Garcia done as a Phillie?

Garcia done as a Phillie?

Postby cshort » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:45 am

Per Paul Hagen's article, it looks like Garcia's season is over. Lovely.......
User avatar
cshort
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 3232
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:53 pm

Postby philliesr98 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:52 am

its hard to believe an initial mri would have revealed NOTHING wrong with his shoulder.... please no awful trades now....


and now officialy nothing to show for Gavin and Gio
User avatar
philliesr98
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 9224
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:11 pm
Location: an island somewhere

Postby KRtrumpet182 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:55 am

Definitely sounds like he's done.
User avatar
KRtrumpet182
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:27 pm

Postby Bob Loblaw » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:03 am

We got hosed.

Do we at least get a supplemental first round pick when he walks? Probably not since arbitration won't be offered......

I'm assuming, and I know this is a huge assumption, that Mr. Garcia will not be offered a contract to stay in Philadelphia.

:)
Last edited by Bob Loblaw on Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We're gonna win!" - Jimmy Dugan
User avatar
Bob Loblaw
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor
 
Posts: 5848
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:14 am
Location: Tampa, Florida

Postby cshort » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:21 am

philliesr98 wrote:its hard to believe an initial mri would have revealed NOTHING wrong with his shoulder.... please no awful trades now....


and now officialy nothing to show for Gavin and Gio


Are we paying part of Thome's salary next year? If Rowand walks at the end of the year, we could be paying Thome and have nothing on the roster to show for it.
User avatar
cshort
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 3232
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:53 pm

Postby Bakestar » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:58 am

karn needs to make a new shirt with a silk-screened shoulder sling on the sleeve.
Foreskin stupid
User avatar
Bakestar
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 14695
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:57 pm
Location: Crane Jackson's Fountain Street Theatre

Postby usctrojans31 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:08 am

cshort wrote:
philliesr98 wrote:its hard to believe an initial mri would have revealed NOTHING wrong with his shoulder.... please no awful trades now....


and now officialy nothing to show for Gavin and Gio


Are we paying part of Thome's salary next year? If Rowand walks at the end of the year, we could be paying Thome and have nothing on the roster to show for it.


FABIO CASTRO
User avatar
usctrojans31
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 2190
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:22 pm

Postby cshort » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:11 am

usctrojans31 wrote:
cshort wrote:
philliesr98 wrote:its hard to believe an initial mri would have revealed NOTHING wrong with his shoulder.... please no awful trades now....


and now officialy nothing to show for Gavin and Gio


Are we paying part of Thome's salary next year? If Rowand walks at the end of the year, we could be paying Thome and have nothing on the roster to show for it.


FABIO CASTRO

and he's worth every penny
User avatar
cshort
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 3232
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:53 pm

Postby GunbladeVIII » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:16 am

Would someone PLEASE put Myers back into the rotation when he comes back? That would plug a hole without a makeshift rotating audition of minor league guys or, worse, trading for a too-expensive (in $ and players) "veteran" rent-a-player who stinks and then walks at the end of the year for nothing.
"Come on you target for faraway laughter, come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!"

-Pink Floyd

R.I.P. Veterans Stadium (April 4, 1971-March 21, 2004)

Lifetime record at CBP: 10-11
User avatar
GunbladeVIII
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 1019
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:08 pm
Location: Bryn Mawr, PA

Postby seke2 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:19 am

GunbladeVIII wrote:Would someone PLEASE put Myers back into the rotation when he comes back? That would plug a hole without a makeshift rotating audition of minor league guys or, worse, trading for a too-expensive (in $ and players) "veteran" rent-a-player who stinks and then walks at the end of the year for nothing.

Especially now that we have Jose Mesa in the bullpen...

When is Tom Gordon due back?
Letting Roy Halladay loose against the National League this year was like locking a hungry wolf inside a garage full of kittens. - Neyer
User avatar
seke2
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor
 
Posts: 6801
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:34 am
Location: Sir Twinkie McCheeseburger

Postby KRtrumpet182 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:21 am

Ideally, Gordon and Myers would both return around the same time and in prime shape.

But this is the Phillies we're talkin' about.
User avatar
KRtrumpet182
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:27 pm

Postby BigEd76 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:28 am

Jeff N. wrote:I'm assuming, and I know this is a huge assumption, that Mr. Garcia will not be offered a contract to stay in Philadelphia.


Ah, but he'll be damaged goods, and the Phillies love dented cans...
User avatar
BigEd76
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 93396
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:13 pm
Location: 40.155/-74.829

Postby lethal » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:23 pm

Jeff N. wrote:We got hosed.

Do we at least get a supplemental first round pick when he walks? Probably not since arbitration won't be offered......

I'm assuming, and I know this is a huge assumption, that Mr. Garcia will not be offered a contract to stay in Philadelphia.

:)


After stinking it up this year and then missing the rest of it, I doubt he'd be classified as a Type A FA. Maybe not even a Type B.

Perhaps they can be like the Padres where they offer arbitration with the agreement that Garcia declines it to get an extra supplemental pick.
User avatar
lethal
BSG MVP / ninja
BSG MVP / ninja
 
Posts: 9954
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: zOMGWTFBBQ?

Postby philliesr98 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:26 pm

free agent types are based on career totals, I believe.... in that case freddy garcia may make a strong case for an A.... but as someone else says, are we going to even offer arbitration??? at this point the acquistion of freddy garcia is starting to look like one of the worst in awhile for the phillies....
User avatar
philliesr98
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 9224
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:11 pm
Location: an island somewhere

Postby lethal » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:27 pm

philliesr98 wrote:free agent types are based on career totals, I believe.... in that case freddy garcia may make a strong case for an A.... but as someone else says, are we going to even offer arbitration??? at this point the acquistion of freddy garcia is starting to look like one of the worst in awhile for the phillies....


They're based on the latest 2 seasons. 2007 is going to hurt Garcia's rating a lot.
User avatar
lethal
BSG MVP / ninja
BSG MVP / ninja
 
Posts: 9954
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: zOMGWTFBBQ?

Postby philliesr98 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:30 pm

if its last 2 seasons then OUCH
User avatar
philliesr98
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 9224
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:11 pm
Location: an island somewhere

Postby traderdave » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:30 pm

GunbladeVIII wrote:Would someone PLEASE put Myers back into the rotation when he comes back? That would plug a hole without a makeshift rotating audition of minor league guys or, worse, trading for a too-expensive (in $ and players) "veteran" rent-a-player who stinks and then walks at the end of the year for nothing.


Unfortunately, this HAS to be an option now.
User avatar
traderdave
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor
 
Posts: 5972
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:44 pm
Location: Here

Postby BigEd76 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:51 pm

I'd rather trade for a starter and leave Myers as the closer, but that's just me....
User avatar
BigEd76
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
 
Posts: 93396
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:13 pm
Location: 40.155/-74.829

Postby jemagee » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:58 pm

BigEd76 wrote:I'd rather trade for a starter and leave Myers as the closer, but that's just me....

What do you (or anyone else) think of julian tavarez and what it might take to get him from the sox - if lester is back i think he's the odd man out
jemagee
BSG MVP
BSG MVP
 
Posts: 13918
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:44 pm
Location: What's it to ya?

Postby seke2 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:04 pm

jemagee wrote:
BigEd76 wrote:I'd rather trade for a starter and leave Myers as the closer, but that's just me....

What do you (or anyone else) think of julian tavarez and what it might take to get him from the sox - if lester is back i think he's the odd man out

lester is off the DL but they left him in the minors because he's kinda sucked so far in his rehab work
Letting Roy Halladay loose against the National League this year was like locking a hungry wolf inside a garage full of kittens. - Neyer
User avatar
seke2
Dropped Anchor
Dropped Anchor
 
Posts: 6801
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:34 am
Location: Sir Twinkie McCheeseburger

Next

Return to Back She Goes!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bob Loblaw, etched Chaos, Google Adsense [Bot], Grotewold, MoBettle, Monkeyboy, WheelsFellOff and 15 guests