DROPPED his ERA by 3 runs? Wow.


I'm fairly certain that his ERA could not have dropped from that performance.
User avatar
lethal
BSG MVP / ninja
BSG MVP / ninja
 
Posts: 10309
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: zOMGWTFBBQ?

Postby Philssj » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:13 pm

lethal wrote:
mozartpc27 wrote:


Last night, when Maroth entered the game, the Comcast telecast I was watching said he had a 10+ ERA coming in. This box score says his ERA now stands at 7.01.

So, Maroth pitched 2/3 of an inning, gave up 3 ER, and that DROPPED his ERA by 3 runs? Wow.


I'm fairly certain that his ERA could not have dropped from that performance.


Maybe Comcast showed his St.Louis ERA and the paper has his full year ERA?
My quick smells like French Toast
User avatar
Philssj
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 1750
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:43 am
Location: South Jersey

Postby BigEd76 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:16 pm

After last night:

NL ERA = 11.25
AL ERA = 5.06
Overall ERA = 7.01
User avatar
BigEd76
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 99974
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:13 pm
Location: 40.155/-74.829

Postby VoxOrion » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:18 pm

The Phillies got eleven walks last night... ELEVEN.

Cards? 3.
“There are no cool kids. Just people who have good self-esteem and people who blame those people for their own bad self-esteem. “
User avatar
VoxOrion
Site Admin
 
Posts: 12941
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:15 am
Location: HANLEY POTTER N TEH MAGICALASS LION

Postby BigEd76 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:06 pm

so pitching is important?
User avatar
BigEd76
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 99974
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:13 pm
Location: 40.155/-74.829

Postby TenuredVulture » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:07 pm

BigEd76 wrote:so pitching is important?


Not if you score 2-3 runs an inning.
Be Bold!
User avatar
TenuredVulture
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 50633
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:16 pm
Location: Magnolia, AR

Postby TenuredVulture » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:08 pm

As the game wore on last night, I kept thinking--well, it's just a matter of time before the bullpen blows this one. What I should have been thinking, of course, is that it's just a matter of time before the juggernaut known as the Phils offense explodes for a couple of runs.
Be Bold!
User avatar
TenuredVulture
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 50633
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:16 pm
Location: Magnolia, AR

Postby BigEd76 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:20 pm

Only one Cardinal player at the end of the game had not spent a day in the minors this season.

Five of the six players in the infield in the 14th inning were with other organizations in May.

Combined, the Cardinals’ starting nine had 27 home runs. The Phillies had three starters with at least that many.
User avatar
BigEd76
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 99974
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:13 pm
Location: 40.155/-74.829

Postby Didn't I? » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:47 pm

BigEd76 wrote:
Only one Cardinal player at the end of the game had not spent a day in the minors this season.

Five of the six players in the infield in the 14th inning were with other organizations in May.

Combined, the Cardinals’ starting nine had 27 home runs. The Phillies had three starters with at least that many.


Well, that explains Mesa's two scoreless innings.
​​"Big Dick Nick stepped the #$!&@ up." - An Eagles fan with an eye patch
User avatar
Didn't I?
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 6489
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: your mother's basement

Postby PSUPhilliesPhan » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:49 pm

Didn't I? wrote:
BigEd76 wrote:
Only one Cardinal player at the end of the game had not spent a day in the minors this season.

Five of the six players in the infield in the 14th inning were with other organizations in May.

Combined, the Cardinals’ starting nine had 27 home runs. The Phillies had three starters with at least that many.


Well, that explains Mesa's two scoreless innings.


Actually I think it is because I turned on TMC's Midnight Movies while Mesa pitched, I will now make that a tradition when he is pitching.
User avatar
PSUPhilliesPhan
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor
 
Posts: 5505
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:27 pm
Location: South Philly by a block

Postby Didn't I? » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:54 pm

PSUPhilliesPhan wrote:
Didn't I? wrote:
BigEd76 wrote:
Only one Cardinal player at the end of the game had not spent a day in the minors this season.

Five of the six players in the infield in the 14th inning were with other organizations in May.

Combined, the Cardinals’ starting nine had 27 home runs. The Phillies had three starters with at least that many.


Well, that explains Mesa's two scoreless innings.


Actually I think it is because I turned on TMC's Midnight Movies while Mesa pitched, I will now make that a tradition when he is pitching.


Whatever it takes dude.
​​"Big Dick Nick stepped the #$!&@ up." - An Eagles fan with an eye patch
User avatar
Didn't I?
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 6489
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: your mother's basement

Postby Laexile » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:28 pm

Didn't I? wrote:
BigEd76 wrote:
Only one Cardinal player at the end of the game had not spent a day in the minors this season.

Five of the six players in the infield in the 14th inning were with other organizations in May.

Combined, the Cardinals’ starting nine had 27 home runs. The Phillies had three starters with at least that many.


Well, that explains Mesa's two scoreless innings.

The pitcher for the Cardinals who came on after him was Jose's teammate in May.
Laexile
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 3307
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:50 pm
Location: LA

Postby Trent Steele » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:32 pm

Trent Steele wrote:You can tell already that this is the type of game where LaRussa is going to prove his genius. I can see him using 10 pitchers to get throught this game.



"The Cardinals set a league record by using eleven pitchers in the game."

That doesn't even count the three he used for PH and PR purposes.

Genius.

With cool glasses.
I know what you're asking yourself and the answer is yes. I have a nick name for my penis. Its called the Octagon, but I also nick named my testes - my left one is James Westfall and my right one is Doctor Kenneth Noisewater.
User avatar
Trent Steele
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 40674
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 2:02 pm
Location: flapjacks

Postby dajafi » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:35 pm

I'm pretty sure last night was the first time this season I went to bed without knowing if they'd won or lost. Felt weird. But I did sleep.
User avatar
dajafi
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP
 
Posts: 24567
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:03 pm
Location: Brooklyn

Postby CFP » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:40 pm

dajafi wrote:I'm pretty sure last night was the first time this season I went to bed without knowing if they'd won or lost. Felt weird. But I did sleep.


That's funny. Same thing last night for me too. Except I didn't sleep. And I couldn't. And I turned on the radio on two separate occasions in extras, once in the 10th and once in the 14th to hear the end.
User avatar
CFP
Plays the Game the Right Way
Plays the Game the Right Way
 
Posts: 25642
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:01 pm
Location: Everybody knows this is nowhere

Postby FTN » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:50 pm

I tried convincing myself that I wasn't emotionally invested, but I am. This time, though, I've wiped away the long term expectations. I just take it game to game, I expect them to lose in catastrophic fashion, and when they don't, I'm happy.
User avatar
FTN
list sheriff
 
Posts: 47429
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:42 pm
Location: BE PEACE

PreviousNext

Return to 2007 Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests