This town is ruining Pat Burrell

This town is ruining Pat Burrell

Postby CFP » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:47 pm

There. I said it. It's plainly obvious and right in front of everyone. I can't believe it. I could have sworn after he got that hit they were going to start booing him for not hitting it hard enough. Dear god. I've really never seen anything like this. At least they turned around and saved some of the boos at the end of the game for the bullpen because they deserved them.

But Burrell? Wow. It's really gotten out of control. The media has completely turned everyone on Burrell and I bet WIP will find some way to blame it on him later tonight. At this point I'm just hoping he gets traded so he can so somewhere else and we can see exactly what we gave away, a guy with solid production, a high OBP, and a SLG % that Michael Bourn would not be able to replace.
CFP
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby karn » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:47 pm

You weren't around for last year's nightly Bobby bashing at the ball yard promotions the team ran?
karn
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby jamiethekiller » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:48 pm

i try to defend burrell on another MB every day. people just don't want to hear it. WIP has ruined this town.
jamiethekiller
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby usctrojans31 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:50 pm

Next scapegoat will be Jimmy Rollins.

I hate to say it, but there is a reason this city doesn't win anything and a lot of it is the "fans"
usctrojans31
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby Houshphandzadeh » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:54 pm

The Eagles manage to ignore the fans and win. If the fans effect the Phils's win column, it's because they don't ignore them.
Houshphandzadeh
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby jamiethekiller » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:00 pm

Houshphandzadeh wrote:The Eagles manage to ignore the fans and win. If the fans effect the Phils's win column, it's because they don't ignore them.

football isn't a sport where you get the opportunity to be in the players face and boo him at every chance he fails. you can't decidedly tell when a football player fails as easy as a baseball player.
jamiethekiller
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Houshphandzadeh » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:02 pm

I don't think the fans would boo Burrell as much if Gillick and co. had his back the way Reid has for even his worst players.
Houshphandzadeh
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby jamiethekiller » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:02 pm

Houshphandzadeh wrote:I don't think the fans would boo Burrell as much if Gillick and co. had his back the way Reid has for even his worst player's.

true as well. openly shopping a player and then basically saying you had to 'settle' for a player doesn't send the right signal to the fans.
jamiethekiller
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby philliesphhan » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:07 pm

Eagles fans can be just as dumb though.
Look at all the people that wanted to get rid of McNabb and keep Garcia. That's downright lunacy.
"My hip is #$!&@ up. I'm going to Africa for two weeks."
philliesphhan
Plays the Game the Right Way

Postby momadance » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:08 pm

jamiethekiller wrote:football isn't a sport where you get the opportunity to be in the players face and boo him at every chance he fails. you can't decidedly tell when a football player fails as easy as a baseball player.

In this town you can.
kwyjibo.
momadance
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Houshphandzadeh » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:11 pm

philliesphhan wrote:Eagles fans can be just as dumb though.
Look at all the people that wanted to get rid of McNabb and keep Garcia. That's downright lunacy.

I agree. I'm saying, they manage to overcome it by insulating their staff from it, letting the good part (maniac fans in the stands) in but deflecting the bad part (BS criticism) by supporting their players and making personnel decisions regardless of general opinion. Phillies management would rather sacrifice a star player to WIP than take the heat.
Houshphandzadeh
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby philliesphhan » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:13 pm

Houshphandzadeh wrote:
philliesphhan wrote:Eagles fans can be just as dumb though.

I agree. I'm saying, they manage to overcome it by insulating their staff from it, letting the good part (maniac fans in the stands) in but deflecting the bad part (BS criticism) by supporting their players and making personnel decisions regardless of general opinion. Phillies management would rather sacrifice a star player to WIP than take the heat.

So what you're saying is the Phillies front office bashing Burrell, Abreu, Rolen, and Schilling is a bad thing?
Don't know why you'd want any of them here :lol:
"My hip is #$!&@ up. I'm going to Africa for two weeks."
philliesphhan

Postby Bucky » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:14 pm

I tell you one thing this town's unfair treatment of Pat Burrell is ruining and that's me. More precisely, my right to enjoy a game in person at CBP. I wanted to biotch-slap about 17 people during the opener Monday for their idiotic statements. One in particular: This boy, about 10, was sitting a couple seats from me. He says "Burrell sucks". Then this skanky biotch with a hideous mult-colored tattoo covering her entire right bicep turn around and says to the kid's dad, "you're teaching that kid RIGHT!", and gives the kid a high-five. I wanted to rip the Phillies shirt right off of her back but I was afraid of what I might see.
Bucky
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby jamiethekiller » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:17 pm

Bucky wrote:I tell you one thing this town's unfair treatment of Pat Burrell is ruining and that's me. More precisely, my right to enjoy a game in person at CBP. I wanted to biotch-slap about 17 people during the opener Monday for their idiotic statements. One in particular: This boy, about 10, was sitting a couple seats from me. He says "Burrell sucks". Then this skanky biotch with a hideous mult-colored tattoo covering her entire right bicep turn around and says to the kid's dad, "you're teaching that kid RIGHT!", and gives the kid a high-five. I wanted to rip the Phillies shirt right off of her back but I was afraid of what I might see.

i can't STAND going to games anymore. i gotta get standing room and stay away from pepole in the stands.

edit: i was watching a game last year. pat burrell comes to bat and some jerk in front of me is talking 'loudly' so people can hear his burrell hate and goes onto talk crap on him. a hit would score runs. so i'm like "hey asshat, i bet you he gets a hit here." of course he does and the entire game i get to slyly call the guy an asshat.
jamiethekiller
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby ace » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:23 pm

That was me for much of the last two seasons. I was told that it was pathetic that I let other fans get to me that much. Maybe it is, but I completely understand.
ace
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby Woody » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:24 pm

jamiethekiller wrote:
edit: i was watching a game last year. pat burrell comes to bat and some jerk in front of me is talking 'loudly' so people can hear his burrell hate and goes onto talk crap on him. a hit would score runs. so i'm like "hey asshat, i bet you he gets a hit here." of course he does and the entire game i get to slyly call the guy an asshat.

good story i'll bet you got his goat, that's for sure
you sure do seem to have a lot of time on your hands to be on this forum? Do you have a job? Are you a shut-in?
Woody
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Houshphandzadeh » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:26 pm

I hear you all on that point. I got pissed off waiting for a friggin' table at brunch last weekend. It's even worse when it's your flesh and blood.
Houshphandzadeh
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Uncle Milty » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:27 pm

chyea :!:
Drunk and stupid is no way to be remembered but it's an easy way to forget.

Real rap died with the Fat Boys.
Uncle Milty
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Woody » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:29 pm

Milty is dragging down the board. get him a new outlook, people
you sure do seem to have a lot of time on your hands to be on this forum? Do you have a job? Are you a shut-in?
Woody
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby FTN » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:29 pm

Bucky wrote:I tell you one thing this town's unfair treatment of Pat Burrell is ruining and that's me. More precisely, my right to enjoy a game in person at CBP. I wanted to biotch-slap about 17 people during the opener Monday for their idiotic statements. One in particular: This boy, about 10, was sitting a couple seats from me. He says "Burrell sucks". Then this skanky biotch with a hideous mult-colored tattoo covering her entire right bicep turn around and says to the kid's dad, "you're teaching that kid RIGHT!", and gives the kid a high-five. I wanted to rip the Phillies shirt right off of her back but I was afraid of what I might see.

I overheard someone say that Rowand should bat cleanup "because he isn't afraid to swing the bat, unlike Burrell"
FTN
list sheriff

Next

Return to Back She Goes!